It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hoary ATS Cliches

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Wrong. Or even better... "Your wrong." Ahh, I get a headache simply looking at the idiocy radiating from that simple, arrogant statement... nothing wrong with being wrong, but people who say "your wrong" generally follow this with any number of the previously mentioned cliches...
edit on 2-4-2013 by solarjetman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Yeah don't forget about all those Anti-Evolution thread where the OP doesn;t have a single clue about the dfference between...

Abiogenesis and Theory OF evolution

Theory and Scientific Theory

Half the thread is wasted trying to explain the difference.

"If humans evolved from monkeys, where are monkeys still here?" /face-palm

"Evolution is false because big bang is impossible, and we didn't come from a rock" /face-palm

"Evolution is just a theory, it says so in its own name!"

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The tomato is a lie - - there is no TOMATO!!

When are you people going to realize that we live in an extrapolated matrix? Yep, just like the movie... the Galactic council told my Mother's friend's ex's new girlfriend!!

It is all an illusion, the tomato is a figment of your imagination... it's all a dream!

WAKE UP!!!!!!!!
edit on 2-4-2013 by Invariance because: there is no tomato

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
OMG, "breaking news" is rarely that...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by solarjetman

I propose a better reply that wrong or your wrong. How about " what a bunch of Schnitzel" (Bernard)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Mods, please remove if this isn't in the right forum?

Even done it myself!!

Kindest respects

Rodinus (and yes i sign off with my user name!)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
The most annoying one i see is where people sign off

~Amberleaf~

Or people saying "peace" or "namanste" at the end of every post.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been added already but..
"New studies confirm the Mayan Calendar days were actually____the new end of the world is in_____!!"

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I guess this is sort of a pet peeve or a pure psychotic hatred but when I see people on this forum sign their post with their username, something inside me wants to leap out of of my chest kind of like the dinner scene in Alien. That may be a bit exaggerated but you get the point.

Seriously, what is the logic in it? First, I can see your username already. Second, It sort of feels like a lazy way to end a post. Sometimes when you end a post the last line can seem to fall flat and fail the conclusion. When this happens you can simply add your screen name and it helps end it.

Now I realized that this was a completely pointless and meaningless post, and that I'm actually doing a service to people who sign their posts with their screen names.

-Kang

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

~Amberleaf~

When someone signs off like that, it doesn't make me feel mad, as much as it does inadequate.

Because I still can find the infinity symbol on my keyboard .

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

You will hate me then Amber!

But then again, that could be down to cultural differences and politness!?

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
"How far down the rabbit hole..." type comments kinda annoy me.

I was kinda bummed to learn that the tomato was a fruit, and that the strawberry isn't actually a berry! Why do we have to complicate the simple things in life?

Fun thread but still makes some interesting points, worth a flag.

Now I have to ask, how many of you reading this thread learned that you've done or said something on ATS that annoyed people? I'm guilty of at least one of the afore-mentioned ATS crimes - I corrected someones spelling - I was in a ratty mood at the time and am quite ashamed of it now.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by samerulesapply

I'm guilty of loads here as i am still a noob when i look at the majority of the posters on this thread.

So i guess this makes me one of those guilty of making ATS go downhill if i read some of the posts here? (No hurt intended)

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 2-4-2013 by Rodinus because: Phrase added

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Bah... I used to habitually sign my posts "~Heff"... and still sign some of my threads that way. But it isn't pretension or arrogance. It is simply letting people know that my member name is an expansion of my real life nickname - "Heff". In the real world I'd answer to "Heff" - but if somebody were to call me "Hefficide" I'd probably walk right past it as, other than in print, it is totally alien to me.

~Heff

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Guitly as charged...but you redeemed yourself by being honest about it.

I'm pretty much a noob, been reading ATS threads for years but only made an account just over a year ago. In that short year I've been a plonker a few times but you live and learn.

I'm more surprised at how easily offended and wound up some folk apparently are on here
if someone says a tomato is a vegetable, don't get mad - get even!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Can we call you Heffer Heff?

Or Heffalump?

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 2-4-2013 by Rodinus because: Pic added

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Nibiru!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Millions

The one that bugs me the most are the "certainty" and "imminent" posts - usually about things the person is either ill-informed of, or things which, by their very nature do not lend themselves to any degree of certainty. Recent examples i've come across include such profound and magical statements as:

"the certain, imminent demise of the US Dollar..." (which has been both certain, and imminent for years and years.

"the certain, imminent suspension of the Constitution..." (again, been that way for years)

"i'm 100% certain Obama will declare Martial Law and take all of our guns immediately after the election."

The list goes on...people 100% certain that 'X' is about to happen. If you argue against them, they are offended and you are an idiot for not believing the obvious, imminent certainty. Then, of course, the outlandish, paranoid, ignorant claim they're making never come true.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
False flag alert!

Or

"Cure your cancer with gu gu berries"

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
"nothing to add at this time, replying to come back and reply later"

or something else like the above

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join