It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Nightmare: Can I Sue My Government Or Apply To The UN For Compensation For Violation Of My Rights

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
In the Cold War during the 70s and 80s as a child growing up in this time I used to have terrible nightmares about nuclear war. Now those nightmares are starting to come back. Its the air raid siren that gets me. Those old Protect and Survice broadcasts were frightening enough. Tonight i watched a tv programme and the signal had clearly conked out as the picture froze. Normally I would roll my eyes and think to myself perhaps it is time i subscribed to satellite tv. But not tonight. I was actually fearful the programme would be replaced by an urgent newsflash to say the missles in North Korea had gone off or be confronted with a mushroom cloud.

I do not appreciate this fear. I dont appreciate the thought that any day now we could all end up being incinerated. I dont hate the North Korean people, just the evil regime, but I dont want to die in a nuclear war over it. Why are the UN not meeting now to discuss things? Why should my right to live a life free from being tourtured and mind raped by threats of being caught up in a nuclear exchange I neither wanted or asked for. Can I sue the Govermment for this or indeed apply to the UN for compensation of this basic violation of my human right? Its all theoritcal i know cause we will all be dead and I wont be able to sue!

edit on 1/4/13 by Wirral Bagpuss because: Title edited!

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
You probably could sue someone somewhere. You might even win.

I think the real question is: "as a decent human being, could I consider suing someone for this?"

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I've been trying to wipe away the images of nuclear destruction from my mind for years now. Nothing seems to help...It's nearly constantly on my mind...too much for someone aged 24. I feel it's inevitable though, the way we're currently living. Not a day goes by where it doesn't cross my mind.
edit on 1-4-2013 by concernedcitizen519 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
A couple questions... Aside from a bonus payday, what will money do or change in suing for?

Second.. Where are they getting this money to pay? Almost everyone could file and in most Western nations, we ARE the Government in terms of their money coming from our own pockets. So, when everyone in the population sees a winning payday on that basis of a lawsuit and goes for their payday too....whose left to pay when everyone is collecting?

Of course, I don't see the theory to base a suit on to begin with...but it's a very interesting question in real impact if there were and a suit was filed.

Flag for something entirely different to ponder!

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Here is the problem your suit would be for them being too good at what they are doing. Keep in mind "they" are TRYING to scare you, "they" are trying to keep you living in fear of "deadly pickles" "killer Koreans" and all the "ists" in the world.

They are doing a great job, so your suit would be a tiny problem in that you'd have to say they are doing their job too well, just too perfectly and the expertise with which the effectively convince then entire population of 6 billion people that all 6 billion are evil is too effective, just too damn good.

It is their job to scare you, they've been doing this for thousands of years, and oddly enough the same folks have been doing it for all that time, and their effort has a purpose: scared people are easily enslaved, where as people who know no fear are not. The scared beg for enslavement/cages/prisons/restrictions, so they seek to scare you into begging for their safety net to secure you, which, btw, will never, ever, ever, ever come. There are new threats being created as we speak: global warming/cooling, earthquakes, virus', food shortage, power shortage, "ists..." travel safety, gun safety, killer weeds, deadly cows, uncontrollable mother nature horrors and on and on and on - it will NEVER stop, never.

This is earth, a few people spending countless amounts of energy trying to scare the living &^%T out of every human on the planet so said humans will gladly demand a rubber room to protect with with the overlords giving TV updates of how safe they are being isolated from the horror filled world.

It's their job.....

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Unless you are very rich right now...you dont stand a chance financially to be able to over-spend them in defending your position.

Heres an idea. Call an attorney today...set up an appointment...and PAY him just for today. Multiply that by how many times youll need to "consult, prepare, give depostions, go to court etc, etc, etc....TIMES how many times youll have to do that... and all the other trips, court appearances, fees and requirements...TIMES how many years it will take to even GET to the 1ST court date...PLUS all the lawyers fees, hotels, hourly charges....EACH TIME!.

So IF it got to any real court date...it would most likely take forever to go and go and go again and again...AND pay the attorneys each time... plus off-times...only to get to court and find....its THROWN OUT...and now youre broke, have lost everything...and it was all in vain..

I know youre just ranting here...but , I too would like some satisfaction from what youre talking about....but financially alone..it would wipe us both out...and we'd still...LOSE...

Thanks for playin"!!! MS
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: spelling

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

In the Cold War during the 70s and 80s as a child growing up in this time I used to have terrible nightmares about nuclear war. Now those nightmares are starting to come back. Its the air raid siren that gets me. Those old Protect and Survice broadcasts were frightening enough. Tonight i watched a tv programme and the signal had clearly conked out as the picture froze. Normally I would roll my eyes and think to myself perhaps it is time i subscribed to satellite tv. But not tonight. I was actually fearful the programme would be replaced by an urgent newsflash to say the missles in North Korea had gone off or be confronted with a mushroom cloud.

I do not appreciate this fear. I dont appreciate the thought that any day now we could all end up being incinerated. I dont hate the North Korean people, just the evil regime, but I dont want to die in a nuclear war over it. Why are the UN not meeting now to discuss things? Why should my right to live a life free from being tourtured and mind raped by threats of being caught up in a nuclear exchange I neither wanted or asked for. Can I sue the Govermment for this or indeed apply to the UN for compensation of this basic violation of my human right? Its all theoritcal i know cause we will all be dead and I wont be able to sue!

Relax. Unless you actually live in South Korea you are in absolutely no danger at the moment. North Korea can barely project its power past the DMZ. There is absolutely no way their missiles can reach the continental United States. My suggestion is that you simply stop watching TV; it seems to have a troubling effect on you.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The thing is...who would nuke us knowing we would nuke them right back? We would know if there was an incoming missile. It would literally be suicide for that country.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I think the money you would waste on a lawer would be better spent on counseling, Sitting around in fear of almost non-existant threats is not a way to live your life.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
So wait, because the media's fear mongering and propaganda works on you, you'd like to sue them for it?

That's a bit spurious don't you think?

I apologize, but I do find it hard to take these sorts of things seriously. Fear and propaganda are only a problem if you allow them to be. The cold war didn't create a whole generation of people with PTSD.

Nor is the coverage of NK and it's supposed nuclear ambitions. Turn off the TV is probably your best answer.

I don't subject myself to things I don't like. You should probably do the same.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Maybe you should unplug and go for a walk mate..... I understand where your coming from but suing the gov't is literally suing every tax payer......

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Would it help to know that N Koreas'
"ICBM's" have never made it 30 miles beyond
their shores?

Which really makes them "BM's"
and no so much intercontinental.

I am sorry for your trauma. But...
The only people I think that need to be wary
are the people of both Koreas.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I'm sure if you ask your lawyers to contact Kim Jong Un's lawyers a mutually acceptable solution could be reached

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
btw no-one in Britain ever sued HItler, even though it actually did - not just threaten - bombard us with missiles.

Guess times change, eh?

Have you thought about suing God because of the threat of an asteroid impact or supervolcano eruption? Or, indeed, the fact that you might die from old age before you reach 211...... I think you should seriously consider it

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Thank you for your replies. I do have a good life and make the most of it. It's not like i am a loser in life. I just dont think it is acceptable that I am subjected to this threat of nuclear annilihation which is essentially a war crime against humanity. I dont care to be genoicded thank you very much. I am not a prepper. I dont see the point in living in a post nuclear holoucast world where you die a slow death from radiation poisoning.
It's alright for the politicians, they have shiny bunkers to live in for years on end. Us lot, that's you and me will face the fire and fury and for those who survive the blast a painful lingering death. Natural disasters, that's different, there is a case for prepping then.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew
Have you thought about suing God because of the threat of an asteroid impact or supervolcano eruption? Or, indeed, the fact that you might die from old age before you reach 211...... I think you should seriously consider it

If there was a god I would encourage everybody to sue him/her/it for the suffering we've all had to endure at some point in our lives due to this dodgy "design" LOL.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

What right do you have to not ever have any fear? Exactly who do you blame because you are afraid? Who should pay? Governments that threaten? Governments that hear threats and don't do anything? What, precisely, do you think they should do? Attack a nation that has made threats for ages, and never does anything? Gee, didn't a lot of people complain that we attacked in Iraq, when a guy that was making far more credible threats was in office, who even killed tons of his own people with those WMDs he supposedly didn't have?

I can understand your worries, and don't want to make light of those, but a lawsuit? The UN handling anything?

In this case, you need to relax. If, at some point, someone does launch a nuke, and it gets through whatever defenses there are, and heads your way, there is nothing to do about it. You would not even know. Worrying about that is like worrying about being struck by lightening, or a meteor. The simple fact is, we all die at some point. Live with common sense, stay healthy, and don't sweat the rest. If you live in fear, you accomplish one thing; you make it far easier for nefarious types to control you. Plus, if you know what happens after this life, and are secure, you need have no fear at all.

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Haven't you heard? All corporations have been foreclosed upon (this includes governments and banks). Look into the oppt filings. All that is neccesary is to spread the word and start exerting your god given rights. Sueing would only feed power to these systems that never had proper jurisdiction in the first place.

-Love and peace

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by tigershark1988
Haven't you heard? All corporations have been foreclosed upon (this includes governments and banks).

You must have missed the memo, the OPPT is just a scam, they lied about teleporting all the gold away, they lied about everyone getting at least $5billion.... why do you think an American code, the UCC applies in other countries?

As to the op....

or indeed apply to the UN for compensation of this basic violation of my human right?

Which basic human right are you on about?
edit on 9-4-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

top topics

join