It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost treasure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Hello ATS,
I was inspired to write this post after observing the common Easter tradition of children looking for there hidden treasures of tasty treats and painted eggs. A good treasure hunt does bring out the kid in us all.
I think if I was to start looking for colorful eggs I would start with these ones Fabergé egg
There are eight of these things missing and they are worth about $30,000,000 each. The next Easter egg hunt you have take the kids to Gramas house and tell them to look in the attic.

THE LOST FABERGÉ EGGS Peter Carl Fabergé (also known as Karl Gustavovich Fabergé) and his brother Agathon were Russian jewellers of French descent based in St. Petersburg. They rapidly became famous for the extraordinary quality and beauty of their work. In 1885 Tsar Alexander III (House of Romanov) commissioned the production of the gold and enamel 'Hen Egg' for his wife the Empress Maria which she adored. Fabergé was made ‘Goldsmith by Special Appointment to the Imperial Crown’ and over the next 33 years 52 eggs were made for the Russian Royal Family as well as a further 15 for other private buyers. The 1917 Russian Revolution toppled Tsar Nicholas II who was executed along with much of the royal family in July 1918. Fearing for his safety, Peter Carl Faberge abandoned Russia travelling first to Latvia then Germany and finally Switzerland where he died in Lausene in 1920. The Fabergé eggs and many other treasures of the Royal family were confiscated and stored in the vaults of the Kremlin Armoury. Some were sold to raise funds for the new regime. Over time eight of the original 52 Imperial eggs have vanished and their whereabouts remain a mystery to this day

There are many treasures lost in the world just waiting to be found.
Here are some more examples.TOP TEN LOST TREASURES OF THE WORLD

EXAMPLES OF INCAN GOLD ARTIFACTS (Similar to the possible treasure of Paititi) Treasure: Lost City and Gold of Paititi Lost:1572 - Current Est. Value: $10,000,000,000 Incan gold & artifacts, gold bars, jewellery, etc. (Southwest Brazil) Google Earth Reference for Boca do Acre: Latitude: 8°50'38.63"S Longitude: 67°15'11.95"W

PAUL KRUGER & TWO MODERN KRUGER RANDS Treasure: The Kruger Millions Lost:1900 - Current Est. Value: $250,000,000.00 Gold coins, ingots, gold dust, silver ingots & coins. (South Africa)

THE COPPER SCROLL - BIBLICAL TREASURE LIST Treasure: Gold, Silver & Coins For Example: Item 3. In the funeral shrine, in the 3rd row of stones: One hundred gold ingots. Item 5: In the ascent of the 'staircase of refuge', to the left-hand side, three cubits up from the floor are forty talents of silver. Item 32: In the cave that is next to (unknown) and belonging to the House of Hakkoz, dig six cubits. Within are six ingots of gold. Lost: Circa 100 BC - Current Est. Value: $1.2 Billion + (Middle East / Israel / Jordan?)

SUNKEN SHIPWRECK Treasure: Contents of the Flor de La Mar Lost:1511 - Current Est. Value: $2.6 Billion + (54,431kg of Gold x $49,000 per Kg) (Sumatra)

TREASURE OF THE SAN MIGUEL - 1715 Treasure: Spanish Treasure Lost:30 July 1715 - Current Est. Value: $2 billion (Florida - USA) Ships of the 1715 Spanish (Plate) Treasure Fleet that have never been found: Nueva Espana Fleet - General Juan de Ubilla - The Maria Galante - Frigatilla / Frigate Tierra Firma Fleet - General Antonio de Echeverz - Nuestra Senora de la Concepcion - NAO Class (Carrack) - The (El Senor) San Miguel -NAO Class (Fast Carrack) - El Ciervo (La Franecsa ) Galera Class (Galley

And list goes on. Here is the link to the article.
TOP TEN LOST TREASURES OF THE WORLD
Here are some more links on this subject you might find interesting
5 Real Buried Treasures That Can Make You Rich (Or Kill You)
10 Mysterious Lost Treasures of the World
10 Lost Treasures That Could Make You Very Rich Read the full text here: mentalfloss.com...
Just remember if you find the treasure I'll split it with you 50/50.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by d8track

Great idea for a thread! I hadn't heard of any of these. S&F!
Too bad none of them are likely to be found in my neck of the woods, lol.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gemineye

It is interesting to look at lost treasures in your area. I live in B.C and with a quick search I found this.
Gold Prospecting and Treasure Hunting leads for British Columbia.

Northern British Columbia Leads. In February of 1943, a Douglas C-49 took off from Fort Nelson, British Columbia on a flight to Fort Simpson. It reportedly carried eleven passengers and crew and an army payroll of $200,000 in United States currency and 400 pounds of gold bullion. On September 22, 1948, the wreckage was found near Fort Nelson high above Tuchodi Lake where it hit the mountainside with great force, disintegrated, scattered and burned for over a mile. Much of the debris was buried four to six feet under rockslides and although eleven bodies were recovered, there was no record of the missing cargo

Now I just need to get off the computer and get out looking.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by d8track

You can read about some of the famous treasures in these articles.

Staffordshire gold

www.akshardhool.com...

Bactrian Gold

www.akshardhool.com...

Czar's treasures

www.akshardhool.com...

Treasures of Java Sea

www.akshardhool.com...

www.akshardhool.com...

www.akshardhool.com...

Enjoy

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Don't forget the lost treasure of Montecuzuma,last of the Aztec emperors.
A massive stash of gold and other treasure,dumped into lake texcoco to prevent the Spanish from looting it,which is now mostly been filled in and built upon.
Its where modern day Mexico stands today.

Which is probably why it has never been found.
Maybe one day a lucky mexican sewer builder may just find it though...
I would pay big bucks to see that it a museum.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by d8track

Hey, thanks for that! I did a quick Google search and came up with quite a few legends of lost treasure in my area. How cool! Would have never thought of it. I'd love a good treasure hunt, even if it turned out to be a wild goose chase, lol. After all, part of the fun in looking for treasure is the suspense of the hunt.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
the treasue i would like to find is

1) lost coffin of menkaure`s pyramid
lost at sea, british ship called the Beeatrice..sunk in the mediteranean
APPARENTLY

2) tombs of
ahmose and ceremonial tomb of osiris

3) an Atef crown....funny how no crowns, gold ka statues, and mace heads...which are all mysteriously mising when tombs are opened

nice thread

peace

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
One of mention is the Carrie Shinob, purported to be in Eastern Utah in the Uinta's. Some claim Montezuma's horde was whisked off to the north beyond the four corners area to prevent the Conquistadors from finding it.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Have you heard of "The Golden Chain of Huaina Capac."??

“Among the fantastic treasures reported on the imperial highway,” said Connell, “was a gold chain about 800 feet long – either a chain or a multicolored rope embellished with gold plates – which was so heavy that 200 Indians carried it. This chain, or rope, was held by dancers during important festivals, and is said to have been cast into a lake just south of Cuzco. But a thing like that – how could you throw it into a lake? How far could 200 men throw it? My own opinion is that it was buried.”

According to Inca tradition, the chain was crafted on orders from the Inca ruler Huaina Capac to celebrate the naming ceremony of his son Huascar. Garcilaso says Huaina Capac himself conceived the idea of the chain, as a fitting embellishment on the traditional Inca naming ceremony for his own first-born son. In the central dance of that ceremony, “men formed in line, facing the reigning Inca, at a certain distance from him, and some two or three hundred in number. Each one held the hand, not of his immediate neighbor, but of the one following him, and thus they formed a sort of chain. They then began to advance little by little toward the king, in slow rhythm, taking, alternately, one step backward and two steps forward, as in those Spanish dances called double step and repeat. It occurred to the Inca that it would be still more meet, solemn, and majestical, if they were to execute this dance, not by simply forming a chain with their bodies, but by holding in their hands a chain of real, solid gold.”

More about this little known treasure at this link

and another treasure of the Incans that went missing was "The Garden of the Sun"

Also missing was the famed “Garden of the Sun,” a life-sized facsimile of a country garden, complete with rows of corn, sheep and shepherds – all fashioned of pure gold. The chronicler Pedro Sarmiento de Gamboa (1532-1589) placed this garden near the Temple of the Sun: “They had a garden in which the lumps of earth were pieces of fine gold. These were cleverly sown with maize – the stalks, leaves and ears of which were all pure gold. They were so well planted that nothing would disturb them. Besides all this, they had more than twenty sheep with their young. The shepherds who guarded the sheep were armed with slings and staves made of gold and silver. Pots, vases and every kind of vessel were cast from fine gold.”

Happy treasure hunting!!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I'll throw in a couple of local lost treasures from central cal., First the lost treasures the gold rush era bandit Joaquin Murietta.

Murrieta reportedly went to California in 1849 to seek his fortune in the California Gold Rush. He encountered racism in the extreme competition of the rough mining camps. While mining for gold, he and his wife supposedly were attacked by American miners jealous of his success. [2] They allegedly beat him and raped his wife. But, the source for these events is not considered reliable, as it was a dime novel, The Life and Adventures of Joaquin Murrieta, written by John Rollin Ridge and published in 1854. [2]

The historian Frank Latta, in his twentieth-century book, Joaquín Murrieta and His Horse Gangs (1980), wrote that Murrieta was from Hermosillo in the northern Mexican state of Sonora and that he had a paramilitary band made up of relatives and friends. Latta documented that they regularly engaged in illegal horse trade with Mexico, and had helped Murrieta kill at least six of the Americans who had attacked him and his wife.

He and his band attacked settlers and wagon trains in California. The gang is believed to have killed up to 28 Chinese and 13 White-Americans. [3] By 1853, the California state legislature considered Murrieta enough of a criminal to list him as one of the so-called "Five Joaquins" on a bill passed in May 1853. The legislature authorized hiring for three months a company of 20 California Rangers, veterans of the Mexican-American War, to hunt down "Joaquin Botellier, Joaquin Carrillo, Joaquin Muriata [sic], Joaquin Ocomorenia, and Joaquin Valenzuela," and their banded associates. On May 11, 1853, the governor John Bigler signed an act to create the "California State Rangers", to be led by Captain Harry Love (a former Texas Ranger and Mexican War veteran).

The state paid the California Rangers $150 a month, and promised them a $1,000 governor's reward if they captured the wanted men. On July 25, 1853, a group of Rangers encountered a band of armed Mexican men near Arroyo de Cantua near the Coast Range Mountains on the Tulare plains. In the confrontation, three of the Mexicans were killed. They claimed one was Murrieta, and another Manuel Garcia, also known as Three-Fingered Jack, one of his most notorious associates. Two others were captured. [4] A plaque (California Historical Landmark #344) near the intersection of State Routes 33 and 198 now marks the approximate site of the incident.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Depending upon whom you talk to , Murrieta was either a hero or bandit. The character of Zorro is loosely based on his exploits.
He and his gang roamed all over California, catching wild horses and robbing stages, wagon trains and isolated ranchos.
In newer research it appears as though all the members of the gang went by the name Joaquin, because there are instances where Joaquin is robbing a rancho near San Jose and on the same day was robbing a stage in Fresno coounty also while selling a herd of horses in San Bernadino.
It is also believed by some that he was not killed at all and into his 90's whille working as a ferrier in the small town of Huron, Ca.
There gave been many tales of Muriettas hidden treasures, but this onr intrigues me.

A wag of gold, which was stolen from the northern mines by the Mexican outlaw Joaquin Murrieta, was being driven along the clay hills east of the old stage station at Carrizo by members of his gang when it was ambushed by Indians. The gold and other items were stashed by the Indians in an old burial cave under the projecting rock of a ledge.

Just north of fresno Ca there is what is called table mtn,,its a low mesa created by erosion of softer soils from around an old lava flow. Murrieta and his gang would sit on the north end of this narrow north/south feature, and could watch both of the stage routes, the Wells Fargo on the west side and the Butterfield stage to the east.
Local legend has it that one cache was hidden on table mtn.
I know where its at, the above quote holds the key, in this line, " . The gold and other items were stashed by the Indians in an old burial cave under the projecting rock of a ledge."
So as the softer soils erode from underneath the lava cap, small caves are formed, and they were used by the local Indians used them as burial caves. There is a spot on table mtn where a whole ledge has been dropped sealing what was likely a cave, just like the many others along the same cliff face. On the top you can clearly see where blasting holes were hand drilled into an existing fissure and the whole ledge of rock was separated from the cliff and dropped about 4-5 feet down. This encompasses an area of about a couple thousand sq ft and the rock is about 25-30 feet thick. I'be heard the story of the stash all my life, and about 25 years ago some friends and I were "bouldering" on the many fallen slabs of rock.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks10

Continueing from the previous post,

When we found this curious blasted slab, we joked that it was where Murrieta hid some loot. Several years later I met a foreign Exchange student ago stayed with the family that owned the ranch where this mtn is, and their daughter told him that her father had been looking for the stash ever since he heard the story.

I had never heard about the Indian stash until today, but all the pieces fit together.
Unfortunately it would take a major minning operation to find our if it is there.

Now the second lost treasure is a famous one that everyone is looking for in the wrong place, by hundreds of miles. So here's the story as I know it. And as related to me by an aquaitance who is VERY into his family geneology. His family has been in this area since the 1840's and one branch settled in an area in the foothills east of fresno, south of the kings river. This area WWE not heavily prospected during the gold rush as it was thought to be too far south to be productive, but there were prospectors who dug in the canyons of the kings river drainage.
So in my friends records there is an account of a local prospector who had a claim on the north side of the kings canyon, that produced a lot of gold. He would occasionally come into "town" to get supplies and get some money for his gold. According to the story he stashed most of what he mined in his hidden mine. One day he was robbed while on his way to town, and told the locals that he was leaving the area because it had gotten dangerous, and left for Arizona's fledgling gold fields.
It's not such an interesting story until you find out this individual was a German immigrant, that was known only as the Deutscheman. And in the late 1860's the locals started to look for the " Lost Deutscheman" mine, and one person went to Arizona to find the Deutscheman, and the story spread. So all of those people looking for the 'Lost Dutchman mine, were looking a thousand miles in the wrong direction.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   
dont forget the Oak Island Money Pit

For hundreds of years, treasure hunters have ventured to Nova Scotia, Canada and tried to recover the treasure lies in the Money Pit, protected by a series of ingeneous traps. As treasure hunters have attempted to recover the bounty from the Money Pit, cleverly engineered flood tunnels flood the shaft with sea water. Strange man made artefacts have been recovered from the pit over the years, but to this day, the treasure still remains buried.

Story
edit on 4/5/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

top topics

join