It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stanton Friedman says "UFOs are not real!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jchristopher5

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
reply to post by draknoir2

Of course.

Stanton Friedman is very careful to talk about UFO's most of the time rather than saying visiting aliens, He says UFO but infers visiting aliens. That way he always has a backdoor if proved wrong on anything. He can just simply say i never mentioned aliens.

There will always be UFO's..anything to far away to identify is a UFO. So questions like "are UFO's real" is a total waste of time. The answer is "yes there will always be things in the sky that some people cant immediately identify".

People like UFO Stanton Friedman play on this grey area for a living.

edit on 2-4-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

I don't agree completely. I do understand that a plane making an approach COULD be a UFO to an untrained observer.

However, when hundreds witness a delta shaped object, a thousand meters wide, silently hovering, moving slowly and then accelerating away in an instant, that is a real UFO. Meaning, you would be challenged to find a known earthly explanation for that sighting. Take the Phoenix Lights case.

With my professional background it would not be a challenge to find an earthly explanation... and I have family and friends who are first hand witnesses to this very thing.

My point is that there is nothing in the term "UFO" that so much as implies nature, origin, or motivation.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

reply to post by Jaellma

It would be fun to have a sort of debate, Oberg/Dru vs. Friedman, ala Stanton and Klass of more then a decade ago.

I don't agree with a lot from Oberg or Dru. I have had disagreements with both of them on this forum. But I respect the viewpoint that people like myself cannot inconclusively prove that a non-human interaction and interference is taking place around us.

Some UFOs are part of that phenomenon, in my opinion. The mountain of evidence points to it. We have key testimony about the cover up. But, we cannot yet prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt, at least to suit most people.

I have been 100 percent convinced in this reality for a while. Like others, I struggle to convince those who don't want to believe.

To be 100percent convinced as you say you are requires no convincing of others, what for if you are convinced, your truth should be clear, convincing others to see as you do shows or implies you doubt your own perceptions.

Religions are created in such manner
edit on 3-4-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Jchristopher5

I just want everyone to know that I asked Stan if he would do this for my April Fool's Day website spoof. My entire website including the clip by Stan was all a spoof for the day. He was gracious enough to do this.

I also lampooned SETI and there were other silly articles on the site.

The clip with Stan was a one take, unscripted (and not brilliant or anything), but again, meant for fun.

Sincerely,

Martin Willis
Podcast UFO

edit on 3-4-2013 by PodcastUFO because: mistake in wording

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Martin, thank you. I appreciate your contributions.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

reply to post by Jaellma

It would be fun to have a sort of debate, Oberg/Dru vs. Friedman, ala Stanton and Klass of more then a decade ago.

I don't agree with a lot from Oberg or Dru. I have had disagreements with both of them on this forum. But I respect the viewpoint that people like myself cannot inconclusively prove that a non-human interaction and interference is taking place around us.

Some UFOs are part of that phenomenon, in my opinion. The mountain of evidence points to it. We have key testimony about the cover up. But, we cannot yet prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt, at least to suit most people.

I have been 100 percent convinced in this reality for a while. Like others, I struggle to convince those who don't want to believe.

To be 100percent convinced as you say you are requires no convincing of others, what for if you are convinced, your truth should be clear, convincing others to see as you do shows or implies you doubt your own perceptions.

Religions are created in such manner

I don't understand your post. I firmly believe in UFOs and alien visitation (non-human intelligence). I am convinced.

I share my feelings but I don't care what you believe. Use our own mind.

Regarding religion, that is ridiculous. I am on a journey to discovery but no worship or religion involved.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Jchristopher5

I don't understand your post. I firmly believe in UFOs and alien visitation (non-human intelligence). I am convinced. I share my feelings but I don't care what you believe. Use our own mind. Regarding religion, that is ridiculous. I am on a journey to discovery but no worship or religion involved.

Whats not to understand, did you not say that you struggle to convince others who don't want to believe?

Using your mind is great advice, so why are trying to convince those that wont believe if your beliefs are solid?

Others opinions or beliefs would mean squat to a person convinced, its when doubts are present, convincing of others solidifies your own beliefs because there is doubt inside you.

How is it ridiculous when Religion can be said is a journey one takes to discover God.

I just seen the convincing others that don't want to believe and thought

Its border line extreme ideology in my opinion, if one wants to or doesn't want to believe should be the individuals choice, convincing with words as our human past has shown leads to convincing with a sword.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Haha, at last! I personally agree, there are no real 'little green men' ufo's because theyre all military or natural phenomena. Dont you think amateur scientists & astronomers & i mean real amateur astronomers, not 'bob' in his back yard with a scope hoping to see ET, would have reported activity? No, because theyre not there to see. We are a spec in a vast expanse of space that would be hard to find even if ET was looking. Seriously, I was once a hardcore believer & have seen stuff but thinking about it, why would they visit us? Its another 'god' is real agruement to me. By the way, god isnt real either. Enjoy your paranoia & if Im wrong I will humbly apologise. Amen.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Threads like these are the reason stopped visiting ATS like 5 years ago. Just when I thought I could come back...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join