It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

dont worry, be happy?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
hi, i have apparently hit a wall, no matter what i think about, i cant or wont be happy, i remember when i have had all these ideas and plans, but for a while now i have been having a hard time even eating or drinking, no matter what i say to myself about tomorrow being a better day,,,
i have some energy in me but i have lost my will, and now i have no idea, about what would make me happy again.

i am sick of playing this game, no matter how you try to live your life you have to play this #### game...
layers upon layers of laws and politics, its like this whole system is a joke, and its on us.

nothing matters, this whole thing is nothing and we have to live like this.

i never asked to be born here, and i must go through this life, and if and when i feel happy again,
in the end, i have to die as a reward. score.

at the moment feeling like i am just waiting to die, it has to a better place, or nothing, that would also be nice.
maybe thats why people say its the "better place" it better be, after this ### hole.
no meaning, and no purpose.

wish i could destroy all the information in my brain because stupid and ignorant people seem more happier.

made me think about nirvanas dumb song------
i am not like them, but i can pretend, i think i am dumb or maybe just happy.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by solve

I understand your underlying frustrations!

Just remember though, freedom and happiness come at a cost!

There are those who control the world who have a hunger for wealth and power! As long as we are complacent in obeying their tyrannical rule, we have no one to blame but ourselves.........

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by solve

Im reminded of an old saying here...

Its not whether you win or lose... its how you play the game.

the only thing I can really say is this... don't focus on the things you can't change... try to focus on the things you can

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Exactamundo~ If you concentrate on the game itself it will swallow you whole~

If you look at the situation(s) of the game you can control, it tends to be less chaotic and takes some sort of form~

I most truelly understand your feelings, as I have crossed that bridge and then set charges to the pillars and ran like the wind!~

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

exactly and how many of us are ready to stand up? at gunpoint? not so many of us....
imagine how terrible all would get, before you or myself were to take real action to end tyranny and lies?
or would we even then?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

my problem is that every imaginable situation would be as sucky as this one, no matter if i were tarzan in the jungle or a filthy rich oil sheikh, i would be maybe happy in europe about 1100 years ago, maybe after ww3 when we start to rebuild, then i could pretend that i am building a better tomorrow. and not a stage for future horrors.
edit on 1-4-2013 by solve because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by solve
reply to post by Akragon

my problem is that every imaginable situation would be as sucky as this one, no matter if i were tarzan in the jungle or a filthy rich oil sheikh, i would be maybe happy in europe about 1100 years ago, maybe after ww3 when we start to rebuild, then i could pretend that i am building a better tomorrow. and not a stage for future horrors.
edit on 1-4-2013 by solve because: (no reason given)

You can build a better tomorrow by dealing with the issues you have today...

All fantasies aside... You've been given a hand... You either play the hand you were dealt, or fold and give up...

Giving up solves nothing... so play your hand my friend

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
i've been thinking similiar thoughts...

maybe terrace mckenna's timewave zero theory is upon us?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

how old people are here? i am 24 and everything keeps getting more pointless, i have heard people say that life doesnt get easier or more difficult, only different,,,

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by solve

30yrs old. From the Ages of 19-27 I was the ideal "Wild Child". It only get's harder or easier pending the hand you play with the cards you are dealt. The decision's only get harder as they will try your patience and integrity. Don't loose your cool and keep level headed.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

i have also wondered about the melting point, timewave zero, singularity,,
something is definetly on the way. or maybe its our "personal event horizon" and it is our own end that is getting nearer...

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by solve

One step at a time. What would make you happy?

I ask this because too many people picture their life a certain way and can't get there because they don't want to put in the real effort. Some want a home and family and enough money to pay for it all. Do you see how vague 'enough money' is? Money isn't magic. You have to earn it, and you have to earn a lot of it. How do you do this? By going to college or by putting in insane hours at a job, or working your a$$ off in construction. Most of all, you achieve your goals by saving money, and this takes a lot of time.

Admittedly, I have blown so much money on gambling because I have always wanted all of it now. Just ONE big hit and I'm golden! Well, I've been hunting for this one big hit for over thirty years (ever since I finished paying for child support and had no one and nothing holding me back). Guess what, that big hit it ain't happening.

The secret to happiness is: Learn, Earn, Save. There's no other way.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I have been walking a similar path for the last year. In a kind of limbo, going through the motions and wondering why. I have even considered not going through the motions anymore. I think of these time periods as 'dark nights of the soul'. I have been through many, and always there is light at the end of the tunnel, meaning, purpose and joy return. This time has been the longest and I am still trusting there will be light. Your not alone, and I feel you.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

i have also made poor money decisions, the little that i have managed to save has gone in the wind,
i am not good with money,,, i would like to start a family someday but i dont see it happening, my friend just had his firstborn and he is well educated but cant get a steady job, it doesnt look fun,, same for me, month work, two not, two months work, and then three not, i have thought of going back to school but i do terribly in them, and i couldnt afford it anyway, not now..

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

my dark-time periods seem to get harder and harder. not sure how this going to end,
just getting to the point when i want to pack my bags and just start to walk-- maybe south...

i read this travel journal, of man, who went around with his bicycle, and he told that he met a man just walking in the road with worn shoes and clothes,, he said, that he had been walking for years, trying to get his head straight about his life,, maybe that would work...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

The urge to check out is strong during these dark periods, and I hermit myself. I am not one to ask, since I too struggle. A walking man idea is romantic. Part of our problem is that we are romantics, the harshness of man to man offends us deep in our core. I am guessing that you are also a seeker, looking for reasons about why you are here and what is it all about.....I was told once that part of the task of a seeker, is to be in the world, but not of it. You can figure out what that means, as there are layers involved. Just as there is darkness, there is light. There is also grim determination, lol. There are blessings you are not seeing. The walking man relies on the universe for his needs, I know personally two people who do this. Changing circumstance only changes problems and homelessness has some really heavy ones, physical and in your face. What I do personally, and not always well, is just keep going. I call it faith, since I have no evidence I can point to that the darkness will pass except that it has in the past. To help with perspective I count blessings, and I start at the basics like air, I think of all the things I have that I take for granted. I have much much more to be grateful for, than not. As do you. Someone grubbing for their next meal, does not have angst. These are some of the things I think of during these times, not saying they help.lol

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

You said it so well, the foundation of the world we live in is bull#...lol.....hahaha,,,,,HAHAHAHA
Human race is sad really
Hope for a lottery win then you can escape the crazy monkies

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

we have it too easy.....
that doesnt mean that this kind of existence is easy..... you know?

still. true...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

maybe i should start playing the lottery......
a fun weekly disappointment...
then again maybe not...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by solve

Did not mean to imply easy. No one can give you purpose or meaning, those are things you must find for yourself. I can only empathize with how it feels. Sorry, I do know it feels bad.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join