Why do people love and want Big Government?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neoholographic

The American government went from representing the American people to taking care of the American people.

Politicians went from earning votes to buying votes.

And we let them.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

And we let them.

Yes, we did. The good thing? If we're willing to put forth the effort it's fixable. But we have to get up and do it.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by beezzer

And we let them.

Yes, we did. The good thing? If we're willing to put forth the effort it's fixable. But we have to get up and do it.

I'll do it later.

Gotta vote for the hawt blond on Idol.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You know what's really sad about that? It's only too damned true. I have a friend who's life is centered around Idol, and Survivor, or some of its derivatives...

That wouldn't be so bad, except he complains when streets aren't fixed because the money went to other things... I've asked him more than once if he ever goes to these planning committee meetings that discuss these things, and welcome public feedback? You can guess the answer, I'm sure...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by xedocodex

That's the thing, Humans cannot live in solitude, they need a leader or an entity. Without it, it will be anarchy.

I need government to keep stupid people around me from going crazy, killing me and taking whatever they feel like.

Its kinda like how some religious people think that without bible they is no moral, same illusion here, without the "big bad" government, what we will have is atrocities and vigilantes.

Exactly...we need government to keep stupid people in check.

It's the stupid people that don't seem to get this and hence don't see the need for government.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I'm glad you were able to grasp the sarcasm.

It's easy to say, "We've allowed it."

It's easy to say, "We can fix it."

It's hard to do. Politics have become human skeet shooting.

Become a new face even in local politics?

The old guard says, "Pull!"

And that new guy becomes a target.

We need brave people to step forward. We need real leaders. Again, it's easy to pontificate on a conspiracy site of the need, it's just hard to put in practice.

I plan on getting involved with local politics when I get back to the States. Trying to put my money where my mouth is. (Instead of my foot!
)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

As with all good sarcasm, there's all too much truth to it.

I'd forgotten you're overseas...travel safely when the time comes.

new topics
top topics

<< 1   >>

join

ATS Live Radio Presents - Bushcraft On Fire Radio ***On The AIR !!! ***
read more: Bushcraft On Fire Radio : 04/17/2014: Basic Packs, More on Police Encounters and PLANTS!!!!