It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration: "Kill U.S. Dollar"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23
reply to post by madmac5150

Brutally bad article. Possibly snippets were taken out of context? Anyone who believes this drivel doesn't know the first thing about economic systems. To reference $16 T in debt, as if that number is meaningful in and of itself (rather than as a % of GDP, for example), is pure nonsense. Were people panicking when the debt tripled or quadrupled during the Reagan admin? Or when the debt:GDP ratio was around 140% in the 1940's? (vs the 100-ish % it is now?

Add in the complete and total misunderstanding of the DHS ammo purchase, which has been a bunch of ballyhoo over nothing, and you have a recipe for a tasty article for the ignorant and the gullible.

I sometimes wonder if it isn't foreign forces at play trying to hurt our economy because we (the US) are absolutely trouncing the EU, with the next chapter in the economic war being the draining of Asia (which is obvious to those who understand what is actually going on, rather than the spoonfed "sky is falling" nonsense we've been hearing for so long. Sorry to offend in any way, but I hate to see the ignorance repeated over and over, because it only helps to spread the lie that the economy and the dollar are crashing which hurts our consumer confidence and growth, and tricks people into supporting policies that will actually harm us.

Although I disagree with absolutely everything you say, offended I am not. Discussion and debate are what ATS is for. When the bottom drops, I won't even say "told ya so"...

I really wish you were right...

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dogstar23

I won't lie i don't understand economics, even a little.
However our dept looks bad, our taxes are to high no one
wants to invest in us.

Our unemployment is stuck at over 7% if factor in people who
just quit looking is closer to 14% and I've heard 17%, but that
may just be a fox news thing.

Welfare participants has doubled, and the EU seems to be going bankrupt
left, and right.

I want to feel good, and you seem knowledgeable, but I'm scared for our future.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
"killing the american dollar" is actually not a terrible strategy. America can not raise enough money to pay back its debts through taxes and spending cuts alone. By depreciating the dollar you would increase exports, create jobs, and cause inflation. Inflation, though bad for some investments, is very good if your currently in debt (like most people in the US and the government itself). China has manipulated their Yuan for years to achieve domestic growth.

Killing the dollar is actually a good strategy to pay back debt and compete with China, while also increasing employment. If you have student loans or a fixed rate mortgage you want't higher interest rates. Now, if your on a fixed income or have cashed stashed away inflation is very very bad for you. If your young inflation is good as it increases wages above inflationary rates (in theory) if your old and looking to retire inflation can crush you if your not wisely invested (bonds are very very bad) Inflation also will cause the stock market to take a hit.

I suggest moving into TIPs, buying property, or investing in foreign currency like the Yuan. You can make a lot of money in a inflationary market. In essence you want to pay back a fixed dollar amount debt with cheaper money. Hyperinflation can collapse an economic system, as took place in many African countries and in Germany after WWI. I see no real indication of hyperinflation, the Fed has stated that they are seeking to lock inflation in at around 2% per annum. The Fed is smart, but nothing in economics is perfect. None the less, inflation between 2-10% wouldn't be terrible for 90% of people. This is of course on the assumption that wages keep place with inflation Historically there has been a year long lag between inflation and wage growth, but eventually, wages tend to out pace inflation. Since wage growth is stagnant, this would be good for our economy right now.

In essence, this strategy isn't evil or bad, it's actually text book monetary policy. Decreasing the dollar, coupled with spending cuts is probably the most effective way to reduce our debt while creating jobs and increasing wages. Some people will also advocate for tax increases. Personally I do not believe taxes are good for the economy, I'd rather kill the dollar.

Before this becomes political and deviates from objective analysis it should be known that killing the dollar and CUTTING spending is advocated by moderate conservative economists, as they see merit in creating jobs, paying down debt and increasing competition. Informed libertarians and more right wing conservatives would/should argue that a strong dollar is necessary and that everything else will sort itself out over the long run. Raising taxes, killing the dollar and INCREASING spending has merits on it's own and would be the liberal economic theory which is currently being employed by the Obama administration. As a point of disclosure, I agree in cutting spending and devaluing the dollar and not increasing taxes (moderate conservative economic theory) but see that the other approaches do have legitimate merits.

The big issue is that depreciating the dollar will jeopardize the US dollar's role as the worlds reserve currency. If the dollar is no longer the worlds reserve currency we would take a huge economic hit. If you think this will happen buy gold now, you could make a six fold return in 10 years. Keep in mind though that devaluing the dollar will not necessarily doom the dollar to no longer being the worlds reserve currency. The dollars only real competitor is the Yuan. Yesterday, Australia agreed to use the Yuan as a reserve currency in trade between countries. Thus indicating an eventual move to the Yuan, if other countries follow a global move to the Yuan may be unavoidable despite whatever the dollar does. The Euro was the dollars biggest threat but the recent collapse of European markets, will in the short term, ensure that the dollar remain the world reserve for at least the next 4 years.

Unlike the US (generally), China is full of graft, still has relatively closed markets, and it's rule of law is suspect at best. A reserve currency is all about security. Security has equally to do with trustworthiness and rule of law as it does to currency value. It comes down to will the world trust the Chinese system with it's money or the US? I personally still think that the US democratic open market system has more checks and balances and is therefore more secure despite the currency itself having less intrinsic value. It is hard to predict if the Yuan will eclipse the dollar and become the worlds reserve currency in the next 20 years, smart minds on both ends of the debate disagree.

Economics is all about trade offs. There is not one totally good or totally bad system, they all achieve different objectives. Killing the dollar comes with costs and benefits just like any other policy. I hope that this post is a brief and objective overview that allows everyone to reach their own conclusion.
edit on 1-4-2013 by IndianaJoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I'd have to say this is a mixed bag for blaming Obama on fundamentals. Obama may seek to ruin the dollar so he can be a part of rebuilding what follows it. That's quite possible and I've read reports similar to this, going back to 2009.

The mixed part is....did he ever have much chance anyway? He sure didn't need to add trillions upon trillions in NEW debt. Insult to injury wasn't necessary, IMO. However, it's a real valid question to ask here. Was the dollar and economy something that still could be saved in 2009? I'm really not sure. Obama's fiscal policy through Treasury and the Fed has been....misguided. At BEST. Still, all he did was accelerate the inevitable.

The economy was crashing under the debt Obama walked into when he took office. I just believe it may have held together another 5-10 years at the rate debt was building in 2008. At well north of 1 trillion in red per year now? Well, maybe another year. Two perhaps? I doubt it. Timing changed, not end result, IMO.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

The dollar will be killed; but not by Obama or his administration.

The currency lasts till the empire. The currency will go with the empire. It is actually very simple.

The global currency has always been the currency of the ruling empire. Currency is just a commodity, which is created out of thin air by the ruling empire. Currency is as perishable as any other goods.

Please do not spread ignorance. Obama is just a cog in the wheel; I would rather call him a puppet. The puppet-masters never reveal their identity.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I'm not sure about the voracity of the claim in the OP. It would be one way to eliminate the deficit, by changing currencies in a type of death and resurrection protocol, who knows it's possible.

I just really wanted to say from looking at your avatar that I'm not sure the cat with head-through-bread is pleased with being made a brunt of ridicule.. That's all.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Why people are so excited about the demise of the dollar?

Replacing dollar with a new currency does not eliminate US debt.

Anybody who suggests that is ignorant.

Leave aside the currency; even demise of US as a political entity will not eliminate US debt. That can happen only if
the lender writes off or forgives the debt.

So just enjoy the ride while you can. There is no way out.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:41 AM
link   
People do not understand that some key assumptions have gone wrong for the West.

West was not supposed to have these big trade/capital deficits.

West was supposed to be the intellectual capital; while the East was the factories region.

West was supposed to lead on the strength of inventive capacity and control on the capital.

Countries of Asia have called West's bluff; by creating independent, well-balanced economies, that are dependent on the West only in West's dreams.

Intelligent people are the ones who go by facts, not by emotions.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GargIndia

Just for the people who don't understand the different political theories, and economics 101, capitalism vs. communisim, ect. These last few posts are bull#.

They are globalist idiots that are saying that one world gov't, with communism is great.

The liberal/progressive monetary policies of the democrats and the republicans are what has caused the crash of the american economy.

One world gov't will make us all slaves with no chance of changing our lots.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
If things go down soon, how much time do you ATSers think me and my family have to get out of New York City? We have family Upstate, quite a few acres of rich mountain, well water, wildlife, firearms, entire motorcycle clubs for protection.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Capitalism vs communism is no longer the issue, I am afraid.

The West has lost a lot of its productive capacity; and war-making is greatly tied to the industrial capacity.

If war does occur as prophesied, The West will be able to count on only one Asian country - India.

India is the only country that can save the West.

However West's policies have not been much favorable to India so far. Things have only changed somewhat in the last few years.

I know the future - what will happen in the next few years. But I cannot tell that as such things are not put in public domain. I can only put logic forward. It is up to you to make up your mind.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Go ahead and kill the dollar. I ain't got none of 'em anyway.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
ah geez, such old news ... don't you folks realize that when the goalposts are moved, plan B goes into effect ??

why should Obama waste his energies on killing the dollar when he has the DHS to simply take it ? link - DHS sent memo to banks

at least the Cypriots got advance notice and continued withdrawls, whereas our financial future doesn't look so bright.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

It does come off as a bad joke. But then you step back and look at the billions of rounds of ammo the DHS has bought, the major gun grab push, the debt. It's looking more like a nightmare.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
How does the collapse of the dollar hurt the poor man that does not have any money. Just lives paycheck by paycheck?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
This does come across more as a April Fools prank. With the Euro experiment under tension and to think that the world is ready to expand this program for a single global currency is jumping the gun. Perhaps one day, but as the UN is in gridlock over a simple problem like Syria how could it possibly manage a global currency? Even at the IMF directions are divided and is why the BRICS have broken away to start their own bank. I cannot see the global consensus needed to effectively and responsibly undertake such a plan unless there is some type of coup to occur at the UN.

Yes, the United States is an economic superpower.

More Good News:

We gave the S&P and Moody everything they wanted to keep our AAA rating.

We increased In Come to about $2.7 Trillion for 2013.

Also, we have successfully reigned in spending with the Sequester.

Sequester = Spending will be flat for 2013

Ripple Effect: The U.S. Federal Budget Deficit is ........steadily decreasing

You can go see the number for yourself at www.usdebtclock.org

More Good News: The U.S. GDP is around $15.8 Trillion

USA - Economic Superpower

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by skorpius
How does the collapse of the dollar hurt the poor man that does not have any money. Just lives paycheck by paycheck?

Because people that are not accustomed not not having money will freak out and go 'Uber-Refugee' mode. Im starting to believe even tho we see it coming, it cant be stopped.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

THX THX for this.

Have been asserting this was the goal for years. It's just obvious.

Even taking the Biblical END TIMES outline and working back, one would have to conclude that this would HAVE to be their goal to arrive at the END GAME they seek.

UN AGENDA 21 depopulation scheme . . .

Engineered plague parts of that . . .

gun confiscation . . .

DEATH OF THE U.S. DOLLAR . . .

CHIP ID IMPLANT . . .

all fit toward an ultimate tyranny worse than the world has ever known.

It is brazenly obvious. They even haughtily flaunt their plans, goals, strategies now because they rightly believe that there is nothing that will stop them. They believe nothing can stop them. They are wrong about that.

Almighty God will bring them to a screeching halt at Armageddon. Their boss that dupes them knows that.

But his goal is to trash as many mortals as possible just as they are trashing the dollar enroute to their tyrannical destination.

As Rothschild said long ago--he didn't care what form of government a nation had as long as he controlled the money.

They have essentially been there under the table a long time. Now they are bringing their evil into broad daylight and in neon lights.

And still the Eloi sheeple silently shuffle down into the caverns of the Morlach's for dinner . . . as dinner.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by madmac5150
“We’re just going to kill the dollar.”

Who did you vote for?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonLover

It will be a short trip as going refugee . . . to the nearest death camp and death chambers.

Their plans are thoroughly laid and thoroughly prepared.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join