It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

April fools joke? Obama administration declares April "National Financial Capability Month"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
He's encouraging parents to teach children to handle their money responsibly in the month of April. Its right there on the Official White House website.

Presidential Proclamation -- National Financial Capability Month, 2013

All Americans deserve the chance to turn their hard work into a decent living for their families and a bright future for their children. Seizing that opportunity takes more than drive and initiative -- it also requires smart financial planning. During National Financial Capability Month, we recommit to empowering individuals and families with the knowledge and tools they need to get ahead in today's economy.

My Administration is dedicated to helping people make sound decisions in the marketplace. Last year, we partnered with businesses and community leaders to roll out new public and private commitments to increasing financial literacy. We released a new financial capability toolkit to help schools and employers as they launch their own initiatives. And with our College Scorecard and Financial Aid Shopping Sheet, we are working to give families clear, transparent information on college costs so they can make good choices when they invest in higher education. Together, we can prepare young people to tackle financial challenges -- from learning how to budget responsibly to saving for college, starting a business, or opening a retirement account.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, BARACK OBAMA, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim April 2013 as National Financial Capability Month. I call upon all Americans to observe this month with programs and activities to improve their understanding of financial principles and practices.

It doesn't get any more surreal than this; a president who hasn't had a budget passed since he's come into office is now encouraging the rest of us to learn how to manage our money responsibly.

If this is an April Fool's joke on the White House's part, it sure is a good one.

edit on 4/1/13 by FortAnthem because:
____________ extra DIV

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
So a population that obviously doesnt understand how money works, is going to teach their kids about money.

sounds legit

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Henry ford said it best:

It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.

Henry Ford

Brainy Quote

Maybe Obama is endorsing revolution by encouraging people to learn how our economic system works.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
this was release imho so that when they collapse the economy, theres noone to blame but the people. not the banks and crooked politicians the people. and yea, before he starts talking about budgeting money, maybe he should work on the country's money first

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Interesting. a president who sends his daughters on UBER expensive vacations every 3 months, has taken the whole economy and flushed it down the toilet, and for some reason is ALSO aiding "syrian" terrorists, who's creating tons of rumours of war between USA and NK. Who is losing respect from many countries and alliances are slowly disintregrating(much quicker than you might think).
Wants droned/dumb ingorant Americans to teach they're kids about handling money? o.O
Here's how i see it.
Here's kids this is your first credit card, go have fun shopping for useless stuff so you can drown in debt and become a debt slave for the rest of your lives

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Great, the stupid leading the blind.

Everyone will be taught how to run up credit card debt, apply for food stamps, and take out loans hey can't afford.
Hoozah.

What could possibly go wrong?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

My Administration is dedicated to helping people make sound decisions in the marketplace

Really?

Just forget about the Solyndra's, that 787 billion "stimulus" and every other irresponsible action the current administration has taken in the last 4 years.

the blind leading the blind is still blind.

Yeah april fools since he has played this country for fools during his reign of do as I say not as I do.
edit on 1-4-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

April May June July...it doesn't matter which month. Every month with this President, is a joke.....

Des

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Actually most people know how to handle their money pretty well and how to live on a budget.. That is because most of us do not have the luxury NOT to live on a budget or run this country without a budget. WE do not get unlimited bailouts, WE have to pay our bills or no longer get fancy white houses to live in or mansions on the water.

I live by a very strict budget and rarely is there anything leftover for anything more then what is definitely needed to live.

I have always had to budget because most of my life I haven't had much so yes Obummer I have plenty of budgeting skills.. I can have a look over the countries budget and give it a quick balance for you if you like.. Just remember if you set a budget you have to stay inside of it or there is no purpose in having one.. Probably the reason we dont have one.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dirtybird
this was release imho so that when they collapse the economy, theres noone to blame but the people. not the banks and crooked politicians the people. and yea, before he starts talking about budgeting money, maybe he should work on the country's money first

No, this is scraping the bottom of the barrel, for a scape goat...now, it's the children's fault we have a 16+ trillion dollar deficit

Des

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Quick! Somebody enroll the POTUS in this program.....STAT!!!
He has to be a complete and utter moron not to see the irony in this situation!

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I had to check and look real hard at that proclamation to make sure it wasn't posted on one of the spoofed White House sites. They do a really go job of making their site look like the official presidential website and I was afraid I was falling for another prank.

From what I can tell, this is on the up and up. You would think they would have people in the White House who would spot the irony of all this, especially considering its proximity to April Fool's Day. I guess those six figure salaries don't go as far as they used to. Then again, maybe the irony sensor guy was one of the cuts that came about as a result of the Sequester.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The man who has presided over a ginormous debt increase large enough to encompass all federal debts before him, COMBINED, is going to offer advice and teach kids, “how to budget responsibly"?

Obama hasn’t even submitted his OWN budget proposal for the next fiscal year, which is lawfully required and was due two months ago.

I would venture to say that this takes gullibility to a whole new level...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Then again, maybe the irony sensor guy was one of the cuts that came about as a result of the Sequester.

Wow this thread really does make for a good laugh. The truly sad part is that the majority of the population probably wont even see the irony... they'll just be like "oh that responsible Mr Obama is always looking out for us, what a smart guy he is".

Ahaha... this planet is eroding my mind away. Too much stupid, system error, abort, abort!!!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Our children need to understand currency, that's a fact, the currency they need to be learning with this POTUS is the Yuan. China will own us soon enough with Obuma running America.
Yuan closes near record high on dollar supply the story at: www.reuters.com...
edit on 2-4-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-4-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
If we've learned anything this last month, it's quite clear what Obama's plan is.

He want's you to put all your hard earned money into savings accounts, so that he can then Seize the money, like their doing in Europe.

He's got 4 more years and another 16 Trillion to spend, he needs all the cash he can grab.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikeyy

The obozo's aren't even trying anymore - they spew stupidity as most of us breathe air -
oh,wait - they're trying to tax that too.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Lmao... good joke... d.c cant even set / follow a budget .... ahh .. forgot its the annual shake down the peasants time ... big brother wants his allowance ... teach the peasants to budget so they can cough up the extortion money ...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

You know it is really sad when we can't figure out if this is a joke or not. But as Obama says, we don't have any financial problems in the US. So lets just throw a great big party and spend spend spend... Woot woot! But he really is correct ya know. We can just print some more money if we need it.
So what do you know, money really does grow on trees.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
"All Americans deserve the chance to turn their hard work into a decent living for their families and a bright future for their children"

and who is teaching our government or head bankers?

Are we to teach our children that you are supposed to run up a huge debt knowing you can never pay it back. Take out a loan to pay off the debt, take out yet another loan to pay off first debt, wait for 60 years then declare bankruptcy when I have no chance to pay anyone back ever?

Is that how we are supposed to teach our children? This guy is a f ing moron, I was taught to lead by example and if this country is an example of what we should be teaching our children financially

we're all $%^&ed

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join