It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, guns should be illegal. And...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
While reading the OP, I became increasing distressed over all the things that could kill me. Therefore, I am starting a petition to ban all lists/polls related to death, disease, injury, or any other unpleasantness.

Please join me.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
The purpose of Guns owned by U.S. Citizens is for Democratic Checks and Balances.

The Presidents is in Check by Congress
Congress in Check by Senate
Senate in Check by House of Representatives.
Senate & House in Check by the State Aldermans/Mayors/Districts
Districts/Counties in Check by the People.
The People keep things in Check by Voting and by owning Guns

The Purpose of Citizens owning Guns, is to keep in check the rest of the Government becoming a Dictatorship

That's the purpose, to keep the Gov in check from stepping out of bounds. The blood and DNA of America is based on citizens owning guns. It is why we are not owned by England and it is why Slavery was abolished and minorities are free.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Although skUB may be legal, that does not make it safe.

People who use skUB should have their Guns taken off them.

Here is an interesting documentary about the dangers of skUB-use and firearms..Link

edit on 2/4/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: “Never ruin an apology with an excuse.” ― Benjamin Franklin

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

People who use skUB should have their Guns taken off them.

Great.
Then half of law enforcement would have no weapons.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rockintitz

Lets just be done with all of this foolishness and simply make death illegal. Yes, I say we pass a law which prohibits death. Death by any cause would be a 1st class felony punishable by up to 20 years in jail mandatory with no parole. I would think that would put an end to this death problem. And, if we do have repeat offenders I say we give'm 50 years for their 2nd offense. That's right let them rot in jail if they want to die. That will fix them.

Hmmmm, now that I write this out I may have to rethink parts of my plan. I'll get back with you.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
This whole issue is one of fear. Like B. Franklin said, and I paraphrase here, anyone who would give up freedoms, liberties or rights for temporary safety, deserve none of those things. People who want gun control are afraid that something bad is going to happen because guns are legal. That fear either clouds their judgement, or they had no judgement from the beginning. Bad things, massacres and what have you, are going to occur no matter if guns are legal or not. There is no getting around this, because anyone who is willing to commit violent crimes with a gun is willing to commit them with something else, probably bombs being the next thing in line. And that will be worse than now, when the maniacs start switching from guns to bombs, which are easily made at home.

None of that even matters when talking about rights and freedoms. The 2nd amendment has a purpose that has nothing to do with any of the reasons people are using against it. The 2nd amendment is in place to ensure that we remain a democracy. It is the one and only tool of the people to oppose a tyrannical government who is hell-bent on taking away the rights of the people. It is that simply, yet so many people cannot grasp this. A child could understand this. As soon as the ability of the people to protect themselves against their government is taken away, individual rights will be a thing of the past.

Look at how far the government is willing to go while the people still have a means to defend themselves, and then think what they would be willing to do if this wasn't the case. People cannot pick and choose what they like about the Constitution, throwing out what they themselves do not like. If you do not like it, too bad, as it is not up to you. This country was founded on that document, so either abide by it, or get out of America. It is that simple. If you want the Constitution to be changed, you better start campaigning for politics, because lobbying politicians is not going to get anything done, unless you happen to have a whole lot of money and influence. The politicians do not listen to what the people want, or few of them do, unless they are up for re-election, or do not have powerful lobbyists breathing down their necks.

So if the Constitution is going to be changed, IT MUST BE DONE THE RIGHT WAY. The legal way. The president has no right to pick and choose what he likes and dislikes from the Constitution, nor does any other individual. And you think the "gun nuts" are bad? If they really were loose cannons, they would have attacked the government not that long ago, considering what our leaders have been doing that is not legal. We have every right as US citizens to oppose a government who does not abide by the law. Obama himself should have legally been arrested already for his gross overstepping of the Constitution. He cannot order the killing of American citizens, considering that this violates individual rights. No trial or anything.

And then dumb people want to say "but their terrorists." And I just shake my head. They're terrorists because the government says so right? It is ridiculous. And even if there were only going to be terrorists killed, it is still against the Constitution. There are no exceptions. Even if I wanted to see them executed via a drone strike, it does not matter, because the Constitution is bigger than any one person. How hard is that to understand, honestly?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

I missed 'ALCOHOL' in that list you compiled.
Good list though.
Good point.

Nothing should be illegal except infringement of one's life, liberty, property, and pursuit of happiness. Besides, we need alcohol to deal with everything else on the op's list.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Yes, guns should be illegal. And...,

The thread title is misleading.
Just saying.
Cheers, try to do better next time.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Not to mention we should also ban money as well? Majority of crimes, war, and violence is because of money.

Of-course, money won't get banned , but neither will guns. The gun manufacture and ammo lobbying industries will make sure of that and for the same reasons, MONEY.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Love this post fantastic work

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by rockintitz
Here are some statistics for you to consider:

Number of deaths for leading causes of death:
Heart disease: 597,689
Cancer: 574,743
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 138,080
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 129,476
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 120,859
Alzheimer's disease: 83,494
Diabetes: 69,071
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,476
Influenza and Pneumonia: 50,097
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 38,364

All homicides
Number of deaths: 16,259
Deaths per 100,000 population: 5.3
Firearm homicides
Number of deaths: 11,078
Deaths per 100,000 population: 3.6
Source: Deaths: Final Data for 2010, table 10, 11
www.cdc.gov...

So there you have it, folks. Firearm deaths account for .003% of the population.

Ok. I'm not going to dispute the fact that guns should be outlawed. Let's face it, humanity sucks. We will always try to harm one another, and a gun is the most efficient way to do just that.
So let's make buying or owning a gun illegal, since we are all humans, and as humans we are all .003% likely to kill another human with a firearm. It's that simple.

But the reason I am posting today is not because of guns. It's because of all these other dastardly causes of death in the US. So here is my outline of what we should do to eliminate ALL deaths, and we can all finally tell nature to screw off!

Heart Disease:
Having a heart in this day and age is obviously a big problem. I mean, 600,000 people die every year because they were born with a HEART! I propose we make owning a heart illegal immediately. There is no time to wait! Every day over 1500 people die at the hands of their heart!
Ok, so no more hearts, we all good with that? Let's all get our president to executive order the S--- out of that right away.

Cancer:
Well this one's easy. Let's just outlaw hot dogs, baby powder, bleach, GMO crops, diet cola, artificial sweeteners, air fresheners, shampoo, condensed soup, fried chicken, yogurt, baby food, cigarettes, and THE SUN.

Chronic lower respiratory disease:
I have no idea what that is, and I'm not much in a researching mood. So I'm just gonna plaster "The War On Chronic Lower Respiratory Disease" all over the MSM. It should be eliminated in about a week.

Stroke:
See Chronic Lower Respiratory Disease.

Accidents:
Well darn, it seems like you can regulate almost anything and still people manage to accidentally kill themselves. Um... well... lets eradicate carelessness?

Alzheimer's Disease:
I've been saying for a long time that the brain is the #1 killer. Well I was wrong, because its #6. But still, that's not good. SO NO MORE BRAINS! Duh...

Diabetes:
Sugar? Ok, that's tough, it's in almost everything. How about we make people go through a 6-week mandatory training, annually, so they can earn the freedom to eat sugar. If that's not enough, we'll impose ridiculous taxes so that buying a candy bar means taking out a second mortgage. And you'll also have to register that candy bar with the department of homeland security.

Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis:
See Chronic Lower Respiratory Disease

Influenza & Pneumonia:
Government grants to NyQuil!

Suicide:
Ok we're finally at the end. We are all now protected from everything that could ever possibly harm us. Except... ourselves. It's best just to stop thinking now. Can we make that illegal?

Well that's my say on how to make the world a better place. It's so simple! If we just eliminate every single object that could possibly do us harm, no one would have to die! Yeah AMERIKER!

Also, you have to agree with me, because independent thinking is now a federal offense.

Guns and diseases/accidents can not be compared. These are too different from each other.

Every example you made was about a person´s harm on himself/herself, either accidentally, living unhealthily or having uncontrollable genetics.

Not a single on of these examples is about harming someone else.

If a person dies because of his own stupidity, it is his fault. Although no one else should be able to die of someone else´s stupidity.

A person has the right to do whatever he/she wants to himself, but he/she should have no right of harming someone else.

The main problem with guns is, that overally the society makes them look cool, which they are not. Due to all the violence in TV and computer games, too many kids believe guns to be cool. The educational system tries to "protect" them from the hirrobile things and so wars are dealt later on, although by that time too many beliefs are already unshakeable. People should be taught when they are younger, before all the exposure to media, that guns are bad really uncool things and should only be used in extreme situations due to all the harm that they could do.
edit on 3-4-2013 by Cabin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

People should be taught when they are younger, before all the exposure to media, that guns are bad really uncool things and should only be used in extreme situations due to all the harm that they could do.

I agree.

I also did not completely read or understand the OP.

Thank you for pasting it here in it's entirety.

I think they should make kids more aware that SKUB is also not "cool".

Especially when combined with Guns.

Tfw.

edit on 3/4/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: Unicorns?

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012

Good list though.
Good point.

Nothing should be illegal except infringement of one's life, liberty, property, and pursuit of happiness. Besides, we need alcohol to deal with everything else on the op's list.

As a libertarian, I agree with you.

My point is that these nanny staters want to ban guns, salty and greasy food..... but alcohol, a real killer, never gets mentioned by them!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012

Good list though.
Good point.

As a libertarian, I agree with you.

My point is that these nanny staters want to ban guns, salty and greasy food..... but alcohol, a real killer, never gets mentioned by them!

As a libertarian I agree with your agreement.

But how can we ban something as lucrative as alcohol?

We may as well ban Alcoholics.

Not fair, as they have no free will.

Look at how many problems society has had since they banned Heroin, etc...

When you turn a lifestyle or an addiction into a crime,

you only create more criminals.

Why on earth do you think that SKUB is still legal in over 57 states?

I blame the government.

edit on 3/4/2013 by Theflyingweldsman because: Unicorns?

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Theflyingweldsman

You may push me to become anarchist....

It is a fine line between libertarianism and anarchy.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

True, but at least as a libertarian you can still blame "the government", or "society".

As an Anarchist, you have no-one to blame but yourself.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
If you want to ban guns we should also ban modern medicine. It should be survival of the fittest as we are becoming more disgusting beings. When you get cancer or heart disease that just means you weren't designed to live that long and you should probably just die. Animals in the wild are not given medicine to keep them alive when something goes wrong and that's why they do fine without human intervention. We have retarded kids walking our streets meanwhile in the wild they would not survive a day. We are populating our world with terrible traits and treating them with medicine which either further weakens us or passes on our terrible genes leaving no chance for evolution. Congratulations to the human race (specifically the US) for the lab medicines and this OP for lack of logics.
edit on 3-4-2013 by Blunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

thankyou. I have been saying how ridiculous we have all been for years! I agree that we have a hell of a lot more to worry about then guns! Even way more to worry about then even those things you have listed! We have a world on the brink of disaster. I will not list the multitude of ways we are playing Russian roulette! We just have to
look at the independent media! For one way is we are on the verge of nuclear destruction between building power plants and thinking of bigger better ways to launch WMDs. Is it just a matter of time before we cause our own destruction whether accidentally or intentionally? then we have pollution, genetic engineering and other hundred ways we can destroy ourselves! Don't we have enough risk living in the natural world without creating other ways to devastate ourselves? Only fools risk their lives without any real benefit to humanity!

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ttobban

Hey, quit using my avatar, get your own

Regarding the op, I say we go in order of causality. After you succeed in banning everything else, we can talk about guns.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Cabin

They absolutely can be compared. I just did. What kills more people?
I laid the stats out for you.

Guns are insignificant in the total deaths per year. That's a fact right?

So why don't I see more in the MSM about heart disease and cancer?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join