It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thor's hammer found....happy April fool's day....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I know this is complete crapola...but it sure did make my imagination run wild for a few.....

take a look at this and lets come back and talk ancient mythological weaponry...a super favorite topic of mine...

Thor's hammer found?

I so wish the weapons of mythology were real....I have a ton of them I would love to lay my hands on...

Sure...Mjolnir...(mah-hall-nay to the stupid) is awesome...but Odn's Gungnir/....how about the Sword of Aries....what about Neptune's (Poseidon's) trident?....

The sword of Aries is supposedly buried with Atilla the Hun....supposedly they damned a creek/river...buried him and then broke the damn....so the Sword of Aries is sealed underwater....

what a wonderful story....is it real?....is it out there?....can we find it and change the world?....wonderful and magnificent thoughts....
edit on 4/1/2013 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Oh c'mon....I know even the most logical minds must have fantasies about the ancient weapons of lore....tell us your fantasies...which do you think are the most awesome....

For me...Thor's hammer rates right up there....but Gjallerhorn is another....how about Gungnir?....Where did the idea of Zeus's thunderbolt come from? How about the mace of the Myth wars?....or....Excaliber?....I think behind all legend lies a fragment of truth....so.....what is the truth?....are super weapons a total myth...or is their truth behind them?....

your thoughts please....

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Bah...moved to jokes and puns....but I tell you this now....our forefathers saw no jokes or puns here....make them move this back to mainstream....if you think we know all there is to know about our forefathers...you are a moron and should have no power in this world..."you" are the insane one...not our ancestors....

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I think theres truth behind them... why not. A specially crafted weapon used by a specially skilled warrior... since a warrior is just a man, the man eventually dies... the weapon survives him. And no one else can wield it like the previous warrior... well MUST have been the weapon! A legend is born!

Makes sense... why not?

Excalibur tho... may have been reforged. Because in that specific case its not the sword itself that matters but the soul imbued in the metal... it can be whatever you want to be, excalibur can be a walking stick... it will still be excalibur.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
you might find this intresting...

The phallus of Osiris in Hollywood?

link

Is it possible that the “phallus of Osiris”, the Egyptian Lord of the Underworld, is located under a hill in Hollywood?
As outlandish as it may seem, truth might be stranger than any film producer could imagine!

(no april fools)

new topics

top topics

join