It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Adventures 2013 claim proof of poltergiest at Goldfield Hotel (video): let's debunk/discuss

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Hi, everyone -
Yes, it's one of my favorite guilty pleasures... Ghost Adventures. In an episode that aired last week, the GA crew returned to the Goldfield Hotel. This time they claimed to have caught fairly conclusive proof of poltergeist activity. A rock was allegedly picked up and thrown with force at Zac (lead GA investigator), and it was caught on camera. They took their video to two "experts" - one a physicist and one a special effects tech - to debunk. Those expert opinions are offered, along with the video of the flying rock, in this video:

It's hard for me to accept much of what I see on reality television shows, which are almost never "reality." I don't believe that GA is necessarily dishonest, but I don't have any solid reason to trust their findings either.

What are your thoughts on this video? Do you believe it was faked? If so, how? Do you believe it is a real paranormal event?

My opinion: I couldn't even see the rock until it bounced off of Zac's foot. I am not sure what to think. I have to wonder if CG was ruled out also. Taken at face value, it is probably the most compelling evidence I've ever seen from the show... but I take anything from a reality show with a massive grain of salt. I'm giving it a 50% chance of being real. (Nice, totally made up number there.) If it is really a poltergeist, I'm not convinced it is caused by ghosts as the GA crew seem to believe. It might be caused by the "victim", Zac (unknowingly) using telekinetic energy. They caught some interesting EVPs at the location, and this is the same location of the famous "brick throwing" incident caught on camera a year or two ago. So GA is claiming a history of documented poltergeist activity here.

For those of you (like my husband) who can't stand Ghost Adventures but enjoy beer, allow me to make this offering. My husband finds watching the show much more entertaining when I get him a six pack and he plays the GA drinking game. There are a lot of variations on this, but these are the rules I came up with. (I don't drink, but that's OK because I find the show entertaining enough to watch while working out on the treadmill while shouting out "DRINK!" to the hubs whenever one of the following rules are hit...)

(1) Drink whenever they say "dude" or "bro" (this alone leads to a lot of consumption)

(2) Drink whenever Aaron makes the "whoa, dude!" face. (if you've seen the show, you know the face)

(3) Double drink anytime someone become possessed.

(4) Drink whenever an EVP is captured

(5) Double drink anytime Zac misuses the word "debunk"

(6) Drink whenever they claim to get the chills, double drink if they are showing each other their goose bumps.

There are a few more rules that we mix and match, depending on the show or mood.

Disclaimer : I don't recommend anyone play the above drinking game.
This is for novelty purposes only.

I'm looking forward to hearing what you all think about the video. I may not be able to respond to posts here for a week or two as I have to go in for surgery tomorrow. So many many thanks in advance for watching the video and sharing your opinions.

edit on 1-4-2013 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Probably the most interesting thing to come out of any of the ghost related reality shows.

Looks good, i wonder if they could work out where it came from before it hit his shoe?

As for your game, ive played a similar version with "ancient aliens" series, when the annoying narrator "ancient alien theorists"

edit on 1-4-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Not sure if it's real or not, but two observations. 1. his stance seems a bit odd - that foot appears to be farther in front of him that the other. Weird stance for sure. 2. the flashlight just happens to be focused down on that particular foot? Hmmm? Oh maybe a third observation - the spot he is standing is odd. A small corner within the hallway. Not a typical condition but understandable from a design consideration. However he just happens to be at that particular point in the hallway and very close to the wall when this happens? He's also practically touching it rather than standing in the center of a somewhat narrow hall. This doesn't seem normal.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I don't believe GA fakes anything. I think they might interpret some of the evps's wrong, but I believe they are honest. There have been many episodes where nothing at all happened, and no evidence of paranormal activity was captured.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

edit on 1-4-2013 by scotsdavy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I like Ghost Adventures. They seem to be a little more genuine than the others out there even though lately they have been growing larger and more corporate.

Anyway, after saying all that, about the only thing Zac has ever caught was a cold.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
OP,
First the beer Ghost Adventures game sounds good I may have to try it.
I think it's like the boy cried wolf, they have so much over the top drama that when something may happen, it's like oh hmm was this real?

If you look at their latest episodes it seems they are doing everything the can to pursued the audience what they came across is genuine and that ghosts and the afterlife do exist which makes me think they are running out of options to keep the series going. Just look back and you will find Zack saying like now if this doesn't make you a believer then bla bla.

My favorite show right now is the dead files, I really don't know what to think of Amy Allen, but the way the show is done, it keeps me interested.

For the rock, if it would have smacked zack in the sack I would have laughed so hard it would have become my favorite youtube vid! yea I say 50/50 an not earth shattering either.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I watched this episode and noticed something, I believe they even claimed it as evidence of the paranormal(?).. can't remember. Lol

Im talking about the plant they claimed had moved on its own, this was in the room with the teddy bear. you can clearly tell the branch was blown on from the person crouched next to it, the hair on the teddy bear gives it away. It blew my mind that they presented this when it was so obvious that someone (pointing finger at Zac baggins) blew on it.

Apart from that,... great episode.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   
that was funny, havnt seen this one. The show isnt that bad, funny to watch.
One of the most annoying things about these ghost shows are the damn
MUSIC EFFECTS! my god, why cant they just leave it with just normal audio, its like they're trying
to hide something.

THIS IS WhAT RUINS PARANORMAL - MUSIC OR SOUND EFFECTS !

Great point Bilk22, didnt catch that. Thats why lot of TV SHOWS tend to lie somewhat, to attract its
customers .
edit on 2-4-2013 by aerial because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Having never seen this programme the posters drinking game is very funny, this clip looks a bit odd. I do get TAPS on my tv, who are polite de-bunkers, the best episode was when the cameraman behind the group was knocked flat-this gave me shivers.

posted on Apr, 16 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I've seen the goldfield hotel vids. For those of you interested, there are a few other vids by ghost adventures. I'll give a few links, if I can figure this thing out:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mysteryskeptic

I agree. The real shame is that if they have (or ever do) found (or find) legitimate evidence of paranormal activity, it wouldn't be widely believed. Whoa... that was a poorly written sentence. My point is, "the boy that cried wolf" is a good way to describe the situation with not just GA but most ghost hunting reality shows.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
No opinion on the authenticity of the phenomenon, but I get a real kick out of the "debunkers" and how impossible their requirements are for anything to be proven authentic. Not very scientific, unless what you think scientific means is unless it can be repeatedly and consistently produced in a laboratory environment, it can't be verified as existent. Hell, if that was true, then thunderstorms could never be proven to actually exist. Just mass hysteria.

Some people are just stuffed to the seams with themselves.
edit on 4/18/2013 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

top topics

join