It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the GOP be Saved?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Actions will always speak louder than words. I see republicans change thier stance on issues like gay marriage and immigration to pander to voters. Thier past actions will have spoken louder than the face they are painting on. The GOP has spoken against those things for far too long for anyone to think they changed thier views overnight. Maybe some in the GOP honestly have but the party as a whole? I don't think so. Maybe changing some of the more radical views. Deregulation Look at what happened WITH regulations. Trying to put peoples social security in the stock market.That is not even common sense. Corporations as people.Constantly insulting obama for problems they themselves caused . I could go on and on. Honestly I don't think either party looks out for the peoples best interests. They both look out for the corporations who sponser them.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Why would you want to save one of the top divisive factors in American society?
People should be voted into public office for thier intent and thier ideas, being that there are sooooo many differing ideas in our society how does lumping them into a left/right ideology do them justice?

You want to save something? Get rid of this divisive propaganda altogether and save your country!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Can the GOP be Saved?

No.

There are now so many illegals in the USA, that the weight of their numbers (and their family) on the polls are such that any party that dares say anything other than "welcome", is doomed to lose an election.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

When Presidential elections have to be decided by the Supreme Court, it's a pretty good indicator of a divided nation. You guys have missed the real issue with the GOP, which is their core constituents.

Evangelical Christians, 2nd Amendment people, and a solid core of Bigots are the heart and soul of today's Republican Party. Any other Republican is all back of the bus.

Evangelicals are against Gay Marriage and dead set against abortion. No compromise...
2nd Amendment people sold their souls to the NRA. No compromise on gun rights.
The bigots will fight an immigration bill to their last breath and still think women should be seen and not heard...again, no compromise.

Politics are all about compromise. We have a divided country because the core values of the core groups of the Republican Party can not compromise their principles. I respect that, but look at the consequences. This means the party is doomed, as this country is no longer comprised of old white guys and 50% of this country are women who are just beginning to take notice of ridiculous Republican positions concerning women's issues. And that's it in a nutshell.

There is no way to save the GOP. You guys might as well call them the George Wallace Party, because in a few years they will be reduced in power to just the deep south, as they sink into irrelevance in national elections.

I respect the Republican Party's right to commit suicide.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Politicians will change to achieve there agenda when ever they need to, this is what politicians do to survive, most don't care about there constituents anymore.

The problem with what people think the GOP needs to do to get votes will also loose them votes. The idea of becoming a better republican by becoming a latent democrate will ruin the GOP and possiably create a third party. At this point the Dem's will be in charge for a long time.

The GOP needs someone that can talk the talk, walking the walk does not seem to be important any more. Then you have the intitlement base that the dem's have created, how will you get there votes without giving them free stuff? At this point you have become a progressive Democrat and you have lost all your conservitive base.

edit on 3-4-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Just my 2 cents...

The current GOP is seen as anti-gay, anti-science, pro-rich, anti-poor and racist, among other things. For the GOP to find its footing again these things need to be addressed too.

That's all I've got

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by acuna

anti-poor

I have to admit....

I am anti-poor.
I don't think anyone should be poor.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Nice