It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas DA Killed in His Home; Had Armed Himself

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Texas DA Killed in His Home; Had Armed Himself

www.kolotv.com

KAUFMAN, Texas (AP) - Kaufman County's sheriff confirms that the district attorney and his wife were shot and killed.

Sheriff David Byrnes told reporters Sunday that authorities found Mike McLelland and his wife shot at their home Saturday night.

Authorities have given no motive for the attack in their home just outside the town of Forney, about 20 miles from Dallas.

Kaufman County District Attorney Mike McLelland took no chances after one of his assistant prosecutors was assassinated two months ago. McLelland said he carried a gun everywhere he went and took extra care when answerin
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Well.. I had to 'dig' to find this artticle and thought it would be front page new on ATS or heck even MSNBC...NOPE.. I heard it on a radio station coming home from work..

Google came up with 1 story, which is the only one I've found, MSM blackout anyone ?

I heard on the radio the front door was kicked in and shell casing were all over, to me, whoever it was, wanted to make a statement ..

www.kolotv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I've been following this pretty closely. I hope Texas gets every last one that had anything to do with this. Even the hangers on that helped think it up need to see some Texas hospitality in the institutional form over this one. If it's who they SAY it is for who did it? That just opens a new can of worms if the overall organization hasn't stepped back off the guy who did the killing. It could signal more to come.

As far as arming himself... That has been an interesting side note. I wonder how much he trained with it? I hope he wasn't one of these people who get the permit and carry holster to go meet the world with a completely false sense of security after "training" at the range a very serious 2-3 times a year.

I think being armed guarantees nothing for outcome. It simply gives a person a chance in a life or death struggle. Without it, there is often 0 chance. What someone makes of the slim chance they get is up to them. He apparently ....didn't see it work out.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
posting the whole article before it goes bye bye..

KAUFMAN, Texas (AP) - Kaufman County's sheriff confirms that the district attorney and his wife were shot and killed.

Sheriff David Byrnes told reporters Sunday that authorities found Mike McLelland and his wife shot at their home Saturday night.

Authorities have given no motive for the attack in their home just outside the town of Forney, about 20 miles from Dallas.

Kaufman County District Attorney Mike McLelland took no chances after one of his assistant prosecutors was assassinated two months ago. McLelland said he carried a gun everywhere he went and took extra care when answering the door at his home.

"I'm ahead of everybody else because, basically, I'm a soldier," the 23-year Army veteran boasted in an interview less than two weeks ago.

On Saturday, he and his wife were found dead in their home just outside the town of Forney, about 20 miles from Dallas, killed in an attack for which authorities have given no motive.

"Everybody's a little on edge and a little shocked," Forney Mayor Darren Rozell said. "It appears this was not a random act."

The killings came less than two weeks after Colorado's prison chief was gunned down at his front door by a white-supremacist ex-convict, and two months after Kaufman County Assistant District Attorney Mark Hasse was shot to death in a parking lot a block from his office Jan. 31. No arrests have been made in Hasse's slaying.

Kaufman Police Chief Chris Aulbaugh told The Dallas Morning News that the McLellands had been shot. As for whether their deaths were related to Hasse's slaying, the police chief said: "Until we know what happened, I really can't confirm that it's related, but you always have to assume until it's proven otherwise."

McLelland himself, in an Associated Press interview, raised the possibility that Hasse was gunned down by a white supremacist gang. McLelland, elected DA in 2010, said that Hasse hadn't prosecuted any cases against white supremacists but that his office had handled several, and those gangs had a strong presence in the area.

"We put some real dents in the Aryan Brotherhood around here in the past year," McLelland said after Colorado's corrections director, Tom Clements, was shot to death March 19 when he answered the doorbell.

Aulbaugh said recently the FBI was checking to see if Hasse's killing could be related to Clements'. Evan Spencer Ebel, a former Colorado inmate and white supremacist who authorities believe killed Clements, died in a March 21 shootout with Texas deputies about 100 miles from Kaufman.

McLelland, 63, said after Hasse's slaying that he carried a gun everywhere he went, even to walk his dog. He figured that was where assassins were more likely to try to get him. He said he had warned all his employees to be constantly on the alert.

"The people in my line of work are going to have to get better at it," he said of the danger, "because they're going to need it more in the future."

The number of attacks on prosecutors, judges and senior law enforcement officers in the U.S. has spiked in the past three years, according to Glenn McGovern, an investigator with the Santa Clara County, Calif., District Attorney's Office who tracks such cases.

But they're still rare. McLelland is the 13th prosecutor in the U.S. that the National Association of District Attorneys has recorded killed since the organization began keeping track in the 1960s.

For about a month after Hasse's slaying, sheriff's deputies were parked in the district attorney's driveway, said Sam Rosander, a McLelland neighbor.

The FBI and the Texas Rangers joined the investigation into the McLellands' deaths.

McLelland and his wife, Cynthia, were the parents of two daughters and three sons. One son is a police officer in Dallas. The couple had moved into the home a few years ago, Rozell said.

"Real friendly, became part of our community quickly," Rozell said. "They were a really pleasant happy couple."

Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I've been following this pretty closely. I hope Texas gets every last one that had anything to do with this. Even the hangers on that helped think it up need to see some Texas hospitality in the institutional form over this one. If it's who they SAY it is for who did it? That just opens a new can of worms if the overall organization hasn't stepped back off the guy who did the killing. It could signal more to come.

As far as arming himself... That has been an interesting side note. I wonder how much he trained with it? I hope he wasn't one of these people who get the permit and carry holster to go meet the world with a completely false sense of security after "training" at the range a very serious 2-3 times a year.

I think being armed guarantees nothing for outcome. It simply gives a person a chance in a life or death struggle. Without it, there is often 0 chance. What someone makes of the slim chance they get is up to them. He apparently ....didn't see it work out.

The article didn't mention what type of shell casing they were and if the front door was kicked in, they could have simply used a silencer on a semi-auto or even auto for that matter; no hand gun is going to stop a 30 round clip on semi-auto and surely if it was an auto..it would be nice to know how many casing there were and what type.

Intresting to note.. Authorities 'think' it was a white supremacist group .. and in another Breaking New posted by another member here says a WSG was also culprit .. I'd like to know exactly how they know it's it such a group.. and why are they even suggesting such if they have no hard evidence.. maybe they're sending a message ..

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Your article doesn't specifically mention it but the last killing this is quite likely linked back to came following the Aryan Nations essentially declaring war on Texas law enforcement. Now they did the same thing along with Hells Angels for California Law Enforcement in 2011 and nothing really came of it. They make these empty threats regularly enough to be blown off, I think. Until actual officials in the criminal justice system start being executed in their homes. That tends to give some weight to previous statements of warning that this is precisely what was about to start happening.

It looks like this threat may have been completely real and very serious for planned intent. I HOPE I'm wrong and they are totally unconnected. Maybe a shoplifter on a bad charge got pissed off and decided it was a good day to snap like a dry twig to end his own life. After all, Texas will never EVER stop looking. Things like this have happened before ...and killing Cops, Judges or Prosecutors means one thing. The Earth is nowhere near large enough to run far enough. They'll get who did it. If it takes all of Texas Law Enforcement...they'll get who did it.

edit on 1-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

AGREE!!!!!

There was a (J.P. justice of the Peace) call him judge, whose home was sprayed with bullets one night last year in Harlingen, Texas. Really pissed him off and he was super mad about being in his home with his young daughter; momma had gone to the store, thank God.

Anyway, because he is marked by someone or some organization he now wears a side arm at all times even when in his own house; under his robe in court or visible in his office. Sounds paranoid but when your door is kicked in and you are a target that is no time to call for "King's X" while you go retrieve your weapon; be it baseball bat, hammer or firearm. I never wanted to be a LEO or Judge and deal with some of humanities finest; glad my life's path went down a different road.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Very interesting information here. I'll have to see what else pops up on this thread later.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
You average Joe, doesn't just whack a DA and his wife. This sounds like it might be pretty deep.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
If the MSM have tried to hide this, that would suggest that the Illuminati are behind it...

Illuminati are behind ALL gangs.

In fact the Illuminati is nothing more than a gang of Satanists and mass murderers themselves.

The Bloods and the Crips were even on the CIA payroll: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I suspect that the Aryan "Brotherhood" are no exception.

I read that Aryans have opposed Zionism but they appear to have the SAME agenda.

edit on 1-4-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
It's all over msm. Prosecutors possibly being targeted. Discussions about whether they have enough protection.

Being armed guarantees nothing when your intruder is also armed. Depends on situation, training, who's a faster draw, etc.

Sad situation.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
It's all over msm. Prosecutors possibly being targeted. Discussions about whether they have enough protection.

Being armed guarantees nothing when your intruder is also armed. Depends on situation, training, who's a faster draw, etc.

Sad situation.

I heard about this on the radio this morning.

Even though they say he was armed, he probably wasn't prepared for someone to kick in the door and start shooting.

I think they said the couple has 5 children.

Terrible and sad.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
And so it begins...........
2nd

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Even though armed there are a few things that could have caused things to end the way they did.

After reading the thread I sort of wonder if the intruders did not enter silently or more so than kicking in the door and kick in the door after the fact to make it look like that sort of entry. Just because you see a most likely entry point does not mean that all entered that way or that it was the real entry point. Of course that is a bit of a conspiracy frame of mind to have.

It would also depend on how deep a sleeper they both were. I know people that could sleep through just about anything while others wake at the drop of a pin.

Of course it was just as likely that he was not training with his weapon and only got security from knowing it is there and not on his ability to use it. He might have even been the type to hope that the weapon would just scare away who ever was a threat because he did not want to kill someone.

Really it is all speculation as none of us know his frame of mind at the time or the real events that took place. We do not always react to events for the ways we plan either.

I am interested though in the number of shell casing, what type of casings, the point of entry and more. This case seems pretty interesting and points to either paid hits or well planned hits. There are a lot of questions that come to mind from this.

Raist

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

new topics

top topics

join