It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

28 Arrested In Weekend Mag Mile Mob Violence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Ahhhhh its spring,and soon to be summer.
A time for cookouts,walks in the park,taking your kids out to play and oh ya MOBS OF "TEENS" attempting to bash your head in.

28 Arrested In Weekend Mag Mile Mob Violence

Source: www.nbcchicago.com...

(NBCChicago.com)-“You have over three to four hundred teenagers with mob action, jumping on individuals that are downtown,” community activist Andrew Holmes said. “Multiple people have been arrested and I caution those parents that get this call about your child being arrested--maybe you need to check your child.”

www.nbcchicago.com...

Video in above link ^^

To go along with this heres from Monday, Feb 25, 2013

2 Injured, Dozens Arrested at Chicago's Ford City Mall

(NBCChocago.com)-Officials estimate more than 1,000 youths were at the mall, located at 7601 S. Cicero Ave., for the appearance of teen music group Mindless Behavior when a group of 30 teens began fighting.

www.nbcchicago.com...

Video in above link^^

This happened In Milwaukee,WI.
Published on Aug 5, 2011

&

Im gonna say what the "news" wont.
These are african american teens commiting these acts.
Its apparently taboo to admit it.
As it continues to get warmer,this WILL only get worse.

And its not because these teens are black,that makes them do this,its a lack of parenting,a society that has alowed this type of action to fester and its a thug culture.
Race isnt the cause,but it is people of that race that is doing all the damage.

So next time you take little jimmy to a fair,the beach or what have you,consider these events.
And stay safe

edit on 1-4-2013 by Black_Fox because: to add

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
If it was 400 white teens, would the news mention it?

Im not so sure.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

If it was 400 whites attacking blacks you bet your ass they would mention it. And it would be a hate crime.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Im not so sure.

Are you kidding? If 400 white teens went postal and so much as ONE Black citizen, minding their own business was so much as knocked over ...It'd blast headlines for days, if not weeks. Race is EVERYTHING and defines EVERYTHING.

It wasn't but a couple years ago they had a string of these mini-mob beatings of what happened to be black youths..who happened to be yelling racial slurs while beating people down and chasing them right into locked cars in some cases. The news? Uncertain about racial motive.

I'm right up front saying people like the two white animals in Jasper, Texas deserve to die hard, a hundred times over. Life saving measures should even be used on ones like that to bring them BACK ...just to kill their sorry butt a second time. I'm not even kidding.

Meanwhile, I've literally heard and read people in media saying there CANNOT be Black on White racism. It's not technically possible.
Ignorance is an epidemic these days and the punks on the street are laughing hysterically while they run wild and take full advantage of it. Blacks in some places ...Whites in others... and more in yet other locations. All just punks in need of a prison cell, whatever the color. (Prison or an armed citizen willing to do the job on the spot)
edit on 1-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

I'm with you on this Black_Fox!

Something should be done about these African American teens!

All teens!

And parents should pay the price for their children's behaviors!

To the fullest extent!!

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Im not so sure.

Are you kidding? If 400 white teens went postal and so much as ONE Black citizen, minding their own business was so much as knocked over ...It'd blast headlines for days, if not weeks. Race is EVERYTHING and defines EVERYTHING.

It wasn't but a couple years ago they had a string of these mini-mob beatings of what happened to be black youths..who happened to be yelling racial slurs while beating people down and chasing them right into locked cars in some cases. The news? Uncertain about racial motive.

I'm right up front saying people like the two white animals in Jasper, Texas deserve to die hard, a hundred times over. Life saving measures should even be used on ones like that to bring them BACK ...just to kill their sorry butt a second time. I'm not even kidding.

Meanwhile, I've literally heard and read people in media saying there CANNOT be Black on White racism. It's not technically possible.
Ignorance is an epidemic these days and the punks on the street are laughing hysterically while they run wild and take full advantage of it. Blacks in some places ...Whites in others... and more in yet other locations. All just punks in need of a prison cell, whatever the color. (Prison or an armed citizen willing to do the job on the spot)
edit on 1-4-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Their is black on white racism. Every color on another color racism. Ignorance isn't particular to color.

I think all people who commit hate crimes in general that should be prosecuted as if it were a murder.

Dream a little dream I will.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau

If it was 400 whites attacking blacks you bet your ass they would mention it. And it would be a hate crime.

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Im not so sure.

Woah woah guys, I didn't say if they attacked any African Americans. I just said if it was a mob of 400 white teens running amuck in a neighbourhood... Would they mention it?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Remember the book "Lord of the Flies"? Most of these kids grow up with little to no parenting. If a pack of rabid dogs 400 strong were to run into the streets attacking everyone in sight, the police would start shooting.

Personally I don't see the difference between the two groups.......

I have a very hard line on certain types of crime. I firmly believe that anyone that gets caught red handed committing violence on a stranger deserves to be put down like a rabid dog. That we allow this behavior as a society is exactly why it happens.

edit on 1-4-2013 by Mamatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I think we need to toughen up as Americans and start teaching our kids so e discipline. The picture of that man on the stretcher holding gauze up to his lip is a lesson for Americans. Toughen up. It makes me sick to see how weak people are becoming. It's not good for our future.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

CBS News calls it "mischief". This was a group of hundreds of people committing assault and battery, robbery, and whatever else they got away with before being stopped by the police. A mob action. And I'd bet the 28 arrested are being celebrated among their peers. What a waste of energy and organizational power - they could just as easily picked a topic to protest and held a peaceful action which would have gotten as much or more news coverage. Idiots.

edit on 1-4-2013 by Aleister because: spelling

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

If they were commiting crimes, as these mobs were . . . yes.

I don't see you point.

These "mobs" are not congregating and taking a peaceful stroll . . . when they do, they usually call that a "rally" or maybe a "10k". The are commiting crimes, most often violent crimes. Race would has no relation to the news worthiness of the crimes. However, as others have posted, if it were "white on black" this would be national news and not just local.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Just a thought, maybe these teens were upset or rebelling because of the KKK gathering a few days ago?

In all seriousness, this is a serious problem that's getting worse, it's a disease in a sense. The City I live in had an issue at our "Celebrate Erie" last year. Hundreds of "youths" were causing havoc downtown. There was soo many that the LEO's had too call in back up from surrounding areas to come in and help out. I think maybe 3 people were arrested out of about 200-300 of the individuals acting like animals, which is a ridiculously low number of arrest considering the amount of people that were breaking laws left and right. In some scenarios/instances it may do more harm in the long run to arrest many of these hooligans so they are just let go.

The problem is that Erie isn't a real big City but we're in between Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Buffalo and Detroit isn't far off so a lot of problems we have here come from individuals from those areas as well as people from Erie themselves. The police are actually hesitant on making arrest because of fear of retaliation. This may be true in other areas as well. And this brings to to an experience I once had:

I was once jumped by about 7 or 8 teens. I called the police and they said there was nothing they would do because it isn't worth the risk of losing an officer.
I swear on my life those were his exact words.
edit on 2-4-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

top topics

join