It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pluto's Gate Uncovered in Turkey

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorthBlizzard
Like a movie in the making. Now all we need is some cocky scientist to open it and unleash hell upon earth.
Well think about the oracle of delphi
Many natural geographical phenomenons were used to shape/steer/control certain societies. Some knew about the natural phenomenons and other didn't

edit on 2-4-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by theruthlessone
Is there any more information on this.......? s/f Anyway

Well below is what I'm looking at for now. They're both WIKI links.
Gates_Of_Hell_WIKI
HIEROPOLIS_TEMPLE_WIKI

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ezwip

Scientifically speaking, Pluto’s Gate is no more than a cave full of carbon dioxide gas, which is present as a result of underground geological activity. Yet it was once believed that those who slept near the cave would receive grand visions of prophecies, which were likely just hallucinations caused from too much exposure to the poisonous gas. We’ve all been there.
True. However as I mentioned to someone else in another response, humans have/are known to exploit naturally occurring geographical phenomenons to their advantages
I mean have you ever seen a septic tank or a outhouse with deep hole? It has the same poisonous gases which can kill humans if they climb down the entrance of it below certain height.

I have to wonder if a transvestite is willing to try this out or if David Blaine will try to sleep in there.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You're welcome. Who knows how much impact it had on the society and lives based on this place back in time

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Izak4K
I was just going to post this but OP already did by just copy/paste without any further research. I actually found some interesting information, but there is no point in helping OP. He did nothing to deserve a flag.
You're welcome
Dont feel bad. It is true that I didn't do any research. Thats why I posted on ATS for discussion so that I can learn
If you have researched the topic then please contribute
I'm not looking for stars or flags by any means

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeThinkerbychoice
reply to post by hp1229

S&F Great find, not so keen on visiting though, had enough hallucination for 5 lifetimes

Good things
I hear you. I would be interested to see the source of it all. With a gas mask ofcourse and a supply of oxygen.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ballymoney50
I'm not sure if this is new as I remember reading about it somewhere ages ago though I might be wrong

Sometimes if digs are in an area of some size they close of bits to look into at a later date or money runs out and they get lost in dusty shelves untill someone goes "hey whatever happened to site number blah blah blah, was it ever finished" you get my drift?

Nice find though its nice to see young people excited about things like this S/F for you

I love those wee funny faces lol
Thanks.I do get your drift. Hopefully if not local, some private overseas explorers would/should pursue the studies. That has been the case for many archeological sites around the world.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Even if it was gases from down below, whoever was oblivious about what it did would surely believe these priests. another mean on controlling societies, which has been done since the beginning? either way from every myth/storysome truth tends to hold, how much, i guess would be hard to know.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by eldemie
Even if it was gases from down below, whoever was oblivious about what it did would surely believe these priests. another mean on controlling societies, which has been done since the beginning?
Well certainly black magic, witchcrafts, wizardry, alchemy and many other forms all fall into this category where its the science and knowledge of it were exploited/used to govern/help societies upto certain extent IMO.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ragna2099
The smoking entrance looks like it was photoshopped.

^ This. If you look closely, it's a devil's face. Facing the pool, two horns, eyes, and breathing something out of it's mouth.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
SWEET! Now we have the perfect place to send all of our politicians and lawyers!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by wills120

Originally posted by ragna2099
The smoking entrance looks like it was photoshopped.

^ This. If you look closely, it's a devil's face. Facing the pool, two horns, eyes, and breathing something out of it's mouth.

It was a digital illustration of what the site is said to have originally looked like, if I'm not mistaken...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

You're welcome Dont feel bad. It is true that I didn't do any research. Thats why I posted on ATS for discussion so that I can learn If you have researched the topic then please contribute I'm not looking for stars or flags by any means

I have also posted just to get educated people to respond. I think it's okay to do that. I always try to make it known by filling the OP with questions and even my own assumptions. It's natural for people to correct you if your wrong about something and that can often be to ones advantage. Just don't proclaim it as fact or you'll look like an idiot.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I think 'izak4k' he/she is a young member
I wasn't going to be rude with him/her but atleast get them to respond with their insight

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This is really a great find !

Does any one know what the lettering in the OP's 5th photo in the posted link says ?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Keyword "hallucinations". Some native americans in other tribes use peyote for vision quests, but don't use peyote and then try to tell me you spoke to God in a vision unless you want to get laughed at. There's all kinds of toxic vapors and fumes that will give you hallucinations and Nostradamus experimented with some of them. What most people call "hell" is nothing but the grave, or in my faith it has been called "sheol" which means "the grave". Shiloh (death) and Sheol (the grave).

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by eldemie

These places in days of old had gases coming up from the cracks in rocks that's why they where picked for putting some poor virgin on top of it but after years and years and many earth quakes the gases would move on as they had been blocked, bang goes the supernatural bit lol hope this helps you understand a bit

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

Hell's gate lol

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
This is really a great find !
Does any one know what the lettering in the OP's 5th photo in the posted link says ?

From the image caption the inscriptions are meant for pluto and kore. However if you look at the greek translation of PLUTO in the link below, the image is possibly partial. Meaning the other alphabets inscribed for Kore is not visible ? I searched many turkish languages which have similar alphabets but wasn't able to go too far
I am assuming they are greek alphabets and means PLUTO IMO.

LINK
LANGUAGES

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by FreeThinkerbychoice
reply to post by hp1229

S&F Great find, not so keen on visiting though, had enough hallucination for 5 lifetimes

Good things
I hear you. I would be interested to see the source of it all. With a gas mask ofcourse and a supply of oxygen.

Protective suit included, and ill be with you every step of the way.

Good things and nice avatar

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join