It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you rather be in prison or homeless?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
The street atleast I can go where I want when I want , but jail has free food , warm bed but no sex . unless one swings that way ...

But I would rather starve as a free man

like yer getting laid if yer homeless...

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

The street atleast I can go where I want when I want , but jail has free food , warm bed but no sex . unless one swings that way ...

But I would rather starve as a free man

like yer getting laid if yer homeless...

If you consider getting laid by a big hairy arsed tattoed cell mate , a positive , then good luck dude . lol

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Gideon70

Did I express myself? I didnt did I? Just because I laugh at others doesnt mean I have a better alternative of my own

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FraternitasSaturni

Did I express myself? I didnt did I? Just because I laugh at others doesnt mean I have a better alternative of my own

No , laughing at others just makes you an immature clown .
God forbid you never find yourself in a similar situation to others on here .

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   

lighten up... you're going to die sooner if you take everything so serious.

Besides... its not like there many homeless people here... posting from their cardboard box ok?

Relax... breathe in.... breathe out... breathe in...... aaaand out.... again... lets do it together. hm?

EDIT: oh ya just look at that... someone just gave ya a little star for that stiff comment... how cute.

edit on 1-4-2013 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Homelessness IS Freedom.

A mortgage is little more than a 30 year prison sentence really,like what happens if you lose your job or get injured and can't work?...

Prison only enters one's mind when one sees too few options,as in un-knowledgeable....

I have been homeless for eight years,and have been having the time of my life,I have a car and I work some crappy job,but I don't have to worry about stuff beyond a certain point,cuz I can let it all go without a whimper.

One thing that helps with being one of those dirty homeless guys is determining who would call you that,and why,and it is usually more like middle school bullying usually.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Prison for sure. Dry, warm, free meals, a small income, TV, gym, showers, skills to learn, things to do, its safer and you might come out with a different attitude, even having learned something

The only down side with prison is you're not there long enough (well so it seems for criminals) while street people are still doing the same thing.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MyHappyDogShiner
...A mortgage is little more than a 30 year prison sentence really,like what happens if you lose your job or get injured and can't work?...

Tell that to those who have had a mortgage, got it paid off, and are living in retirement at the beach in a rent free home with an income for life, about to travel and host people and grandchildren.

Oh, yes, homelessness is wonderful... Who can you host, where do your grand kids come to play, do you 'holiday' at the train station... don't kid yourself.. well ok, do that, but you don't convince me.... I've helped those on the street, they ain't happy at all. But you have to teach the ones that want out to fish, if you feed them they just stay there.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
It's rediculous if you honestly think you're going to get decent health care in prison or any useful skills you need to wake up out of your media brainwashed bull# fairy tale.

They do not give one single # about you in prison,I will trade you my piece of toast for your coveted peach cobbler and you won't like it and you won't do #, those guards do not give one single # about you and neither will anyone else.

If you're not bleeding you're not needing. No one is going to lift a finger unless they see a wig split to the bone.

If you think it's the easy road think about how easy it is to get in, then remember they don't give a damn what you say or ask for, they don't want to even speak to you. You need to wake up and smell the bull#, if you think this way are you the same people that believe the police will never do you any wrong?

Not to mention in order to get those benefits you are all speaking about you need to go through county , state then to federal prison, this process can take up to 5 years. Most prisons are privately owned so you will get #ed one way or another then realize freedom is worth dying for.
edit on 2-4-2013 by Knives4eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Prison: I would rather have a roof over my head and 3 meals a day. I love the outdoors but I wouldn't want to live in it.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

Don't forget the semen clogged drains, the spit clogged sinks, the overly treated water, the faint taste of bleach on each bite of food.

Let's not forget at a particular location that I had the opportunity to grace, the lights are never turned off, you have a recycled blanket made out of lint and human hair that is 5' by 5' so something will always be cold on you. The AC is kept at a steady too cold.

You are not allowed to make a partition, not even for the vent blowing directly on you if you're unfortunate enough to get top bunk.

You guys need to quit making it seem like camp and wake the hell up.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Having been homeless and in prison ( well a jail for 3 days at least) I can tell you - Homeless wins hands down.

I don't see how you can compare the two at all. A homeless man is just a man who doesn't currently live in a house. Thats a no shame thing. A person in prison is a criminal. That can be a shameful thing.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I will never ever EVER go back to Lousiana EVER again for the REST of my life, is all Igottasayabout my first and last time to ever visit.

To dodge a public intoxication ( IN FREAKIN LA RIGHT? ) charge I opted to stay overnight at their psych hospital, worst freakin mistake ever, ended up in there for 3 days on meds ( if you don't, you're uncooperative and cannot leave).

That's when I noticed it, that hospital floor was set up exactly like a county jail or it may be vice versa....somehow people have this soft version of jail that's like this psych ward, I blame media.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Absolutely, 100% homeless vs. jail. No doubt about it. I've never been to jail, nor will I, but I've often thought it would be my worse nightmare. I absolutely couldn't stand being controlled like an animal, eat terrible food, noise, etc. If I were homeless, I could rely on myself and my own intellect to survive.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
A prison cell may be temporary comfort, but a criminal record is a lifetime's worth of woe.

A cardboard box may be temporary warmth, but from that place, there is still hope.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

No sex? Just pull a Ted Bundy. That guy was getting hundreds of letters from women, some of whom were paying him conjugal visits. If he had been released he would be getting more ass than a park bench.

I've read a few sources that claim James Holmes is also getting loads of letters from women. Some of them seem to have a thing for serial killers/mass murderers.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I think I would have to be homeless because I enjoy being free. however, homeless people are now breaking laws and getting caught on purpose just to go to jail. this is because jails offer a bed and free food three times a day. I think I would be homeless until I ran out of food and places to sleep, then go to jail for something minor so I can leave again.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by bates

Did you steal these questions from my mind???

I have often pondered the same dilema and always sided with being in prison because its warm, you get food, you get to watch tv, work out.... at least you have things to keep you occupied (as long as the gayboys kept to themselves, i think i'd be a lot better off).... I have often seen homeless on the streets begging for cash or food and thought to myself 'why dont you commit a crime, then you can go inside and live off the state' but then I also think that at least 'homeless' you can live of the grid!!

I think what i'd do if I chose 'homeless' is i'd take whatever savings I had and buy a one-way ticket to another Country... try and start a new life!! I have a few numbers in my phone and maybe I could stay at someone's place for a bit till i get sorted with a new ID!!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by bates

What an interesting - and horrible - question to ponder on. I would have to ask are we talking minimum security (category C or D) prison or are we talking a proper bad boys prison? Because, in all honesty, there is a world of difference in the whole experience between the different categories.

If we are talking absolutely lowest security prisons then i would certainly consider that as an option. Even then, don't be deluded into thinking that Prison is a pleasant experience.

If we are talking high security category then i would definitely choose homelessness. Every single time.........

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
homeless, you can still travel, eat what you want(if not forrage for food in the woods) live where you want(if not live in the woods) roam where you want, drink booze(if you can panhandle money for it) smoke (whatever u want) ask people for money (sometimes get it) be free to do whatever you want, no bills, no address, pretty much off the grid..whats better than that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join