JFK assassination witness dies mysteriously

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Just ran across this on Reuters. The famous "girl in the yellow hat" who ran up the grassy knoll just after the head shot killed U.S. president John Kennedy has died just as she was going to release her biography (which has now been pulled!). Mrs. Rita Johnson, who lived her entire life in Dallas before choking on a piece of pizza which, according to her daughter, arrived at her assisted-living apartment without anyone from the residence ordering it, had dictated a 200+ page volume and had signed a publishing contract.

In 1963 Mrs. Johnson - then Rita Pech - told a reporter that she saw a man with a sawed-off shotgun fire several shots at the motercade from in the bushes at the top of the grassy knoll. Apparantly her "flight or fight" hormones propelled her into the "fight" position, and she was able to punch the assassin in the face before he drove off in a red convertible. Mrs. Johnson never talked to a reporter again, and her book, which would have gone into more detail about her encounter, has now been taken off the publisher's new-releases schedule. Does anyone have any more info on her death, or a contact number for her daughter? Thanks.
edit on 1-4-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

CX

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister

In 1963 Mrs. Johnson - then Rita Pech - told a reporter that she saw a man with a sawed-off shotgun fire several shots at the motercade from in the bushes at the top of the grassy knoll. Apparantly her "flight or fight" hormones propelled her into the "fight" position, and she was able to punch the assassin in the face before he drove off in a red convertible.

Did anyone else hear shotgun blasts? Why fire a shotgun from that distance? Where is the evidence that a shotgun was used?

Not saying this woman was lying, but it is certainly an interesting story to help her book. Punched the shotgun carrying assassin in the face, and nobody else saw it happen? Sorry i'm not buying that one.

CX.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Have you ever studied the assassination data? "The girl in the yellow hat" is one of the major mysteries of that day, and we would have heard from her directly with this book. And yes, many shotgun blasts were heard. Please do some research.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
edit on 1/4/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

yeh, a sawed off shotgun would'nt have much range or accuracy one would think.
And she then punched the assasin in the face before he sped off in a red convertable lol.
The only conspiracy here is how did she get this crap published?
I'm callin bull# on this one

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
if the bio was about to come out, the manuscript is done

if there is anything worthwhile in it, the publisher will find a way to profit from it

heck, saying it was "pulled" may be the first step in drumming up interest

if we already know she her basic claims, there doesn't seem to be too much that could be gained from her memory about an event in the 60's

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I've heard that almost all of the civilian witnesses present at that shooting suffered premature deaths, I'm surprised to hear that one was still alive up until recently.

Some think George H.W. Bush oversaw the team or was somehow involved.

He is on record saying he can't remember where he was that day, yet is seen in pictures in Dallas/Ft. Worth that day.

Also, another George Bush was hired by the CIA for a few months before the shooting then let go afterwards, to help give HW deniability.

Here is an article which helps tie the pieces together:

HW oversaw JFK assassination?

edit on 1-4-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
reply to post by CX

yeh, a sawed off shotgun would'nt have much range or accuracy one would think.
And she then punched the assasin in the face before he sped off in a red convertable lol.
The only conspiracy here is how did she get this crap published?
I'm callin bull# on this one

No, it's all true. I found the picture of Mrs. Johnson that was going to be used on the book's back-cover.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Any chance of a link to the Reuters article please ?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Isolation

I tried finding it and got nothing.

Beginning to wonder if this is an April Fools joke.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
How old was she? when she died?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
More data. This picture from the week following the assassination may indicate that Rita Pech may have been thinking of doing herself in before she joined the list of murdered witnesses. Happily she lived to old age, but may still have had suicidal tendencies.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Op, I have searched reuters [dot] com and I cannot find any reference to this story. I even used their in-site search feature and got nothing.

You said you

Just ran across this on Reuters.

As you are informing us about this, please post a link to the Reuter's report.

Thank you.

EDIT: reply to post by Aleister

A quick check via "TinEye" shows that image of the woman sitting by a railroad appears in at least 13 places in the WWW. Please post your source for the image that states it is of Rita Pech.

Thank you.

Your early response/s would be appreciated.
edit on 1/4/13 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

More data. This picture from the week following the assassination may indicate that Rita Pech may have been thinking of doing herself in before she joined the list of murdered witnesses. Happily she lived to old age, but may still have had suicidal tendencies.

I am not so sure that the photo highlights suicidal tendencies.

If it was a photo of her in a kitchen, would it indicate that she was going to stick her head in an oven?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne

Originally posted by Isolation

I tried finding it and got nothing.

Beginning to wonder if this is an April Fools joke.

You are being disrespectful to an old woman's memory. She lived with her secrets, and died from an onion, pineapple, and cheese pizza. A noble life well digested.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Yeah just looks like an arty photo to me...wouldn't she be alone If she wanted to jump off?
Oh and how old was she? I mean is it a shock an old woman dies?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

So this is an April fools joke then? Really distasteful if so...

But that pic of the women in the yellow hat seems to ring a bell with me for some reason. However if you search ATS for "yellow hat" there's nothing related to the JFK assassination.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Hoax bin please....

Just did a search about jfk and girl in the yellow hat and it only came up with this thread.
edit on 1-4-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
You are all dancing on her grave. I thought this would be a serious discussion of the multiple shotgun blasts from the grassy knoll, and Mrs. Johnson's well-known "I punched him in the face, and he drove off in a red convertible" quote". Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, was her other well-known quote.

EDIT: Finally, I thought it would be caught after the first post. If distasteful, my apology. I had read that April Fools jokes are alright as long as they are obvious hoaxes. I will not start another thread today, for fear of retaliation and/or disbelief.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

You are being disrespectful to an old woman's memory. She lived with her secrets, and died from an onion, pineapple, and cheese pizza. A noble life well digested.

Funny statement from you.

More funny than this hoax of a thread.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join