Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Imagine if you woke up in a world of....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Theres always a bright kid in school isn there!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

LOL, not that bright, from the same city as you dude..... I just got smart and moved away....

Not my original work though, I admit, plaigarised....

Seriously though, I would love a world where ideas and working together to ensure every person has everything they need would be a dream goal for anyone. Problem is, as I said, some bright spark decided a long time ago we needed to be controlled and herded, because with true free will, we would have figured this all out long ago.

We started as slaves, with no free will. That didn't work out for them because we eventually revolted, so they threw in religion, literally 'put the fear of God' into us, so we submit and even though we think we have free will, we are still controlled by a set of rules of what is considered to be wrong and right. People then began to see through religion, so they came up with materialism. Made it so it's our free will to have or not have this modern stuff, but if we don't, others shake their heads and whisper 'freak' because you're not different. Don't believe me?

Your first thought on this;

DIAL UP INTERNET. Go on, be honest. What would you think if I said I still run a dial-up modem? If I said I refuse to drive because I don't want a car. I don't have electricity? I have an old tube TV? I know even what I'd think. "What a freak. What's wrong with you?"

We are waking up to this world slowly, and the little veils they pull over us. Problem is, they make it commonplace to 'want' what they're selling, even if we don't actually need it to survive. The only way we will ever stop being modern slaves to the system is to walk away from completely. It's coming, just not something we will see in our lifetimes.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I'm a Barbie Girl living in a Barbie World - life is fantastic when you are plastic.

took you along time to admit you were a woman!
edit on 2-4-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

DIAL UP INTERNET. Go on, be honest. What would you think if I said I still run a dial-up modem? If I said I refuse to drive because I don't want a car. I don't have electricity? I have an old tube TV? I know even what I'd think. "What a freak. What's wrong with you?"

I would just say you bugdet very tightly because your scaping to make ends meet. I know someone who has Dial up, has an old Tv tube, and wants to install his own solar panels to stop paying for electricity. Not its not me, but i have wondered how i can get free water and power cause the cost for using utilities in this country is crazy.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   

That I can agree, I am currently in the process of going completely off the grid. Got water, solar panels, grow my own vegies, looking into batteries and wind power next, but they all cost money to set up, which is the core of the system. Most people I know however consider people who don't have the modern conveniences (smart phones, LCD TVs, ADSL internet etc) to be something wrong with them, which is, at it's core, what our new overlords want us to think and act upon those who don't have it.

In much the same way religion dictates what we do by laying down a set of rules of what is right and wrong, we are similar slaves to the edicts of what modern society has to offer us. In the wild, if you are old and too weak to sustain the herd, you are left behind to die. In our society, such a thing would be intolerable. Why? Because some bunch of guys that wanted to control us without literally controlling us said is was wrong to do so. It's just gotten to a point where we are dictated to by all comers (church, government, lawmakers, law enforcers) that we must follow this code in order to assimilate. That's why we have such restlessness in the world.

In much the same way the slaves of the past said 'no more, we yearn to be free,' we are beginning to do the same. But ours is a different kind of slavery. Our overlords are the banks, the governments and the corporations who have cleverly hidden our servitude behind free will, and laid down that same set of rules we willingly follow.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I think the plan of controllers is to get every subsequent generation more hooked on technology to a point where they will the ones demanding that devices can be built to fuse into their own bodies. People are gullible and stupid, and the old saying goes your cant get around people, so mabey the controllers themselves arnt so stupid afterall, as they are going with human nature and not against it.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   

But it's not. That's the thing. Humans are inherently helpful animals. You see it every time there is a disaster, what happens? People take up shovel and hammer and help those out who need it.

It's the will of these greedy banks and corporations who just have to have that billion dollar profit endlessly streaming their crap into our lives, and pushing it onto us that if we don't have it, then we are to be ridiculed and belittled by our peers. When things are running fine, we are constantly bombarded that selfishness is our right, it's the way it should be. Can't afford it? Don't stress, just come see the bank. You'll be blasting our your 65inch plasma over the neighbour's 60inch in no time. It's the modern religion, materialism. Why do you think we're constantly shown TV shows of rich people's houses and cars? "You too can have this lifestyle. Just sign here."

One of the threads that made the front page was about the TV show Revolution, and would society collapse in an event where everything modern we had was suddenly useless. I've watched the show, and to be honest, I think in time people would band together to help one another. Sure, there'd be an initial panic, but we survived well long before any of this crap became mainstream in our lives. I think we could easily do the same, if we just let go of this need for materialism.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Its a spiral of never ending want for more wealth to maintain the image of being a winner. I dont think it will stop the path is set and every new generation is fresh fodder for the banks fire.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Would we all wake up in this if all our hearts deprogrammed and yearned for it?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Yes,that would propably occur-i guess that communities of decent hardworking people would have to be able to defend themselves against the predatory types-even if it meant bloodshed.It would be so wonderful though,if just for once those types would think:"Let me just help out a few hours a day,slam together a few sandwiches for the saps who's working the fields/sit on my backside and watch the infants while the women cook us up something to eat-and i too,can have a life of peace"

Maybe in such a world without outright hatred,greed and other vices-predatory types' attitudes would have softened from dangerous to merely surly+sullen because they have to actually do something-well,one can always dream,eh?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

you didn't list waking up in the morning without pains so i don't like that place at all

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join