Imagine if you woke up in a world of....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

No religion
No politics
No lies
No greed
No money
No hatred
No poverty
No inequality
No servitude
No dishonesty

Can you explain what that world would look like and how its society would function?

Can such a world exist? or is it beyond the condition of the human mind to be able to awake everyday to a world where these states are imbedded truths of its functioning social layers?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

the best day will be the one, that i will not see,
this wont ever end, the suffering will increase every minute of every day until the great back bone of our species brakes, but maybe, just maybe after the great fall of man, things can begin again, and things will change,,
sadly history has the tendency to repeat itself.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I can't even comprehend waking up in a world like that. It would be so different. I wonder what life would be like for humans if those things were removed from society. Such a simple society seems strange for humans.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   
i imagine in such world the axis of emotional evils would of been vanquished

Envy
Lust
Fear

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   

NO BANKSTERS!

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

I already live that world. I am saved.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

No religion
No politics
No lies
No greed
No money
No hatred
No poverty
No inequality
No servitude
No dishonesty

Can you explain what that world would look like and how its society would function?

Can such a world exist? or is it beyond the condition of the human mind to be able to awake everyday to a world where these states are imbedded truths of its functioning social layers?

In other words, no people

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Sounds like the life of the Eloi from HG Wells, The Time Machine.

They lived an innocent, naive lifestyle, wanting for nothing, no social injustice, no fear, no oppression, no desire for anything they cannot have, no poverty, no evil..

they were, unfortunately, cattle for the morlok and used as food for the more primal, underground humans.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I think we could achieve most of what you mentioned, minus no hate, dishonesty or inequality.

Firstly, I'll explain my stance on that, then give my little idea of what such a world would look like. So, hate and dishonesty, we ain't getting past those. Or greed now that I think of it. Those are ingrained in humans like any other emotion or skill. I say skill, because that's exactly what lying is, a learned skill. We will use it (most of us anyway) to one degree or another whenever it may serve to protect us from whatever the threat, real or imagined. For as long as we feel fear, especially of the truth, we will use lies.

So far as hate and greed go, they are emotions that are essential to both survival and the human experience. Hatred is a hard thing to earn with most people, and when someone does hate something it is usually because they have been done a great wrong by the subject of their hatred. Hate then drives us to do what we normally would not. Though this may sometimes lead to tragedy, it also saves lives. Hate prepares us for battle against the predators of this world. And greed, well, greed drives us, pure and simple. We both need and want, and believe it or not. you do sometimes need the things that you want - holy shat, that rhymed. Anyways, greed is what has gotten man to this current pinnacle of society that we now live. Greed is here to stay.

That being said, I can see the rest being achieved in a century or so. Of course, I wouldn't like to see a world without religion. I'm no proponent of organized religion, but I'm a firm believer in a citizen's right to believe in whatever they like and discuss it as well. I love talking about spirituality and the afterlife,; it's one of my few joys in life, and a world without it would be dull in my eyes. But, a world where we teach from an early age that nothing of the afterlife can really be known until death, and you just have to make your best guess if any at all, that would be a world with far less conflict.

No war, that we can achieve through one world government; once the concept is perfected that is. Nowadays, government is too easily corrupted to give any assortment of individuals that mush power. Now, if we were to say, declare bribing a public official to provide political favors an act of treason, plus the taking of that bribe, well, that's a mighty fine deterrent. Plus, regulations on lobbying would help, and the laying of tax burdens on corporations would help. Why tax the common man when all he's doing is playing the game he was forced into? After we take measures like that, well, maybe the whole thing could work. Imagine the entire earth split up into little districts, with representatives from each voted in by the people of their district, and a few higher ups voted one by those reps. There would be so damn many politicians, with so many special interests to think of, that almost nothing but the bare minimum would ever be achieved. And hell, isn't that what governments are there for?

A world like this, in my mind, would look far more prosperous and advanced. Life would be simpler, and opportunities more accessible. Without the common drama of this age, we could focus as one people, acting together, on achieving true greatness as a species. We could take our brightest minds and set them together with the most challenging goals in mind. We could give our most creative one night in the same room, and watch them build the future on the ideas discussed at that symposium. We could take our most virtuous, and put them in power. That world would be different.

edit on 1-4-2013 by RatoAstuto because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

To imagine is one thing; to make it a reality is quite another. I can imagine a world that you describe. Unfortunately, it seems beyond the scope of our incarnation as human beings to create and maintain such a world.

I do like to think that there is something beyond this world; a realm where our life energies exist in perfect love, warmth and harmony - a place where we are truly united and completely free of division and hatred.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I understand that you are hypothetically speaking and that you are laying out a scenario. This is what goes through my mind reading OP:

If there is no money then how will we measure who gets what and when? Will the state distribute the resources or will we make our own foods and the such?

If there are no politics then there is no state.

Will everyone be treated equally at all times with no ifs or buts? Again who will make these decisions?

Is religion that bad in itself or is it more those who malpractice it that are bad?

Also, when I read your post I don't imagine a world with humans in it. Sadly, I envision your scenario as being the earth with all it's current inhabitants minus humans. Animals have no money, are not greedy, nor dishonest don't practice religions and have minimalist simplistic politics. Some species do have social hierarchies and hatred which can lead to inequality. Animals seem closer to your model then we (humans) will ever be.

I don't think this model is viable and if I would wake up in that world I wouldn't want it. I feel as if something is wrong missing (kinda like Neo in the Matrix). I don't think that our minds are made to live in such a world. It sounds like nothing has value. How can we measure what people want (do people still want things in your world) if you don't ascribe value to anything?

You can't have light without casting a shadow. We cannot help but seek warmth in the cold and we are happy to cool down in the shade on a torrid day. We can tell a bad day from the good ones because we have good ones to refer to. I mean, all this "good" you enumerated is useless if people don't see why this is good, compared to what.

The art of living is much more complex, fun and hard than what is described in the OP. Just like music has certain rules in which the creator can operate in, life is like an art we have certain rules to follow we must construct the best reality within those rules. That's what makes music harmonious or discordant. That is the art my friend. Human nature has plus' and minus' we must make the best with the good and the bad. It is a package deal.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Very much so. That is home and the every present goal each moment.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
We need those things though. We need to learn from our mistakes.

We need to make terrible choices to understand what a good one does.

If we didn't have any of those things there would be nothing to relate anything to...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
We need those things though. We need to learn from our mistakes.

We need to make terrible choices to understand what a good one does.

If we didn't have any of those things there would be nothing to relate anything to...

Yeah, now that's the greatest bull now isn't it.

alright, imagine this, you are good as you are, then, just for learning, you choose to do things the wrong way, just for the sake of learning, so you were to do good, then you f*ck it up on purpose, just to learn maybe something more out of the experience.

Yeah, now that's the greatest bull now isn't it.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JacobsLadder

A new race of human. Possibly humans integrated with the perfection of Artifical intelligence. A sort of race of cyborgs.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

reply to post by JacobsLadder

A new race of human. Possibly humans integrated with the perfection of Artifical intelligence. A sort of race of cyborgs.

I'm a Barbie Girl living in a Barbie World - life is fantastic when you are plastic.
edit on 2-4-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I can very well imagine such a world-but people must remember that it would come with lots of work,often backbreaking work-one's only "adversary" would be nature-still,that is the way it should be,and nature is at least a nurturer and provider as well as occasionally an adversary.It is Something one can respect.Death by nature is a good death too,eg hurricanes,tornadoes,floods-as opposed to be gunned down by some gangbanger!

I picture people living in communities,living off the land,and providing for only the ones who honestly can not work,like the very young,and the elderly.Because the elderly can provide wisdom,guidance,just plain old common sense,and lots of practical advice,as well as for entertainment-they normally are the ones with the most interesting and funny stories.

Hopefully such a world will have no TV-ever again,and i am willing to sacrifice the internet too for such a world-i would not miss electricity even-what tastes better than bbq,or food cooked over a fire in a cast-iron pot?What is more soothing than candle-light,after a day working and building,relaxing by an open fire or candle-light,while you drift off to a wholesome sleep after a day's honest work,listening to an interesting story told by an old-timer? Heaven right here on earth

Those able-bodied ones who are too lazy to work-do not get to eat-no more mooching and parasiting allowed! I do not foresee that there would be many like that though-if they can earn their keep by teaching kids to swim,to read and write,peel potatoes,make sandwiches for the labourers,etc-there would be some way for everyone to contribute,not just in the way of harder physical labour.In such a world,even the "gangstaz-types" would have every opportunity to find something in themselves,that could be of use in the communinity.

There would be no politicians to send other people's children off as cannon fodder to fight the wars they start to satisfy the bottomless abyss of their greed and lust for power-and the first time someone of that type tries to rise again+gain followers,he/she would be executed in public-not out of hate-but to stop this infernal paradigm we live in now, from ever rising again.

There would hopefully be the memories intact,of the nightmare we have now,so that signs of it being restored,can be nipped in the bud whenever it shows a hint of rearing it's ugly head ever again.

And there would be No worship of celebrities,the only admiration or respect would be according to the kindness,helpfulness,and willingness to contribute to the welfare of one's community.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Nice system until little group gangs start forming of people who hate work and see others as potential slaves for enslavement. Then bands or outlaws reign everwhere and innocent people are target for their amusement and fun.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Nice system until little group gangs start forming of people who hate work and see others as potential slaves for enslavement. Then bands or outlaws reign everwhere and innocent people are target for their amusement and fun.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   

No religion
No politics
No lies
No greed
No money
No hatred
No poverty
No inequality
No servitude
No dishonesty

A world like that does exist...

Put humans there and the inevitable will happen.

As long as there is materials there will be materialism. Think of it like two small kids. One toy, they both fight over wanting it. Take it away, they learn to play together without it in harmony until the toy is re-introduced. Then they fight over it again.

Humans are sadly materialistic beings for the moment. What we need is to have our toys taken away. Then we won't need all those material things, because there is nothing left to fight over. Unfortunately, it means removing everything, including the dirt under our feet, to stop us fighting.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join