It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Work as play?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

I thought I'd post these videos, as they offer a different approach to the nature of work and play. How the two can be combined and how one cane take the fun out of the other. If you are forced to play, then you don't get the same enjoyment as just playing for fun.

It is also possible to make work play, if we apply the concept of play and dance to the most mundane of tasks, then we can get more enjoyment from them.

It's an interesting perspective. One I imagine would be difficult to implement into your own lives, but one worth thinking about.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I have always liked working. I liked learning new things. It is just a matter of making a challenge out of learning a new job that makes it interesting. I had many jobs throughout my life, trying my best to learn them quickly and worked extra hard so my employer would make money from my employment. I always had good references from my jobs and most of them would rehire me because of my ways. You do not need to brown nose an employer to be appreciated, you just have to produce. There is a big difference in pulling your weight and brown nosing.

Making work interesting is essential to enjoying work. Weather it is digging a ditch or sitting at a desk, the concept of feeling your producing something as being a reward should be a driving force. If your job is necessary it is easier but most jobs today are not really necessary. I find more reward in paving a road or building a home than pushing a pencil. I have sold real estate, sold advertising, sold building materials, etc and I felt unfulfilled from these jobs. I was able to teach people, selling lumber and supplies, how to install the products which made me feel better at that but the other two jobs didn't seem to me that my work was worth what I was getting paid.

It is nice having worked in about forty different professions. It gives a person a broad recognition of how things work in economy.

I think the guy in the video is promoting capitalism.......Arrows aren't cheap and wasting an arrow is never good
Might hit a kid in the foot doing stuff like that

edit on 1-4-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Arrows aren't cheap and wasting an arrow is never good
Might hit a kid in the foot doing stuff like that

edit on 1-4-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

I used to be a hard worker, like you. Show up early, leave late, fiddle the time sheets so they didn't have to explain to HR why I worked so much unpaid overtime, all sorts of things as the work was real work, that had an end result and you felt good about doing it. All this, of chourse, until I took an arrow to the knee..

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I can't understand why so many people hate their jobs. If we spend a third of our life hating work than we have wasted a third of our lives. We have moved work far from our homes, having to commute an hour or more each way. I can't comprehend this myself. Why do we move our work so far away from home? Why can't we have small factories and stores close to residential areas. I like working for a small company, but didn't mind working for Kohler when I was in my twenties also, I made the foundry job interesting and when you make it interesting it gets to be fun. Most people hated the job on the Osborn Shakeout but our crew made it interesting. The foreman saw that we were making it interesting and was amazed. Work doesn't have to be a chore.

Did you actually get a real arrow in your knee or did you just wear out your knee?

top topics

join