It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Christians Be As Violent As Muslims If Their Religion Was Threatened?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

The character god in the bible has justified many horrible things. The religious often pick and choose what ever parts of the bible fit their motives. Maybe if god didn't want people murdering, or sacrificing, children and raping virgins he shouldn't have done it himself.... poor Mary.

I doubt many religious people will survive the death of religion... although id put the percentage of violent death at 30% leaving 60% to commit suicide and the last 10% will lose their belief without incident carrying on their marry way.
edit on 1-4-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Would Christians Be as Violent as Muslims If Their Religion was Threatened?

How are Christians threatening to take Islam away from Muslims?
If anything, the non-Islamic nations bend over backwards and kiss butt
with so called muslim nations in order not to 'offend' them.

Last I saw, it was the Muslim nations that were taking away the rights of
non-muslims to worship as they see fit.

No rosaries or bibles to be taken into Saudi Arabia.
ATS Thread - Iranian Christian Pastor Death Penalty for not converting to Islam
etc etc

And no .. Christians aren't calling for muslims to be beheaded because they can't
have their rosaries or bibles or prayer group meetings in 'Islamic' countries ....
edit on 4/1/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

Leave your Muslim bashing for another thread and comprehend what this thread is about.

Who in this thread has made any kind of comment that Christians are threatening to take Islam away from Muslims, does that question even make sense, are you drunk?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorthBlizzard
IF? Christianity is threatened everyday by Athiests claiming to "hate all religion" but only targeting Christians and by scientists that think they know everything about the universe. That and society and the media making Christianity seem taboo. But most Christians forgive and let live, we're not much into cutting others heads off over an insult.

For instance, if anyone follows the NFL, I'd bet a ton of money that Tim Tebow wouldn't be hated at all if he wasn't a Christian.

I think you have skewed and egotistical view and mentality on the world around you. Atheist in general simply do not believe, you perceive this aggressively. But you, say for some reason that atheist hate all religions. then you say they only attack Christianity...

I have also never seen a scientist claim to know everything there is about the universe.

You are over the place really, get a grip.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

I doubt many religious people will survive the death of religion... although id put the percentage of violent death at 30% leaving 60% to commit suicide and the last 10% will lose their belief without incident carrying on their marry way.
edit on 1-4-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

I agree with the other member who stated that given proof then it is just a matter of basic human intelligence, mental defects aside.

The thread seems bizarre in the way the OP presented it.
edit on 1-4-2013 by Malcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
All we need to do is look back on history and we know that it keeps repeating itself, so yes it takes only one person.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Would Christians Be As Violent As Muslims If Their Religion Was Threatened

What have Christians done for two millennia under persecution?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Damnit... I never respond to these threads but I just had to... damnit all.

You don't have to threaten their religion for violence to happen - you just have to threaten their "stuff".

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by NorEaster

Would Christians Be As Violent As Muslims If Their Religion Was Threatened

What have Christians done for two millennia under persecution?

Fought in numerous wars, when Christ is believed to have said the opposite.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

What about scientists, atheists, alledged "witches, wizards", homosexuals that have been persecuted by Christians over centuries?

Although I don't believe the majority of Christians would be violent if their religion was threatened NOW, Christianity and it's followers have certainly been violent against any opposition in the past, causing misery and striking fear into the lives of those who opposed it or those who had an idea that threatened the worldview of Christianity (Gallileo is just one example)

The Old Testament also speaks of a holocaust against non-believers (see Deut 20:16-18)

Christianity has alot to apologise for.
edit on 1/4/2013 by NeverForget because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
the problem with the muslims is they actually take all that crap seriously.....you know family, faith, respect....god love em.....you know how we kill the muslims????....feminism.....it worked for the west....the only problem i see is that the muslims protect there women like they protect there children and they have seen the agenda play out in the west, so they can see it coming!

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Floydshayvious
Damnit... I never respond to these threads but I just had to... damnit all.

You don't have to threaten their religion for violence to happen - you just have to threaten their "stuff".

Violence is usually the outcome when you threaten anybody's stuff, not just Christians.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Double post

edit on 1-4-2013 by NorthBlizzard because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubic0n

If Athiest "simply do not believe" then why are there many instances of them attacking Christianity? And why also is it that they attack Christianity much more than any other religion?
And no, not all scientists are egotistical and act like they know everything. But there are those who refuse to acknowledge the possibility of a God. Which goes against their own principles of science because the can't prove that God doesn't exist.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale
Leave your Muslim bashing for another thread and comprehend what this thread is about.

Grow up.

The OP said that Muslims are violent and insinuated it is because their religion is threatened.
I asked the question .. how are Christians trying to take Islam away from Muslims?
Answer ... they aren't.

Who in this thread has made any kind of comment that Christians are threatening to take Islam away from Muslims,

The OPs title said it. It says muslims are violent because their religion is (allegedly) being threatened. And the OP also interjected Christians into the equation as if they are the ones (allegedly) threatening to take Islam away. If you read that differently .. then goodie for you.

are you drunk?

seems you are ....

edit on 4/1/2013 by FlyersFan because: spelling

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NorthBlizzard

You can't prove there is not a teapot floating around the sun.

You can't prove invisible unicorns don't exist

You can't prove I can't fly without the use of wings or otherwise assisted.

I too, can make unfalsifiable claims and then call somoene ignorant when they raise doubt, but I'm not intellectually dishonest enough to do so.

Atheists don't just pick on Christianity.

Don't forget, Christians are nearly Atheists, they just choose to believe in one more God than an atheist.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
'The Devil's in Fallujah'; Pep talk to US soldiers before they went in and committed a war crime against innocents greater than any ever committed during the entire Vietnam assault.

The answer to the op question is yes - and it happens all the time. *signs off to the tune of Onward Christian Soldiers.......marching as to war....*

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverForget

Exactly, you can't prove those things can you? So they by all means might exist.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NorthBlizzard

I am NOT God - but I might be

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I would think any religion, under attack, would take defensive measures.

Christianity has, no doubt, had its fair share of violence and hate.

Even today we have examples of just how cruel and absurd certain believers can be, so they take it upon themselves to cast judgement onto people who they think threaten their way of life.

Westboro
edit on 1-4-2013 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by EL1A5

Westboro is considered a hate group now are they not? I would hardly call them a religious group.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join