It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Christians Be As Violent As Muslims If Their Religion Was Threatened?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TownCryer

mankind has always been violent....call yourself, or your enemy what you will.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

Were the cursades not violent, in fact extremely blood thirsty as was the Spanish Inquisition and the Witch Hunts (using Christianity as the banner)?

We humans have a history of violence so lets not try to shoe horn it under one label or another...I could quite easily bash someones head in with a baseball bat because they were being a mouthy *unt but that would have EFF all to do with religion...you see my point?

If you believed in something, like the right of your family to live, would you do anything to defend that right?
edit on 2-4-2013 by old_god because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
suggest you go back and study history... christians have much more blood on their hands and are far more violent than anyone aside from israel on the planet... christianity and israel both kill far more ... theyre the biggest threats to the world ....

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
OK, there are a lot of people who are confusing Christianity and the christian religion.

Christianity as taught by Jesus and practised by the early church was based on peace, love and forgiveness.
The christian religion is responsible for the crusades etc.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Originally posted by smurfy

It is a flawed premise, since there is no, 'game changing' information given. Furthermore, 'Christian' violence is already well known already, as is 'Muslim' violence. I don't see the point.

And you know this....how?

But that's beside the point. The premise is what it is. The fact that you don't "see the point" means nothing. I actually expected a lot more of you guys popping in to declare that no such information exists. That sort of flat out dismissal, when countered with overwhelming revelation, often races quickly to inappropriate levels of belligerence and emotionalism. Just the kind of thing I'm wondering about.

No, I said,"No information GIVEN" not as you smarmed in reply, "EXISTS" That's why I do not see the point.
As far as, "You guys" (again your words in reply) WTF are you talking about?
edit on 2-4-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
If Christianity was put at risk, I do think people of the religion would become very violent. The thing about religion is it gives people hope. And people will fight until the end to keep that alive. A decent comparison would be looking at compulsive liars. They believe so much of what they say as being the truth that when they are stood up against or proven wrong, they become violent. Now I'm saying any religion is right or wrong, but it's a good comparison.
I don't think people are fighting over who is right or wrong, as all religions stem from the same thing, or a story very similar. Every religion has it's own version of the truth. Because of this, they fight to try to prove who has the right version of the truth, but while they do this, they are going against everything their religion actually stands for.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Something that has always been interesting to me
and I guess it kind of pertains to the OP,. I understand that christians
can be violent,.and have done terrible things like burn people at the stake
simply cause they were brainwashed into doing so,. kinda like much of todays
cultish religions,. who knows what goes on behind closed doors. However,in some
extreme religions,. they believe it is ok to blow up bus loads of innocent people
by suicide bomb..also by brainwashing.. Anyone of sound mind and whom truly
believes in a god that is of peace,.hopefully will give every effort to resolve their
conflict without violence.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Based solely on the title:

No.

But, then again, religion is a dangerous thing.
I'm afraid of anyone who believes in God.

But The Muslim extremists and terrorists aren't violent because their religion is threatened....
THAT is a ridiculous sentiment and dishonest.
No need to go into the details.
But, unless people are going to be honest about these issues then it isn't worth talking about.
If the conversation is going to be started with the "Threatened" bit, then it's all moot.

But, again, the answer to the title question is NO.

Though, idiots of any sort are dangerous, especially idiots will conviction and belief.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by anoncoholic

You do not recognize when someone is speaking from the heart

Your thinking is warped.

You repeatedly make claims that God isn't here or never was or isn't helping and yet you too like a Judas are serving your purpose. You can stamp your feet or steam at the ears it won't change the validity of God in the slightest.

No. Hold on. Yes, I have said that God isn't here. And that he isn't helping. But just to be crystal clear, I NEVER, EVER said 'God isn't real.' So whatever you mean by 'the validity' is lost on me, and you are not paying due diligence to what the contributing members are saying here.

"Exactly what the serpent said"? Really?

And show me where 'God is here' ......show me where he's 'helping.'
You are behaving like a child.

I'll stamp my feet and steam at the ears and maybe it will change the backward, judgmental, condemning and hate-filled, rabid 'Christians' who just sit back smugly and pray for Armageddon into realizing that 'Christ' taught NONE OF THAT.

Yeah, okay. I'm a demon-possessed demon-bride and a witch! and ruining the human race because I'm the devil in a female body!

Dude.
Really?

edit on 2-4-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by smurfy

I disagree, the whole humus of a human being is to live in peace.

Feel free while actions speak louder than words, for over 10,000 years of murder,and warfare show what the real deal is.

Try by going back much further, say 100,000yrs.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I wish I could say people would stand up and fight, but the truth is Christians are just not that way. I am already tired of the constant attack on all religions personally. Muslims, Jews, Christians and Buddhist alike are under constant attack all around the world. What happens to love and love thy brother. No one seems to want to give a Christian to much love lately in the US.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Ah. I see.
Okay.
Yeah, I don't dispute 'ancient alien' theory at all. I rather think the idea has lots of 'validity'.

But that still doesn't indicate there is 'God' and there is 'Satan'.
Not 'fureelz'

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Ah. I see.
Okay.
Yeah, I don't dispute 'ancient alien' theory at all. I rather think the idea has lots of 'validity'.

But that still doesn't indicate there is 'God' and there is 'Satan'.
Not 'fureelz'

It depends on what people think god and satan are. I view them as galactic leaders of sort warmongering among themselves for everything and having lots of followers. It is hard if not impossible to prove something that is beyond the human brains capability level, not to mention any evidence that is being covered up.

This is my belief and yes I could be wrong. What amuses me is that people demand proof of abstract concepts otherwise it is unworthy of mention. Not picking on you at all, just saying what I perceive all the time.
edit on 2/4/13 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tattiio

I wish I could say people would stand up and fight, but the truth is Christians are just not that way. I am already tired of the constant attack on all religions personally. Muslims, Jews, Christians and Buddhist alike are under constant attack all around the world. What happens to love and love thy brother. No one seems to want to give a Christian to much love lately in the US.

Well the republicans and the catholic church certainly give a bad name towards all christians. 9-11-2001 had nothing to do with islamic terrorists.

Incompetant zionists tend to give a bad name to judaism. Think 60 years of military dominance in the middle east and the full backing of western finances has not been enough to put muslim palestinians under their control. They kept giving and giving land and thus lost respect. Jews and Muslims could have lived in peace for decades now. Problems that don't get solved only get worse.

The other religions have stayed under the radar even if they are just as flawed if not more so than judaism and christianity. Negative exposure reinforces the corruption theme.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

And who were the Crusaders fighting at the time? Oh yah the Muslims who took over Spain, and other areas. The Muslims weren't bloodthirsty at all were they? (end sarcasm)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Islam in Spain has had a fundamental presence in the culture and history of the nation. The religion was present in modern Spanish soil from 711 until 1492 under the rule of the Arabs and Moors of Al-Andalus. For key historical dates, see Timeline of the Muslim presence in the Iberian peninsula. As of 2007, it is estimated that over 1 million Muslims live in Spain,[1] most of them recent immigrants from North Africa, Middle East, and South Asia; although there are also some Spanish converts, estimated at between 20,000[2] and 50,000.[3]

On April 30, 711, Islamic leader Tariq ibn-Ziyad landed at Gibraltar and by the end of the campaign most of the Iberian Peninsula (except for small areas in the north-west such as Asturias and the Basque territory) were brought under Islamic rule. This campaign's turning point was the battle of Guadalete, where the last Visigothic king, Roderick, was defeated and killed on the battlefield. After this eight year campaign, Muslim forces attempted to move north-east across the Pyrenees Mountains toward France, but were defeated by the Frankish Catholic Charles Martel at the Battle of Tours in 732.

en.wikipedia.org...

I wonder if the women fell in love with their captors, you know sort of like the Stockholm syndrome, or if they were interbred like slaves. Or maybe it was completely voluntary. Anyway, the moors conquered in more than one way.

Crusades, Crusades: Crusaders departing for the Holy Land [Credit: © Photos.com/Thinkstock]military expeditions, beginning in the late 11th century, that were organized by Western Christians in response to centuries of Muslim wars of expansion. Their objectives were to check the spread of Islam, to retake control of the Holy Land, to conquer pagan areas, and to recapture formerly Christian territories; they were seen by many of their participants as a means of redemption and expiation for sins. Between 1095, when the First Crusade was launched, and 1291, when the Latin Christians were finally expelled from their kingdom in Syria, there were numerous expeditions to the Holy Land, to Spain, and ... (100 of 21,793 words)

www.britannica.com...

honestly the Progressive mindset and worldview is really skewed against historical fact.
edit on 2-4-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Who knows what they will do? I am one and I can tell you if someone is going to force me to teach my kids their way instead of my way I would tell them to take a hike. Let them have their own kids, I say. Any parent is going to want to take to arms if they feel their children are under threat.

As for the rest of us who are done rearing children, we are fully prepared to die at the hand of cruel people. Why is it that the atheists always forget the cruelty of the atheist leaders of the 20th century? They killed plenty of Christians back then. Some would argue to the tune of millions if you put the Soviets and China together. And let's not forget the pagan and hedonist Hitler who killed Jews out of paranoia. He hated God.

Don't know why you Atheist types feel so threatened, you have a lot less to worry about than we do.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tattiio

I am already tired of the constant attack on all religions personally. Muslims, Jews, Christians and Buddhist alike are under constant attack all around the world. What happens to love and love thy brother. No one seems to want to give a Christian to much love lately in the US.

People tend to not like people who don't like them. The last decade or so has made the secular community feel a bit under siege (they read the news and watch TV after all) so what would you expect?

If you folks would cut the GOP and the political hard-right loose, you'd have my appreciation. Hell, even Jesus suggested that his Apostles (mainly Judas, actually) let go of the socio-political concerns when they got to Jerusalem. Sadly, Judas felt righteously compelled for force his hand, and we know how that turned out.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Not supposed to use all caps. That is reserved for the secret men in black who are running this website.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Destiny10

I can tell you if someone is going to force me to teach my kids their way instead of my way I would tell them to take a hike.

I'm glad you said this, because the fight is coming, even as we post. Letters are going out to teachers in the community explaining why Common Core and C Scope is a bad deal and unconstitutional, as it goes around Congress and the legislative branch, goes around state and local legislatures and school boards. Even the teachers have zero say about what is going to be taught. It is purely diabolical and Statist, coming entirely from centralized federal control. Yes, I hope people will stand up against it.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

The last decade or so has made the secular community feel a bit under siege

Excuse my not buying into this victimhood spin. It is the seculars who have laid siege against all expressions of Christianity, choosing to force the removal of various symbols, such as the Ten Commandments, and even the crèche and Nativity on Christmas Eve. Nope, not buyin it.

Maybe what you are feeling is actually the pushback from decades even a century of hatred and oppression against the religious peoples by Communists, atheists, seculars.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join