It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would Christians Be As Violent As Muslims If Their Religion Was Threatened?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

That second vid
those poor kids..
Then she took the money anyway pfft.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by anoncoholic

But since you asked, you aren't grasping the power of the Saints. Now also understand what it takes to abandon the very laws of God in bringing justice to an unjust world... bringing good out of an evil world.

Why no man knows the hour? It falls upon the Saints to take that final step and if you saw truth outside the box of lies, you wouldn't be so judgmental towards God by blaming Him for the actions of men.

But then what do I know, I believe in God and feel led.

Nothing personal, I was lost once too...

My question was about Christians, not Christianity. I'm glad you believe that you've found the truth about God and that it's brought you peace and acceptance of the direct intellectual assault on that truth by others as nothing to become aggressive about. Of course, that doesn't mean that all Christians feel the same way that you feel, even if they also feel that they've found the truth about God. And this is what this thread is about - those believers in your truth that don't feel the same way as you do about the appropriate defense of that truth.

They do exist, and we all know that they exist.

Oh, and I'm not lost. I know exactly where I am, but thanks for the concern anyway.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Yeah, I know! Right?
And that happens every day to kids being 'raised' by these nutter Evangelicals. And they don't like it when their behavior is exposed as CHILD ABUSE and TRAUMATIC. They've been traumatized, and they traumatize their kids....
whether people want to believe it or not.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by NorEaster
Pretty fascinating stuff.

... and absolute fiction, for which there is zero evidence, and plenty of contradictory proofs.

You'd think so, the way that the Church's marketing literature has been so aggressively promoted, but the research and the documentation exists. I wouldn't have offered the Gnostic angle if the proof doesn't exist. Why bother? I know that it would never convert anyone. It just happens to be a critical aspect of church history. The Book of Revelations part of that overview is definitely speculation, but then everything about that book is speculation. All of it, regardless of who is making the declarations.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
Nor Easter, great thread. s/f

And THIS nut job....just watch it! She's ready to kill her own kids! Talk about rabid. Holy cow!!

Anyone who says these types would NOT be violent - well, they're mistaken.

Who would ever think that one would come up again? I havent seen that for a few years but it is well known to be a hoax. No comment on the other videos, not particularly interested in them.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

But since you asked, you aren't grasping the power of the Saints. Now also understand what it takes to abandon the very laws of God in bringing justice to an unjust world... bringing good out of an evil world.

Why no man knows the hour? It falls upon the Saints to take that final step and if you saw truth outside the box of lies, you wouldn't be so judgmental towards God by blaming Him for the actions of men.

My question was about Christians, not Christianity. I'm glad you believe that you've found the truth about God and that it's brought you peace and acceptance of the direct intellectual assault on that truth by others as nothing to become aggressive about. Of course, that doesn't mean that all Christians feel the same way that you feel, even if they also feel that they've found the truth about God. And this is what this thread is about - those believers in your truth that don't feel the same way as you do about the appropriate defense of that truth.

Oh, and I'm not lost. I know exactly where I am, but thanks for the concern anyway.

You're almost speaking in tongues?.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bitsforbytes

Originally posted by bitsforbytes
Religion is not the cause of people acting like douches. It is the people who practice who are douches. No religion says be a douche.

You have been LIED to.

STOP listening to the lies.

Religion is being used as a major tool of the Illuminati agenda.

Study the TRUE origins of false religions and learn who is actually behind the facade.

The entire NWO agenda revolves around removing God by creating mass hatred through false religion.

The elite created religion as a Mind Control tool with a hidden agenda that revolves around permanently separating us from God.

"Today the religions of the world remain a major tool of the Illuminati agenda." Link

"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati to enslave and brainwash society. In essence, religion was the first form of mind control." Link

What if I were to tell you, that there is a vast Satanic conspiracy to deceive the masses of every society on earth? What if I were to tell you that the top leaders of the world’s religions were in league with the Devil? Would you think I’m crazy? I would! Yet, the truth is stranger than fiction! You have been lied to my friend. Few people in the world today are aware of just how much Satan has infiltrated and is behind ALL false religion.
Source

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

No comment on the other videos, not particularly interested in them.

Why's that, because they're not "hoaxes"?
The first one is a preacher selling "next Sunday's sermon" and stating clearly that the Bible calls for him and his followers to be violent...be VIOLENT. His word. He compares the suggestion for actual violence to shooting varmints or dogs.

Would you like me to post the one I watched earlier that someone posted about Christians for Israel? It was a conference for these Evangelical "bring on Armageddon" people who had a Jewish press reporter thrown OUT of the conference just for asking questions. Heard of John Hagee? Yeah. War-mongering Evangelist - brought in $1.2 MILLION dollars on that conference alone. Salary is decided on by HIM and his family. Lives in a Greek Revival home of over 5,000 square feet, on an 80 acre ranch worth $2 million or something like that.
Yeah, nice peaceful guy.
And there were politicians there supporting him. Surprise! Rick Santorum, and Tom DeLay.

I can point you to it if you'd like. Don't try to minimize that this happens - even if the fat lady was pulling a "Jerry Springer" act for the reality show she was on - she was portraying REAL behaviors that people practice who buy into that crap.
But it figures that those who deny the threat of violence would "ignore" the other two vids. Inconvenient truth much?
edit on 2-4-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malcher

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Can you name any wars fought for the sake of Christianity?

Not mentioned there are the actions against the Native Americans (which included things like kidnapping children to make sure they were raised Christian) and various genocides in North America in the name of Christianity.

Those may have been actions of a government, what are the sources you are referring to?

It's a fairly well-known part of our history. "Indian boarding schools" were often religiously based, and were very controversial once we got over the "send them all to the reservation" mentality.

Consider this source (there are many others... this is just an article by a Native American, talking about the history of his people):

Native American children were forced to attend by kidnapping, though Native American families fought and resisted. At their own peril, parents often tried to hide their children, but to no avail. Tragically, our own Christian churches were in cahoots with the government to "kill the Indian and save the soul." It is appalling to learn that untold numbers of children have been killed in these religious boarding schools.
www.missionarymyth.com...

I should note here that the children were not deliberately killed, but died from poor living conditions and from diseases that often ran rampant through these schools.
edit on 2-4-2013 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Nor Easter, great thread. s/f

And THIS nut job....just watch it! She's ready to kill her own kids! Talk about rabid. Holy cow!!

Anyone who says these types would NOT be violent - well, they're mistaken.

Who would ever think that one would come up again? I havent seen that for a few years but it is well known to be a hoax. No comment on the other videos, not particularly interested in them.

I've been in my aunt's house when her friend Betty Berranski went off just like that, only she was rambling in tongues at my cousins over their playing around with Tarot cards while she and my aunt were at Thursday night bible study. Man, that rant brings me back.

Those people totally exist, and I'm related to some of them. One of my brothers - a Senior VP in the manufacturing technology industry - believes in daily miracles and demon attacks and all that crazy stuff. Nice enough guy, but totally ready for the Battle of Armageddon to break out at any instant. An overwhelming evidence attack on the credibility of Christianity could easily be viewed by some of these people as being the launch of that epic final confrontation. Many of them would see it as their holy duty to respond with force.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

You are right, and many a so called Christian is bound for hell too. Who do you blame, the flock or the Sheppard?

God granted us free-will for a reason. Its like that guy the dog whisperer. He shows dominance to get the dog to "submit" and yet eventually that dog will turn on him when it reaches that point of spirit (as in breaking a horses spirit)

If you want something/someone to follow you unconditionally it is out of love, not necessity. God wants us to come to Him out of love, not self-preservation.

The time is coming when the door will close. Few seem to appreciate just how close that time is and my even commenting on a forum is a debate in my own mind as to why even bother in such an evil world... the answer is love. I do not hate any of you, I just hate the characters you clothe yourselves with.

There is a parable (I think it was) about the disciples asking Jesus about clothes and Jesus said (paraphrased) it is like the grass in the field that dies and is cast in the oven.

First thing is the obvious, why not burn the grass in the field? because in this case, being cast doesn't mean to be thrown into, but being formed ... a mold ... an adobe brick. Life is a building block for the soul. and the entire message of God is that we define our souls.

The occult (as vehemently opposed by that woman in the vid ) is a stain on your purity. Whether it is Tarot, or astrology, or numerology, it all puts a persons Faith into objects and abstract forms of Spirit. God is a jealous God... Why use superficiality to contact Him? You can't, and all you are contacting is a different spirit and most don't recognize that. ... because the devil won't stop you if you are already in his hand... but will impede you if you walk with God.

How many temptations we go through in life is probably a good litmus test of just how close to God you really are.
edit on 2-4-2013 by anoncoholic because: typo

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
On a tangentially related topic, i just remembered seeing this:

en.wikipedia.org...

Shoot, on, sight. Though that wouldn't work since they're so many and apparently the power of Jesus Christ compels them.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

reply to post by Malcher

Why's that, because they're not "hoaxes"?
The first on is a preacher selling "next Sunday's sermon" and stating clearly that the Bible calls for him and his followers to be violent...be VIOLENT. His word. He compares the suggestion to violence to shooting varmints or dogs.

I am basically an agnostic, although things happen that lead me to question that often. I am an agnostic Christian for the past five years or so.

I avoid blaming one group because it is biased.

I also made it clear i didn't watch the video so was not commenting on it.

Would you like me to post the one I watched earlier that someone posted about Christians for Israel? It was a conference for these Evangelical "bring on Armageddon" people who had a Jewish press reporter thrown OUT of the conference just for asking questions. Heard of John Hagee? Yeah. War-mongering Evangelist - brought in $1.2 MILLION dollars on that conference alone. Salary is decided on by HIM and his family. Lives in a Greek Revival home of over 5,000 square feet, on an 80 acre ranch worth $2 million or something like that.
Yeah, nice peaceful guy.
And there were politicians there supporting him. Surprise! Rick Santorum, and Tom DeLay.

To be clear, i do not belong to a church so some issue i may agree with and some i may not. Those issues you state are not exclusive to Christians and many Christians are on the opposite end of the spectrum, just like most other groups.

I can point you to it if you'd like. Don't try to minimize that this happens - even if the fat lady was pulling a "Jerry Springer" act for the reality show she was on - she was portraying REAL behaviors that people practice who buy into that crap.
But it figures that those who deny the threat of violence would "ignore" the other two vids. Inconvenient truth much?

You are not the first to post that video, it's been on forums for many years. I remember when it first came out, many people "bought" it. I could care less though, just felt that there was no reason to not make it known so others are not deceived.

Minimize that what happens? A crazy lady knocks on your door? It's never happened to me.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by anoncoholic

The occult (as vehemently opposed by that woman in the vid ) is a stain on your purity. Whether it is Tarot, or astrology, or numerology, it all puts a persons Faith into objects and abstract forms of Spirit. God is a jealous God... Why use superficiality to contact Him? You can't, and all you are contacting is a different spirit and most don't recognize that. ... because the devil won't stop you if you are already in his hand... but will impede you if you walk with God.

I hesitated twice before responding to this...but here goes:
You talk about "love", and then turn around and say "God is a jealous God."
Nonsense.

What astrologers or Tarot readers or numerologists tell people to "kill in God's name"? To beat the crap out of their kids if they make a childish mistake?

There's NOTHING pure about the sort of violence that that woman (hoax or not) is portraying. She's vicious. And those kids who undergo that kind of "parenting" will be hurt. That's all good in your book?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

Perhaps you should watch it. And no, you didn't make it clear you didn't watch the video - you said you weren't interested in it.

The OP is talking about THOSE KINDS of people, not Christians in general. The answer to his question is "Yes. There are definitely so-called 'Christian' people who become violent when their religion is threatened." You also didn't respond to the point about the guy in Wichita who MURDERED a doctor IN CHURCH based on his religion.

Maybe if you were paying attention to what goes on, you wouldn't say "I could care less." You should care, and I won't even go into the grammar issue with that comeback. I "could care" a "lot less", and save myself some grief and flaming and hatred, but I won't stop caring, because people are being harmed by that type of religion, and it has NOTHING to do with Jesus' teachings. I'm not an atheist, but I'm also NOT a follower of any Abrahamic faith; I'd be 'labelled' an agnostic seeker, I guess.

The big three, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam have proven track records of PRODUCING murderous zealots, all three of them.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I hesitated twice before responding to this...but here goes:
You talk about "love", and then turn around and say "God is a jealous God."
Nonsense.

What astrologers or Tarot readers or numerologists tell people to "kill in God's name"? To beat the crap out of their kids if they make a childish mistake?

There's NOTHING pure about the sort of violence that that woman (hoax or not) is portraying. She's vicious. And those kids who undergo that kind of "parenting" will be hurt. That's all good in your book?

Perhaps you should read all my comments... having said so much it has its limitations in this format because what thoughts are in my mind aren't adequately displayed in a single post.

No, I never said I agreed with this "Christian" stance. because it is not of God but of a woman's interpretation of God. She does not know Gods will and yet tries to enact it. Her children are divided from her household and removed from her heart. That is not what God would have had her do.

I think the problem with the Religious today is one of who makes the best guess... still a guess. There is a basic truth behind them all, but all of them embellish to some degree to make themselves feel like they are worthy of knowing God by either dogma or deed it boils down to the same thing, they are all wayward.

At any rate, it is unreasonable to expect everyone to comprehend everything exactly the same way. Our spice of life had been hijacked from unity with God (original sin) to a materialism that has tangible proof rather than a spirituality with only a promise. (All God left us after we left Him was a promise and occasional insights that lead mankind to the end)

Like I touched upon the word "cast", being cast in the burning pit isn't a supernatural portal, but a societies character. ... and how God will remove them from the future of His promise. How?

By lifting His hands of loving protection and letting us learn the hard way.

I have reached a point where I am "trying" to think and that spontaneous reply isn't as forth-coming anymore so perhaps I should just leave it well enough alone.

All I can say for myself is that I leave it to God to straighten evil out. None of us alone have what it takes to wage psychic warfare.
Rest assured though, this battle has always been in the mind.
edit on 2-4-2013 by anoncoholic because: typo

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

All I can say for myself is that I leave it to God to straighten evil out. None of us alone have what it takes to wage psychic warfare.

"Original sin" is nonsense as well. And your stance above simply means "not my problem", so you won't do anything here and now, today and vocally, to stop this kind of twisted religious abuse. God isn't doing anything about it. It's up to us, here, now, to put a stop to evil.

Rest assured though, this battle has always been in the mind.

In whose mind? I don't 'rest assured', and I did 'read all of your comments.'

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Can you name any wars fought for the sake of Christianity?

Not mentioned there are the actions against the Native Americans (which included things like kidnapping children to make sure they were raised Christian) and various genocides in North America in the name of Christianity.

Those may have been actions of a government, what are the sources you are referring to?

It's a fairly well-known part of our history. "Indian boarding schools" were often religiously based, and were very controversial once we got over the "send them all to the reservation" mentality.

Consider this source (there are many others... this is just an article by a Native American, talking about the history of his people):

Native American children were forced to attend by kidnapping, though Native American families fought and resisted. At their own peril, parents often tried to hide their children, but to no avail. Tragically, our own Christian churches were in cahoots with the government to "kill the Indian and save the soul." It is appalling to learn that untold numbers of children have been killed in these religious boarding schools.
www.missionarymyth.com...

I should note here that the children were not deliberately killed, but died from poor living conditions and from diseases that often ran rampant through these schools.
edit on 2-4-2013 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

I agree that life was brutal at the turn of the century and it is good you made a reasonable admission.

That accounts for most people living during those times. I am believer that no one should be forced to go to school, even to this day children are forced to go to school. I get the feeling you support the practice of forced schooling as it stands today.

The second links main perspective seems to come from repressed memories and there have been known to be problems along those lines. At the end of the day we have to decide what is true and there is not a lot of evidence beyond that these were struggling schools but i dont know, should education be forced? How many wanted to go to school?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

At any rate, it is unreasonable to expect everyone to comprehend everything exactly the same way.

Of course it's unreasonable. No argument with you there, at all.
Nevertheless, when we see someone comprehending something in a way that causes them to harm others - their own kids, for example - in the name of that 'comprehension', it's up to people who see their flawed thinking to point it out to them. Again and again. Obviously, 'God' isn't stepping up to the plate on that one....

'Comprehension' - if it produces wrong results - can be corrected and stopped. Murder in the name of a "God" can NOT be corrected. It's already too late.

And I didn't even mention how the LEADERS of these rogue 'churches' are condoning the violence and propagating those exact flawed comprehensions about which we are talking.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Malcher

Perhaps you should watch it. And no, you didn't make it clear you didn't watch the video - you said you weren't interested in it.

The OP is talking about THOSE KINDS of people, not Christians in general. The answer to his question is "Yes. There are definitely so-called 'Christian' people who become violent when their religion is threatened." You also didn't respond to the point about the guy in Wichita who MURDERED a doctor IN CHURCH based on his religion.

Maybe if you were paying attention to what goes on, you wouldn't say "I could care less." You should care, and I won't even go into the grammar issue with that comeback. I "could care" a "lot less", and save myself some grief and flaming and hatred, but I won't stop caring, because people are being harmed by that type of religion, and it has NOTHING to do with Jesus' teachings. I'm not an atheist, but I'm also NOT a follower of any Abrahamic faith; I'd be 'labelled' an agnostic seeker, I guess.

The big three, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam have proven track records of PRODUCING murderous zealots, all three of them.

I care when videos are deceptive. What is the point of posting them? Atheists dont act that way? Agnostics dont act that way?

As far as the big three, that would only be true if you were to discount everyone else.

Christians have fought for all of our freedoms. Lately i have been changing on my views of Westboro Baptist Church. I do not agree with their positions on hardly anything i can think of but where do we draw the line on things we are allowed to say?

Even the Jehovahs Witnesses, they stood for freedom for everyone. We owe many freedoms to them.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join