It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Walking Dead season finale. Spoilers BTW.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Damn didn't realize this was the last episode of the season. Overall I was bit bored this season but every great series has those seasons. What really sucked about last night is I had last nights and the week before episode on my DVR. I accidentally watched last nights first. When they had mentioned Myrles death I was confused as to why I couldn't remember it. Went to watch the 2nd show & realized right away what I had done. Oh well...got thru that episode in about 10 minutes, lol.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkeyeNation

lol....

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Your wisdom knows no bounds Heff! I agree- a small sharp rock it is! And to prove I'm not completely heartless in addition to the rock I would leave him a tennis racket!

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I don't have many comments on the last episode other than Carl is a little brat. I do have some issues with the writers however.

1. In the beginning, it took all night to turn but now it's almost instant.
2. no one noticed the gaping hole in the back of the prison
3. When Meril (spelling) dropped Michone off after driving miles, she manages to get back to the prison quickly on foot

I think there's more but it's all I can think of right now. Still a great show however. Now for Breaking Bad!!

ETA: This one bugs me. Everyone is already infected right? So when someone dies they turn. Fair enough. So why do they turn once bitten but not dead? Doesn't make sense to me
edit on 1-4-2013 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
My thoughts FWIW:

Andrea: Very glad to see TV Andrea go. Although the real tragedy lies in what the writers did to her. She is one of my all time favorite comic characters but she was royally botched in the show. So sad that the writers ruined her so badly that there was no way to redeem and transform her- only kill her off. So in that sense I am so sorry she had to die. On the other, I'm not sorry to see her TV character go but how she died was rotten and frustrating.

Milton: This blew! I had no problem with how he died- it was neat to see. But wouldn't it have been cool to have Milton incorporated into the prison team? He seemed like a good guy. Another death that happened too soon like with Dale, Axle, T-Dogg, and Jacqui.

The Governor: He'll be back. Back during season two we knew the prison/governor sequence would span two seasons. Can't wait to see him get what he ultimately deserves. Who will have the honor to officially off him? Rick?

The new batch of survivors: Obviously death fodder in the upcoming prison battle for season 4 and to replenish the ranks of those killed this season.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlySolo
1. In the beginning, it took all night to turn but now it's almost instant.

During season 1 it was explained by Dr. Jenner in the CDC that they can change in as little as a couple of minutes and up to several hours.

Now for Breaking Bad!!

Yes!!!

So why do they turn once bitten but not dead? Doesn't make sense to me

It depends on how they die. Unless their brain/brainstem is destroyed, they will reanimate. So a heart attack, torso stabbing, falling off a roof, etc- they will reanimate. A shot to the head, head injury in a car accident, well placed skull cap decapitation, etc. and they will not reanimate.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Thanks for clearing a few things up but...

It depends on how they die. Unless their brain/brainstem is destroyed, they will reanimate.

I'll rephrase my question. Why do they turn when not dead? Everyone is already infected so it's not like a little zombie saliva is going to make a difference.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

This one bugs me. Everyone is already infected right? So when someone dies they turn. Fair enough. So why do they turn once bitten but not dead? Doesn't make sense to me

The only way I can explain it, is that upon death, the virus mutates into a more virulent strain. So, if you either die, or are bitten by a zombie, you now have the mutation either occurring or going through your bloodstream. That said, infected should turn quicker than other deaths, but isn't the case.

Of course, in the beginning, they were worried about infected blood...now, they have it spurting all over the place. So, I think it's just one of those things you have suspend some belief on...

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I actually read this explained - somewhere or other - by one of the writers/creators of the show. The zombie bites don't actually turn them into zombies exclusively. While the bite does transmit the disease to anyone who is not already infected - the reason that the bites and scratches are so deadly is that the zombies are, in effect, dead. They are nothing but decay, bacteria, like Petri dishes of festering nastiness.

Therefore their bites and scratches are exceedingly toxic and deadly without any relation to the zombie virus itself.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
well when did the producers find out they would get a 4th season?
thats how story is decided. save more beloved charactors when you know you got another season.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

A couple of months back for certain but seeing the ratings are so high I bet they started working on it well before.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Carl is definitely showing some psychopathic tendencies. The kid is seriously off. Still, I agree with his reaction to that kid. The whole time it played out I felt like the kid was just inching closer to grab Carl. He should have listened when they said to put it down. I support Creepy Carl's decision.

I'm very mixed on Andrea. To echo someone above, she is one of my favorite *comic book* characters, but she was awful on the show. It was too late to redeem her and felt very much like a mercy kill. I didn't feel like it was very well handled though. Where Merle's final two scenes were to me pretty amazing, Andrea's felt forced and obvious. Yep, she gon' get it. I feel like Merle's death would have almost made for a better season finale.

Either way, can't wait for season four. The governor's craaayyy.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Seriously? Andrea? And you keep that stupid kid that couldn't act his way out of a paper bag, the obviously out of place asian guy and the ghost whisperer?

*kicks wall*

As if Merl wasn't enough! Can we keep anyone with a spine in the show?!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

That is the way I understand it as well.

The 'zombie' virus' is not what kills you with the bite- everyone already is a carrier. It's just the disease the corpses contain that will kill the living host.

That is why Rick was able to save Hershel by cutting off his leg. The bacteria in the bite couldn't spread.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I really wanted to see the governor get his come uppins.

Just running off like that?

Come on at last have a real battle at the prison instead of just running out "say oh damn someone is shooting at me".

Sick of the governor already want see more zombie slaying and less soap opera.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I know what you mean the Zombies just do not feel dangerous anymore...but seeing they have learnt how to deal with them..well other humans would be the danger.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I have to say that I am surprised that more people are not disappointed with the finale like I am. I mean, to me it's more about the end of it. Like I called it, Andrea is the one who dies. Or at the very least She will die in Season 4's first episode. We don't know yet who receives the gunshot, or if anyone has. Maybe the gun was just fired to finish off Milton. I forget if they showed him dead as a walker? Michonne maybe, Why would Andrea shoot her?

Anyway, being such a die hard fan of this series, I have to say that the second half of season 3 was a let down for myself. Still a good show, but Woodbury in my opinion has bogged down the survival aspect, not too mention realism from before like on the Farm.

And Woodbury, do they ever eat there? Atleast show people eating a little more, and bring more of it's residents into the story other than Milton and the Gov's right hand man, Martinez and I guess more now Shumpert. And how do they keep the walkers out of Woodbury other than the bus area? Is there a wall surounding Woodbury? They never explain that fully. I also think they killed Lori way too soon. Still, I will be wating for season 4, cause I am hooked. ~$heopleNation

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

The infection caused by the bite itself will cause you to die and then turn. Like getting blood poisoning and then getting a severe fever and dying from that.. IMO that is what I get out of it.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

The zombies were never the real issue, its humans as usual. Just like the movie "The Mist" That happens to have 4 characters from TWD in it also. The monsters are not the true enemy its was the ppl. These shows are just one big social experiment and I love them!!

posted on Apr, 12 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Next season.....

<< 1  2    4 >>

join