It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary clinton apologizes for STD experiments on innocent Guatemalan people

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
"U.S. government medical researchers intentionally infected hundreds of people in Guatemala, including institutionalized mental patients, with gonorrhea and syphilis without their knowledge or permission more than 60 years ago."

www.nbcnews.com...

I guess that never happened.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

This is typical. It's easy for our politicians to apologize for things that happened a lifetime ago, and in fact it's not uncommon. But get 'em to admit to some of even the least nasty things they've done lately or are currently doing....

My guess is that State needs something from Guatemala, and Guatemala is holding their feet to the fire over this.

ETA: Gee, I wonder how I developed this awful case of cynicism?
edit on 3/31/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
It most certainly did happen.
for the reminder. Of course, this announcement came in 2010, but it happened MUCH further back then that, so a reminder is sure not a bad thing.

These are the kinds of things I believe the United States will at some point need a "Truth and Reconciliation" committee to investigate, make public and make peace with to move beyond.

I really don't think our nation EVER moves into a clear future while so much of this filth sits in our near term past, festering like an open wound just under the edge of clothing. It's there, it hurts but no one quite knows WHAT it is for most of it. I think this only got admitted to because somehow, it came out in document releases or they got caught some other way. I'll bet there is MUCH MUCH more from just that region and time period, let alone everything else.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2

This is typical. It's easy for our politicians to apologize for things that happened a lifetime ago

our grandkids will be apologizing for whatever crazy experiments they are doing right this moment

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I read the title of this thread and thought, "Did Hillary go to Guatemala when she was in college on Spring Break?"

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
not reading the thread. she can # off.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Didn't Bill do something like this? He apologized to the Tuskegee Experiment Victims back in the 90's, a whole 65 years later. It was heart felt I'm sure.

I think she's definitely running in 2016. She's already campaigning.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Yes, it's important to keep in mind that the government will only admit to what they did when those that can be held responsible are probably in a nursing home or dead .

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by paleorchid13

Yes, it's important to keep in mind that the government will only admit to what they did when those that can be held responsible are probably in a nursing home or dead .

Or when they are trying to cover their butts for an even worse atrocity we don't know about yet.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Now, is it really a far cry to assume that the US government may have tested HIV/AIDS on the population? It seems possible to me. Not to mention, it kicked off in the Gay scene (when they were looked down upon back then)...

Just throwing it out there.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

No, she arranged for her husband to go

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
"What difference does it make"?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Politicians make statements often to draw our attention from what is happening now. The apology could mean that she is aware that testing on people in this country is happening now. We already kind of know that is happening for the "good of the people". I feel that many of us are a part of the mad scientists testing procedures.

I study food chemistry and pharmaceuticals quite a bit trying to understand what is causing things. It is hard because a lot of the drugs and additives added to foods have good and bad points. When I found out the way that the laws governing these things are corrupted by the philosophy that unknown side effects are not considered illegal and only known pathogens are considered I opened my eyes to a lot of possibilities. Adequate testing of the food and pharmaceutical chemistry on a broadform basis is not done. They are testing this stuff on us. The doctors are conditioned to misreport the results to make the results appear less offensive. Try telling a doctor that you are experiencing bad effects and they often add another med to cover it up or say you have to give it more time and raise the dose. Most doctors do not have that high of IQs. The Big companies do not want super intelligent doctors out there to question their creations.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Will she apologize next for the stain Bill left on that woman's dress?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

This is the problem with our classification system. It allows for the government to participate in various areas of research without having the need to disclose the research until the time period in which the majority of those directly affected by the research are most likely dead. TS/SCI can remain sealed for up to 75 years. Does two things: 1. those directly affected are now dead and thereby, unable or unlikely to sue and 2. the public basically may regard the event as being the product of an already long gone time period of government and associate the release of the information with a government that is being honest and forthcoming about past abuses and thereby, unlikely to be perpetrating current abuses.

All in the name of national security.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I wonder if, 60 years from now, they'll apologize for their grand social engineering experiment.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I was thinking the same thing. Why is she apologizing for? Did she sleep with them and give them the disease?

Our government did a lot of stupid things in the past and they continue to do stupid things today but I will be damned if I apologize for them. I will do my best to vote them out of office and see that they are brought to trial for any misdeeds they did, if possible.

If I wrong someone then I will take responsibility for my actions and apologize for my actions and pay whatever price is deemed necessary and legal for my crimes/sins just as those in the government should be man enough to do. Unfortunately we don't have many real men in government as most are just morally bankrupt.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelkhall

I don't like this new "meme".

We now have pols who "apologise".

I'm sorry for __________________

(Now vote for me)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Its not that they apologize. An apology is fully warranted in many cases.

It is the latency of said apology that matters. Hillary Clinton had nothing to do with infecting Guatamalans. I am unsure what kind of validity her apology actually has.

It would be like me stealing your lunch money for a few years as a kid. Then sending in someone who works for me 30 years later to tell you I was sorry for it.

There has to be timeliness for there to be validity. At least in my estimation.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

That's what I mean! How many times has Obama apologized?

Now Hillary?

Did Bush apologise?

Did Bill Clinton?

What example are we setting when we apologise right off the bat?

It sets a precedent!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join