It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

April Fools' Day... Pranks of the Past and Present

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Well, the day has come for pranks, jokes, tricks, and sheer shenanigans to reign supreme. Let the funny festivities begin!

What is your all-time most epic, downright mischievous prank you have ever pulled? Did you achieve the reaction you wanted? Did you make someone pee their pants or hate you for a month? What kinds of nasty pranks have you had pulled on you by someone else?

Any ideas for the upcoming "Day of Tricks"?...
What would be the perfect prank to pull on somebody? Do you already have something in mind? Perhaps something that you have been planning for a while now?...

Happy April Fools' Day everybody! Prank well my friends.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

I am a little leary posting my last April fools' joke I pulled....but here goes...
I am married and we have one kid. A few years ago I called my hubby and somberly told him that I was pregnant. The reaction I recieved was unexpected. He was really excited.....then I had to say 'April Fools' and he said "aww man."
I felt super bad after that. I said I was sorry for getting his hopes up.. whoops...bad april fools..

I have not played a joke since.
peace and love
~nat the restless cat~

Everyone have a lovely day!!!
edit on 31-3-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
When I was young and foolish..much more foolish than I am now. At college, Freshman year in Austin Tx, I printed up 3X5 cards..took them with some tape into all the Women's bathrooms, and taped them upside down at the base of each toilet in each stall. The only way you could read them, was in a sitting position, leaning over.

They read....

If you can read this, you are sh*tting at a 45 degree angle.

Another time,same University. I had a friend who worked at a print shop..print up a roll of 1,000 stickers. They said...Scratch and Sniff.

I spent 6 hours going over the whole Campus, sticking them on bicycle seats in the bicycle racks.

Yes, I was a strange one....still am.....

Des

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

As far as mischief, the cheapest and best laugh I got was as follows:

Take a Mento and poke a hole through the middle. Thread a piece of string through it using hte sewing needle you poked a hole in it with. Tie the string to the mento. Get a 20oz coke, diet coke, dr. pepper, name your flavor that your friend/wife/children like to drink. Open it. Lay the mento just inside the lip with the string down the outside of the neck of the bottle. Screw the cap back on. Snip the string where it can't be seen. The Mento will be up in the neck hidden by the cap to the bottle. Refrigerate and serve.

When the open the bottle, the unseen mento will fall into the soda as soon as the cap comes off.

Hilarity ensues.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Arrowmancer

Wow, ok I am totally trying that. Right after reading your post I pulled a Mr. Burns and said "excellent" to myself while putting my fingertips together.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Once I placed a wind up mouse under a stove at work with a piece of wood in front of it to hold it back.

As the women came in to work, I would ask each of them to hold a flashlight under the stove while I swept under with a dust brush and pan.

I would then move the wood and let the mouse run out.... funny as hell but I recieved several death threats for that one.

Enjoy at your own risk.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
There used to be a bologna that had a picture of the product as part of the packaging. I sent my X to work with a sandwich made with the picture

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Some of my favorite pranks are classics!
The salt in the sugar bowl works every time (and I drink my coffee black so I don't give it away)!
Bullion cubes in the shower head are great too, just break them up a little bit first, or the second person to shower gets it worse ( nailed myself with that one year LOL ). The rubber band on the sprayer at the sink is another good one, but be careful of the mess it leaves in your kitchen, it's funnier if you don't have to be the one to clean it up. Last year I made cupcakes for dinner made out of meatloaf and mashed potatoes, my oldest ( 6 at the time) fell for it, he was so excited all afternoon for dinner, luckily he enjoyed it anyway.

I haven't set anything up yet this year because of the holiday weekend, but I was just thinking about what to do today. Thanks for some inspiration! I will be checking back, if anyone has kid friendly ideas, I would love some thanks!

Happy April Fools day everyone!

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Last year my husband put scotch tape over the hearing piece on a co-worker's office phone, blocking the sound. She spent all day using the speakerphone function because she thought the handset was broken. It took the repair man coming out the next day to figure it out.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
They honestly got me with this. Thought it was some sort of bug. My friends were like "nah our units look normal". I was trying to take screenshots and failing. Basically all Three races in the game, their worker drones/scv's/probes all turned into Warhounds.

Starcraft 2 Warhound

Blizzard has decided to play a pretty elaborate prank on its community of StarCraft fans, opting to announce that it's bringing the Warhound unit to all three of the game's factions, namely Terran, Zerg, and Protoss. StarCraft 2 saw the release of its newest chapter last month, in the form of Heart of the Swarm. Since then, Blizzard has carefully monitored the high-level matches between players in order to find any potential balancing problems. Now, the studio has confirmed on its blog that it had decided to make things interesting and that it would add the Warhound unit, which was scrapped after a beta test, to all of the game's factions, namely the Terran, Zerg, and Protoss. Check out the hilarious reasoning below: - The Warhound has been added for Terran because robots are cool and the art is amazing - The Warhound has been added for Zerg to remain competitive with Terran. - The Warhound has been added for Protoss to keep Protoss players from whining about them on the forums. This is all just an April Fools’ joke, however, as clearly highlighted by the tongue-in-cheek FAQ Blizzard made for the Warhound unit, available at this link.

edit on 1-4-2013 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

But oh, In Grade 4 primary school I asked the teacher if I could go to the toilet. When I came back I told the teacher her car was on fire in the parking lot. She went out to check, came back and i said april fools.

I was too young and stupid to realise how silly that was. She was not impressed, but seemed glad her car wasn't on fire..
edit on 1-4-2013 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
One thing I did to a co-worker...

Took a screenshot of their desktop.
Set this screenshot as their desktop image.
Hid icons.

"Why isn't anything happening when I click on these damn icons!"

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Lol, one April fools day I put cellophane over the toilet bowl......Hahah my bro made a mess when he went to take a leak.

Ive also put cellophane in the doorway about face level. Hahaha.

Another good one if you mechanically savvy.....Hook your victims brakes up the the horn on their vehicle....Every time they hit the breaks the horn will blow.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
We used to do fun things here for April Fools, but then many simply didn't get it, or there was board drama, lawsuits....well, it all just went a bit wild...so we don't anymore... Some folks just can't take a joke.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Oh boy.

I was in the 8th grade and thought it was a brilliant idea to set off the sprinkler system in the girls washroom. Prior to our attempt, a group of us also put pickle juice on all the TP rolls and plastic wrap on the toilets; Now, our school was very low budget so after stuffing some TP and placing it on the sprinkler, setting it on fire and running out side, we notice that nothing happens. So I went back in and stood up on the seat, looking up and WHOOOOOOOOOSH all of this nasty old water with fire extinguisher type spray pours all over me. To say the least, they knew it was me pretty quickly

My school was shut down, grade 12 exams evacuated, and I spent a whole summer scrubbing lockers from 8-3pm

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

it wasnt for april fools but there was the pranks me and my dad would pull on my grandfather. he had issues with the
squirrels in the area stealing from his bird feeder so he got a trap to catch them, it was the kind where its a cage and the animal goes in there and steps in a pannel that closes the door of the cage. so we got a few toys of animals like a hippo and a lion and would leave them in the trap overnight to mess with him. After he caught a few squirrels, we than left a stuffed squirrel hold a sign that said let my people go. He wasnt ticked off and got a few laughs out of our jokes

top topics

join