It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did God make robots? A scientists proof of god

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Strange title I know but I had an epiphany the other day while I was reading an article about robots and another one about human parts being grown in a lab. I thought about how man strives to create a perfect robot, kind of like the ones on the Terminator movies. What If god did create the perfect robot? Our bodies are able to repair, reproduce, think, learn etc. I am a faithful person and truly believe in a higher power. In my opinion if you look at it from this point of view even an atheist could see that many years into the future the human body proves to be the perfect robot. So what controls it? In my opinion the soul does. Our soul has a Symbiotic relationship with the body. What does everyone else think?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by WesternIowaParanormal

So do you believe god led evolution with an invisible hand?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GetLogic

I really don't believe in evolution. I know that seems like backwards thinking nowadays but I truely have faith in the fact that god IE a higher power created us. I know all the arguments for evolution but just dont believe it. Our bodies are just too sophisticated to have come out of primortial ooze.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I haven't seen any evidence of consciousness or the soul being outside the mechanics of biology.

Seeing has how there is a mountain of archeological and genetic evidence for evolution you would only be able to make the claim that god created the first replicating cell.

Even making the claim that god created the first cell that started evolution it doesn't explain the process that created the claimed most complicated perfect being ever.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The human being is the ultimate machine/robot created by the many stimulus of the society. Programmed to respond from memories. Mirror neurons. Self reflected consciousness.

God created potential creators in his image. Not robots.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
But we have observed evolution in labs. Evolution is no longer theory but a fact. How could you deny that.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GetLogic
But we have observed evolution in labs. Evolution is no longer theory but a fact. How could you deny that.

Uh oh, that kind of talk will get you flamed around here.

Wisdom

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by GetLogic
But we have observed evolution in labs.

Evolution in labs = intelligent design. Without that intervention, would those same evolutions have taken place naturally?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NorthBlizzard

On the contrary, I never at any point discounted Intelligent design. Would it not be more logical to say that god controls things on a quantum level?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

It wouldn't be logical to make any assumption about God because we know very little about Him and everything else in the universe.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Well, that sounds like deluded fantasy then.

"I know the fire is hot, but maybe if I keep trying to touch it, I will find it's made of faery dust!"

You go get that faery dust. It's yours. Don't let that silly reality get in the way!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I don't think it is necessary to be so negative towards the OP. We should applause that he is actually questioning the origins of reality rather than checking out the latest teen magazine to see what Justin Bieber is having for lunch. Pondering is never a bad thing.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

I neve meant to say that we are in essence robots but that if man strived to create a perfect robot he need not look any further than the human form.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Robot building GOD! Making a messiahtron! Cool idea, lemme go you one further. What if we are not robots but programs in a simulation. Evolving programs constantly changing themselves and the data they interact with on a cosmic scale. Subtly influenced by a seemingly omnipresent and all powerfull programmer. When the program ceases to function all of its experience is uploaded to the mainframe (afterlife). DNA encoding constantly changing and responding to the environmental factors around it and reprogramming itsef so the next generation of program can assimilate data differently. Cool idea

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by twisted-timothy

Kinda like the matrix huh? It certainly could explain De Ja Vu

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by WesternIowaParanormal
Strange title I know but I had an epiphany the other day while I was reading an article about robots and another one about human parts being grown in a lab. I thought about how man strives to create a perfect robot, kind of like the ones on the Terminator movies. What If god did create the perfect robot? Our bodies are able to repair, reproduce, think, learn etc. I am a faithful person and truly believe in a higher power. In my opinion if you look at it from this point of view even an atheist could see that many years into the future the human body proves to be the perfect robot. So what controls it? In my opinion the soul does. Our soul has a Symbiotic relationship with the body. What does everyone else think?

It seems the term Robot if switched with bio genetic heightened awareness developing being (with a CLASSIFIED ENERGIZED internal Eternal energy) able to understand instructions- and process SOME problem solving in order to over come undefined perimeters it may encounter to accomplish Agenda, with the ability to self reproduce and consciously acknowledge the NEED to protect its offspring as to ensure FURTHER DEVELOPMENT Scheduled to be ONGOING. Then I guess 1 can see how your OP can ask a question such as this... Interesting question.

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by NorthBlizzard

It wouldn't be logical to make any assumption about God because we know very little about Him and everything else in the universe.

Ironic isn't it that science knows so little about everything. This is probably the truest "fact" science has produced. Just because science has observed evolution over the years does not mean there isn't something like a higher being directing that evolution. We simply lack the ability to measure such an interaction in a way that will prove or disprove that theory.

Of course If God exists, he's all powerful, all knowing - He can rig the outcome so we rats running around in a maze can come to a foregone conclusion. We might as well make all the assumptions we want about God because Science demands that we ask these questions so they can be investigated. Proving the existence of God is one of sciences greatest challenges - too bad science normally doesn't rise to the challenge - they would rather look the other way and ignore the issue.

If Humans have a soul, and I believe we do, then science has a responsibility to all humans to find out all they can about it or at least disprove it in a concrete fool proof manner. One day, we may have the technology to measure such. I believe the truth lies somewhere in between our current ideas of creationism and evolution. Science and religion need to stop being at odds with each other and work together on this or we will never get anywhere.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I'm having kind of a hard time seeing this as a scientist's proof.

Originally posted by WesternIowaParanormal

As a scientist, I don't see the logic, here. We make robots for many things (industrial robots don't look at all like people). There is some logic to robot programming and behavior (humans, on the other hand, are pretty unpredictable.) A scientist should have some idea how to distinguish what a soul means (other than "being a living human being.")

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

The human body as the perfect robot? Define perfect because I have many issues with the "intelligent design" of the human organism. At the risk of being flippant, I say the intelligent designer needs to back to engineering school.

new topics

top topics

join