It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan is DEAD

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Just reported this morning that Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan President of the UAE is dead at the age of (86?). No reported cause of death yet.

www.albawaba.com...

Sheikh Zayed - ruler of UAE - dies at 86
02-11-2004, 17:08

The president of the United Arab Emirates, Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, died on Tuesday, according to Abu Dhabi TV. He was 86.

Sheikh Zayed, who has led the United Arab Emirates for more than 30 years, had been ailing for several years. He had a kidney transplant in August 2000, The AP reported.

They have not released what caused his death yet. I wonder if this is a cover up ??? Or just bad health.

[edit on 2-11-2004 by robertfenix]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
So could this be the 'big surprise' that everyone was talking about before the election? What exactly does this mean?

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I cant find anything on this. He was pretty old. early 80's I think. Here is a link to the shieks biography.

guide.theemiratesnetwork.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
More importantly - who is going to succeed him ?

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
How much oil does the UAE control? I hope this does not cause any more instability in the region.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
86 years old...somehow, I think natural causes is pretty plausible, hehe...

Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan is DEAD

Pat, I'd like to buy a vowel please....

The big thing is, yes, who's in power now? The UAE wasn't exactly our best friend before, but they weren't really complete enemies either. Wonder what the story is now?

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
On the 15th it was reported that he appointed a women to head one of the big commissions on (power and energy ???) I forget. But at this point I do not believe there is a clear successor. He had ruled for something like 33 years. So this will absolutely cause some instability in the region. This is probably why the major US press has decided to keep this issue quite until the Election is over.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Very good point robert. I'll just check to see if I see this on the news at all. When the Macedonian leader died in a plane crach a few months ago it wasn't on the news.

top topics

join