It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Neighbor Problems.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I'm just ranting here so feel free to rant yourselves about any neighbors you wish would move away..

I live in Vallejo, California and its a bad city to live in but the weather is perfect and rent is cheap so we decide to stay here. I'm a contractor and there's a bunch of property maintenance work here so I make decent money and really don't wanna move.
I decided the other day to build a 6foot fence to enclose my front porch so it'd be a bit safer for my girlfriend to be home with our baby while I'm at work. I set the posts and a neighbor that has a criminal history and mental problems writes us a threatening letter saying he'll burn it to the ground and we can't obstruct his view of our house. The guy is a creep and has threatened my girlfriend and kids and myself before. He's made lewd inappropriate comments to the kids of our court and is just a complete scumbag in every sense of the word I can imply. I called the cops last night because he started getting threatening again. They came and said its a civil matter and they can't be involved which I thought was complete BS.. How come if I were make threats or comments that would be offensive to others I'd be arrested but he can get away with this??
I went over to try and talk to him about the fence when he was weed wacking his front lawn and he freaked out started screaming at me then threw his weed wacker at my girlfriend and I. Complete Scum.
So I called the cops again and they never even bothered coming out. But they informed us that if we want them to be able to do anything we have to file a restraining order on him. So that's what we are doing tomorrow when the court opens but today while we were out front with the kids doing a family Easter egg hunt he comes out and pulls his car in front of our house, then points at us while lighting a lighter. I tried to snap a pick but couldn't get my phone up before he peeled out and drove off...
Physically the guy knows he can't do anything to me so he won't come off his property when doing these things and I'm not gonna do anything violent or against the law unless its to protect my family in my own home so I'm stuck being harassed by a scumbag because the law won't do anything and won't let me do anything. I'm so mad at the Vallejo Police Force for their lack of action on this matter. At this point I'm going to retain a lawyer for any problems he might cause and I'm going to file a restraining order as soon as the courts open tomorrow because this is completely unhealthy for kids and myself to be dealing with..

Any advice?? the guy owns the home he lives in and I own mine so neither of us are going anywhere obviously... I was thinking maybe there is a way to tie his schedule and money up with so many lawsuits and court cases that maybe we could financially force him to sell but honestly that seems sleazy and expensive and would rather not go that route. Maybe someone here has had similar dealings and know what should be my next step after the restraining order?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NewsWorthy

Any advice? YEA!!! He WROTE a letter threatening to burn "it" down. Being he has a mental issue. He should be toast....

CALL THE POLICE!!!

He really blew it by writing you a letter. No he said she said................................

He is at least guilty of "Making terroristic threats."!

He is busted!
edit on 31-3-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-3-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Open Letter to 2 of my neighbors:

"please control your loud destructive children, and please move away already."

--sincerely,
Your Neighbor

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Go to the police with the letter. He is threatening you!

I have a loud foul mouthed neighbor that everyone here can't stand and she threatened me and I'm friggin pregnant! I called the cops asap. She was in the wrong and if she threatens me again I will call the cops again on her. I will not be threatened or intimidated by someone who is clearly breaking laws and rules. Do not threaten me!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies..
I actually tried to show it to the cops and they said we can arrest him for 1 night but he'll be out by morning so it's better to get a restraining order so they can do more.. It was a couple 23 yr old cops and they deal with a LOT of BS here in Vallejo so they obviously thought this wasn't worth their time. But I honestly did show it to them and that was their response. I just re-read the Peter and he said he wouldn't stand for it in the letter and he'll do something about it twice. The lighter flicking and Ill burn it down was in person just like all his threats. I'm looking into installing a security system today because I feel I need video to show the cops this guy is dangerous. But it does say in his letter "We don't have the right to block his view of our house because he's been looking at it for 37years and we can't change that"
That in itself is Creepy Enough in my opinion to have him Evaluated but Vallejo PD Won't do anything until he does something we can prove...
So it leaves me waiting for a seemingly inevitable confrontation with a sicko that I was trying to avoid in the first place by building a fence which caused the situation to be worse. Complete Madness!!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Quick question.

Why is it that full grown adults are always with the "I'm am going to call the cops", the "I will NOT be threatened! - So I will call the cops... AGAIN!" etc etc.

You guys are not children and the state is not your parent. It has even been ruled in the supreme court that the police do not have a duty to protect you. They pretty much said that you are on your own!

Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone

Since you mentioned a restraining order, you might want to take a read at this bit:

The Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm, even a woman who had obtained a court-issued protective order against a violent husband making an arrest mandatory for a violation.

In my opinion, the restraining order will be a declaration of war.

You own your property, get the right permits (so the city can't have you take down your new fence when crazy neighbor starts b*tching), erect your fence and let him burn it.

Once he does that, you then have him dead to rights on his crime and off he goes to jail.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Beat his ass and put him in the hospital. For a long time.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by YapTalk

That's pretty much all I can do is just wait an be a victim to a possibly fatal crime and then report him....
I'm not scared of the guy physically so I don't need the cops to protect me. Im Just worried for my kids and girlfriend when I'm off at work. I think it's total BS that this guy can make threats like this and there's no way to solve it until he does what he says he's going to do.
As far as a declaration of war.... I think we're past that point already what with him threatening us so I think it's best we do what the cops said and put a restraining order on the scumbag. That way it's at least on file so when I set up these cameras if he's recorded causing problems or trying to burn anything it"ll be at least documented this guy premeditated this stuff and is terrorizing us in his own stupid little way... I'll post video when I get cameras up if I catch him doing anything.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewsWorthy
reply to post by YapTalk

That's pretty much all I can do is just wait an be a victim to a possibly fatal crime and then report him....
I'm not scared of the guy physically so I don't need the cops to protect me. Im Just worried for my kids and girlfriend when I'm off at work. I think it's total BS that this guy can make threats like this and there's no way to solve it until he does what he says he's going to do.
As far as a declaration of war.... I think we're past that point already what with him threatening us so I think it's best we do what the cops said and put a restraining order on the scumbag. That way it's at least on file so when I set up these cameras if he's recorded causing problems or trying to burn anything it"ll be at least documented this guy premeditated this stuff and is terrorizing us in his own stupid little way... I'll post video when I get cameras up if I catch him doing anything.

I agree that you have to do whatever it is that YOU have to do to protect you and yours. I truly wish you the best and hope everything works out.

The restraining order IS you legal out if you have to protect yourself in the 5-7 minutes it will take the cops to get there.

In the mean time here are some Kalifornia legals

But if you want something with more BOOM that's completely legal in KA you might want to check out a Cap & ball... can even order them online AND have them delivered right to your home via UPS

Ps. Read your Kali legal codes to check the legalities of all systems listed above as I am not a Kalifornia resident and your laws may vary.
edit on 31-3-2013 by YapTalk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
From the sound of it, if your really that worried, I would get the heck out of dodge and leave. Let him be someone else's problem

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Just one thought: Did you get a city permit as required to build your fence? Because with it, post it on his door and try to make him see you have legal permits authorized by the city.....then let HIM be the one to go back and forth with the city becasue HE doesnt like them giving you the building permit!

If he does try anything....based on your autorized city permit, youll have alegal leg to stand on, and the city has to enforce that. Better than telling the police only that he's threatening you...

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I know violence isn't the answer but im sitting here putting myself in your shoes......If ANYONE were to pull some BS like that to me and my family that guy would be in the hospital. Sure thing.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by llmacgregor
I know violence isn't the answer but im sitting here putting myself in your shoes......If ANYONE were to pull some BS like that to me and my family that guy would be in the hospital. Sure thing.

If we go by how our government acts, violence IS the only answer!

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Seems to me in these situations the best option is to report and record everything. Get a good paper trail on the dumbass and you'll have an easier time in the long run. I'd give it maybe one more shot approaching him in a calm rational manner, then file a report every time he does something dickish. Consider getting a security camera too. I don't know your finances but I think you can get a decent setup for around $100. That $100 may save you a TON if he decides to vandalize your property or get into a physical altercation with you. I would highly suggest NOT getting physical unless you or yours are actually about to be harmed. Better the kids and girlfriend have you around with a slightly bruised ego than visit you in prison.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I think at one time we all had this guy as a neighbor. I am atheist, but I know one thing for damn sure. You put the fear of God in a man he changes his ways, put the fear of God in his arse.Other poster correct in saying restraining order will set off a war. Try your city services, IE , the inspections dept, plumbing, electrical, building codes, hit his arse in the wallet. If not just catch him some where to where your wife & kids cant see it and beat the snit out of him and instill that fear of God in his arse. Start a petetion with all the other neighbors, take him to court.. There's tons of ways to deal with an anus that lives next door.

Had aneighboe when I lived in Fl, upstairs neighbor. He worked 2nd shift came home at around 11:30pm each night and proceed to party till morning, loud music, loud talking. I complained to deaf ears, I spoke with him, that also fell on death ears. So I took the stereon speakers, laid them out on the floor flat, right over his bedroom, put it on a hell fire & brimstone radio station, tunred it up to about 25 on the volume controll, then went to work. That was the end of that loud music at night, ended up being a pretty good neighbor.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Hope everything goes good with the restraint order and that the asshat leaves you alone.

Not sure about the laws there, but you might be better off filing a noise complaint against him. I had some pleasant neighbors who thought that it's OK to have a party in the middle of the week at 0300. After a few arrests, they moved. My city noise ordinance is pretty strict though.

You might want to purchase a few security cameras just in case. Ensure the cameras are placed IAW laws (only pointing to your property, etc).

new topics

top topics

join