Trouble Sleeping? Try My Unique Approach...And You'll Sleep Like a Baby!

page: 1
23
<<   2 >>

log in

join
+9 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Ok, this is going to sound a little weird...I know! But trust me when I say that it works and has been working for me over 8 years now. Not only myself but for a few others that I have mentioned it to as well.

It starts like this:

Remember when you were young and innocent? (Some of you anyways...
Remember those Saturday mornings curled up in front of the TV? Maybe a bowl of cereal in your lap or some PB&J on toast? Now think about your favorite cartoon that you were watching. The one that so encompassed your being that all the problems fell away and you were lost in that World of possibilities and fantasy. Got it? Good.

Now...Download the first season of your favorite childhood toon...or buy it of course.


Here’s how it started for me. The Flintstones being my toon of choice. I was in Asia for many years and partying almost every day as we do over there. The traffic and street noises were 24 hrs and there is no way to escape them.

One day, I was just down and out. Tired, couldn’t sleep etc. I came across a site that had some Flintstones episodes and watched one. I was so relaxed after that I loaded a few on the laptop and decided to just lay back with the sound down real low to watch a few more episodes. I didn’t even get thru the next episode and I was out! Sleeping soundly like I hadn’t since I was a child!

Next night I did the same...same result. Didn’t even open the laptop, just listened to the cartoon. I knew all the voices as I grew up with them. I fell into it. It was like going back in time to a place when everything was simple. That warm feeling of being protected, predictable days of sunshine, mom’s cooking and The Flintstones on a Saturday morning before going out to play the weekend away.

I couldn’t believe how well I was sleeping now. Night after night it worked the same way. I then started to put the laptop beside the bed with some ear buds. I only put one in my ear and turned down the volume so low it was almost inaudible. But I knew everything that was happening as I had seen these toons so much in my childhood. I could see them behind my eye lids, Fred, Barney, Wilma, Betty,...all of them. I could see everything and I was no longer in Asia.

I was home.


And as many of you know, sounds around you can dictate how you sleep as we take them in and they direct our dreams and therefore our rest. Those sounds of your favorite childhood characters being the last that you hear before sleeping and in your ear thru the night will give you the most peaceful, colorful and relaxing dreams you have had in a long time.


So for those that have trouble sleeping I urge you to try this approach instead of pills, alcohol etc. It has worked for me and still does to this day.

Sleep Tight!

Peace


edit on 31-3-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)




posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


S&F Jude!!! Makes sense to me!

Will you give me permissions to scream at you after I can't find Lost in Space????
/joke

But I am definitely off to search for it!



posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by jude11
 


S&F Jude!!! Makes sense to me!

Will you give me permissions to scream at you after I can't find Lost in Space????
/joke

But I am definitely off to search for it!


Thanks...and no you don't have permission.


The best thing about this approach is that you don't even have to watch it, just listen quietly.

Peace



posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


...zzzzzzZZZ..HuH?...Yeah, I'm awake, I',m awake!

Thanks, jude. Just your description of that made me want my Sunday afternoon nap. What works for me is picturing the quiet heavy snowfalls we used to get when I was a kid back in Oklahoma. I'd go out in the woods and just listen to the world all muffled and silent. It was so quiet you could hear the snowflakes as they pelted the dead tree branches, like a very light rain.

(Damn. Now I DO want that nap. Later....)



posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
i just have sex with my gf and then i am tired and go to sleep.



posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
i just have sex with my gf and then i am tired and go to sleep.


Lucky her...


You might want to learn this technique tho...just in case.


Peace



posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Great idea, OP!

I grew up in the country, with the sound of crickets lulling me to sleep. For a few years I lived in the city and slept poorly...when we moved back to the country and I could hear the crickets again, it transported me back to my peaceful, happy childhood.

S&F



posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Great idea, OP!

I grew up in the country, with the sound of crickets lulling me to sleep. For a few years I lived in the city and slept poorly...when we moved back to the country and I could hear the crickets again, it transported me back to my peaceful, happy childhood.

S&F


It's something about feeling warm, safe, stress free and happy that allows us to rest well. For me it's almost impossible if I don't have the toons playing in my ears. It just transports me back to those days.

Peace



posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ex_CT2
reply to post by jude11
 


...zzzzzzZZZ..HuH?...Yeah, I'm awake, I',m awake!

Thanks, jude. Just your description of that made me want my Sunday afternoon nap. What works for me is picturing the quiet heavy snowfalls we used to get when I was a kid back in Oklahoma. I'd go out in the woods and just listen to the world all muffled and silent. It was so quiet you could hear the snowflakes as they pelted the dead tree branches, like a very light rain.

(Damn. Now I DO want that nap. Later....)


I remember those sounds as well. Sounds of...nothing.
All is good and well with the World in that moment.

Peace



posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


well yabba dabba do !!!!!
)))

I like body heat while spooning ...



glad to hear your sleeping Jude

running with the wolves



posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by chagahunter
reply to post by jude11
 


well yabba dabba do !!!!!
)))

I like body heat while spooning ...



glad to hear your sleeping Jude

running with the wolves


Thanks ChagaHunter.

My body heat at night is so intense that I have to sleep without the co0vers. And if someone tries to spoon....GO AWAY!!!! Not when I'm watching The FlintStones!


PEace



posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Intriguing. I'll try it. Maybe it will help alleviate my constant nightmares.

G1 Transformers cartoons and Star Trek... here I come.


Peace.



posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
Intriguing. I'll try it. Maybe it will help alleviate my constant nightmares.

G1 Transformers cartoons and Star Trek... here I come.


Peace.


Well, it ain't the Flintstones but...


Good Luck and sleep tight! Let us know how it goes.

Peace


edit on 31-3-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I've had some success with this, I used to crawl in my parents bed when I was a kid having nightmares and they'd put looney toons on. (I mean the older ones that were made long before I was born)

And a few times since reaching my 30s I've had a hard time getting sleep and came across looney toons on cable and it just seemed right. Tried it and it worked for me back then so I'm sure It'll work now.



posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewsWorthy
I've had some success with this, I used to crawl in my parents bed when I was a kid having nightmares and they'd put looney toons on. (I mean the older ones that were made long before I was born)

And a few times since reaching my 30s I've had a hard time getting sleep and came across looney toons on cable and it just seemed right. Tried it and it worked for me back then so I'm sure It'll work now.


Absolutly!

Looney toons works for me as well. I've also tried The Jetsons (same producers as Flintstones...Hanna Barbara)

All good...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ)

Peace



posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Another way which works well and does not disturb others who may not want to hear your music.


Go to bed, try not to fall asleep. Concentrate on not falling asleep.

You'd be surprised at the result.



posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I am gonna find me some Bigfoot and Wild Boy youtube videos and test this out.

No not a cartoon, but without a doubt a Saturday morning 70's style childhood memory.

I guess if all else fails, I can resort to some classic Thundar The Barbarian saturday morning cartoons. ~$heopleNation
edit on 1-4-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO



posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Such a great idea I personally loved saturday cartoons reminds me of lazy lay around days
with nothing to worry about but making your bed !!!! I watched a few full episodes last year of "Lost In Space" last year on Hulu not sure if they are still there but for anyone interested check it out.



posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I do something similar, though it's not 80's cartoons i watch. I get far too wrapped up in them that I cant sleep while watching them. I watch doco's that i'm mildly interested in. Especially those ones with droning voices. I put a playlist of them on, and BAM!!! asleep within 10 minutes usually. Then start dreaming about them, but then those dreams give me some inspiration.



posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


Y'know something? I feel like I'd be happy if I slept to Ed Edd n Eddy every night... then again, Ed Edd n Eddy is amazing no matter what sense its used in.

Might try it... I usually have trouble maintaining a usual sleeping routine. Sometimes I sleep for a day straight, and sometimes (like right now) I'm up for two days straight, wired on lethal amounts of caffeine just so I can stay awake long enough to do school work, take my little cousins to the park when they get out of school, and stay up all night to catch up on said school work. Honestly, I wish I didn't have to sleep... but its the burden of being human, I guess. Have to recharge.

Thanks for the tip, Jude.





new topics
top topics
 
23
<<   2 >>

log in

join


Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum