It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"God is love", What more do you want him to be?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
What am I asking you to believe? God is love. I want you to believe that everything you have ever done both good and bad were situations that you were placed in by a loving God. And although you may not understand how what you have been through relates to love, it does not make his love for you any less.

Jesus came with the "good news" God is love. This is why Paul says I can do anything but not everything is good for me.

We have been given free will to pursue whatever we like. If we pursue things against love, sin, than we will not find love. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of love. The spirit of love is always around us. The bible says that you must completely pursue love. For the one that allows himself to fully pursue love the Spirit of love will no longer be a fleeting spirit but will make its permanent home within you.

You can pursue God's Jealousy and go against love and you will receive the spirit of jealousy, anger, rage, lust, whatever you pursue. Or you can pursue love and receive the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of love. The choice is yours. All of the profits agree, the pursuit of love is the pursuit of God. Because as revealed in the NT God is love.

Although I do not believe that I can fully define love/God I do know both are one in the same. I will provide you with scripture that backs up my most important claim.

"If you pursue love you will find love" -sacgamer

Exodus 20:4-6 4 “You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

You shall not pursue anything above love. I am the lord your God. I will punish those who pursue sin to the third and fourth generation but to those who pursue love and keep my commandments I will show love to for a thousand generations.

Daniel 9:4 I prayed to the Lord my God and made confession, saying, “O Lord, the great and awesome God, who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments

Deuteronomy 7:9 Know therefore that the Lord your God is God, the faithful God who keeps covenant and steadfast love with those who love him and keep his commandments, to a thousand generations,

Deuteronomy 11:1 “You shall therefore love the Lord your God and keep his charge, his statutes, his rules, and his commandments always.

Deuteronomy 10:12-13 “And now, Israel, what does the Lord your God require of you, but to fear the Lord your God, to walk in all his ways, to love him, to serve the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, and to keep the commandments and statutes of the Lord, which I am commanding you today for your good.

Exodus 15:13 “You have led in your steadfast love the people whom you have redeemed; you have guided them by your strength to your holy abode.

Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Joshua 22:5 Only be very careful to observe the commandment and the law that Moses the servant of the Lord commanded you, to love the Lord your God, and to walk in all his ways and to keep his commandments and to cling to him and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul.”

Song of Solomon 8:6-7 Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm, for love is strong as death, jealousy is fierce as the grave. Its flashes are flashes of fire, the very flame of the Lord. Many waters cannot quench love, neither can floods drown it. If a man offered for love all the wealth of his house, he would be utterly despised.

Set love as a seal upon your heart. Love is as strong as death, jealousy is fierce as the grave. Pursue love and you will find love. Pursue what is against love and you will find the jealousy of God. He causes both the good and the bad pursue what is right and turn from the jealous flames of the lord. And do not think you can buy love, love can only be found by those who pursue love.

Leviticus 19:18 You shall not take vengeance or bear a grudge against the sons of your own people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the Lord.

Leviticus 19:34 You shall treat the stranger who sojourns with you as the native among you, and you shall love him as yourself, for you were strangers in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.

Hosea 12:6 "So you, by the help of your God, return, hold fast to love and justice, and wait continually for your God.”

Jeremiah 31:3 The Lord appeared to him from far away. I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.

Isaiah 54:10 For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast love shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed,” says the Lord, who has compassion on you.

2 Chronicles 7:3 When all the people of Israel saw the fire come down and the glory of the Lord on the temple, they bowed down with their faces to the ground on the pavement and worshiped and gave thanks to the Lord, saying, “For he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever.”

Joshua 23:11 Be very careful, therefore, to love the Lord your God.

Proverbs 3:3 Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you; bind them around your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart.
Proverbs 8:17 I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me.
Proverbs 10:12 Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses.
Proverbs 15:17 Better is a dinner of herbs where love is than a fattened ox and hatred with it.
Proverbs 17:9 Whoever covers an offense seeks love, but he who repeats a matter separates close friends.
Proverbs 17:17 A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity.
Proverbs 21:21 Whoever pursues righteousness and kindness will find life, righteousness, and honor.

Psalm 31:23 Love the Lord, all you his saints! The Lord preserves the faithful but abundantly repays the one who acts in pride.
Psalm 59:16 But I will sing of your strength; I will sing aloud of your steadfast love in the morning. For you have been to me a fortress and a refuge in the day of my distress.
Psalm 63:3 Because your steadfast love is better than life, my lips will praise you.
Psalm 69:36 The offspring of his servants shall inherit it, and those who love his name shall dwell in it.
Psalm 85:10 Steadfast love and faithfulness meet; righteousness and peace kiss each other.
Psalm 86:5 For you, O Lord, are good and forgiving, abounding in steadfast love to all who call upon you.
Psalm 86:15 But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.
Psalm 97:10 O you who love the Lord, hate evil! He preserves the lives of his saints; he delivers them from the hand of the wicked.
Psalm 145:20 The Lord preserves all who love him, but all the wicked he will destroy.
Psalm 103:11 For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his steadfast love toward those who fear him;

Matthew 5:43-48 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven. For he makes his sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the

Matthew 6:24 “No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money.

Matthew 19:19 Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Matthew 22:36-40 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” And he said to him, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets.”

Mark 12:28-30 And one of the scribes came up and heard them disputing with one another, and seeing that he answered them well, asked him, “Which commandment is the most important of all?” Jesus answered, “The most important is, ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’

Mark 12:31 The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Mark 12:33 And to love him with all the heart and with all the understanding and with all the strength, and to love one's neighbor as oneself, is much more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.”

Luke 6:27 “But I say to you who hear, Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,

Luke 6:31 And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.

Luke 6:35 But love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return, and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High, for he is kind to the ungrateful and the evil.

Luke 10:25-37 And behold, a lawyer stood up to put him to the test, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” He said to him, “What is written in the Law? How do you read it?” And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.” And he said to him, “You have answered correctly; do this, and you will live.” But he, desiring to justify himself, said to Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?” ...

Luke 11:42 “But woe to you Pharisees! For you tithe mint and rue and every herb, and neglect justice and the love of God. These you ought to have done, without neglecting the others.

John 3:16-17 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him

For God so loved the world he sent his son to teach man how to love one another. Anyone who is willing to trust in and believe in the pursuit of love shall not perish but have eternal life. God did not send his son to condemn the world but to save us through him. We must not simply believe we must put the words to action, we must do what he said. We must pursue love as if it is the only thing worth pursuing. Love IS the only thing worth pursuing, so to pursue love is to pursue Christ. He is the gift of love and the promise of love from the father. God's love is for all, but only those that pursue love will find it.

John 13:34-35 A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

John 14:15 “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

John 14:21-24 Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.” Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, “Lord, how is it that you will manifest yourself to us, and not to the world?” Jesus answered him, “If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but the Father's who sent me.

John 15:9-13 As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full. “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends.

John 15:17 These things I command you, so that you will love one another.

John 16:27 For the Father himself loves you, because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.

John 17:26 I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them.”

John 21:17 He said to him the third time, “Simon, son of John, do you love me?” Peter was grieved because he said to him the third time, “Do you love me?” and he said to him, “Lord, you know everything; you know that I love you.” Jesus said to him, “Feed my sheep.

Romans 5:5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

Romans 5:8 But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose.

Romans 8:38-39 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God (that we find in following) Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 12:9 Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good.

Romans 12:10 Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.

Romans 13:8-10 Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

1 Corinthians 13:1-13 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.
4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

1 Corinthians 16:14 Let all that you do be done in love.

1 Corinthians 14:1 Pursue love, and earnestly desire the spiritual gifts, especially that you may prophesy.

2 Corinthians 8:7-8 But as you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in all earnestness, and in our love for you—see that you excel in this act of grace also. I say this not as a command, but to prove by the earnestness of others that your love also is genuine.

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
Galatians 5:6 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision counts for anything, but only faith working through love

Galatians 5:13-14 For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another. For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Ephesians 4:2 With all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love,

Ephesians 4:15 Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ,

Ephesians 4:32 Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God (through doing the things Christ taught) forgave you.

Ephesians 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

Ephesians 6:24 Grace be with all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with love incorruptible. (Grace to all who pursue the incorruptible love shown to us by our Lord Jesus Christ).

Philippians 1:9 And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment,

Philippians 2:2 Complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind.

Philippians 4:1 Therefore, my brothers, whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm thus in the Lord, my beloved.

Colossians 1:4 Since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and of the love that you have for all the saints,

Colossians 1:8 And has made known to us your love in the Spirit.

Colossians 1:28 Him we proclaim, warning everyone and teaching everyone with all wisdom, that we may present everyone mature in (the understanding of love, and the pursuit of love)Christ

Colossians 2:2 That their hearts may be encouraged, being knit together in love, to reach all the riches of full assurance of understanding and the knowledge of God's mystery, which is Christ,

Colossians 3:14-15 And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful.

1 Thessalonians 1:3 Remembering before our God and Father your work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Timothy 1:5 The aim of our charge is love that issues from a pure heart and a good conscience and a sincere faith.

1 Thessalonians 3:12 And may the Lord make you increase and abound in love for one another and for all, as we do for you,

1 Thessalonians 4:9 Now concerning brotherly love you have no need for anyone to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love one another,

1 Thessalonians 5:8 But since we belong to the day, let us be sober, having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and for a helmet the hope of salvation.

2 Thessalonians 3:5 May the Lord direct your hearts to the love of God and to the steadfastness of Christ.

1 Timothy 1:14 And the grace of our Lord overflowed for me with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.

1 Timothy 4:12 Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.

1 Timothy 6:10-11 For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evils. It is through this craving that some have wandered away from the faith and pierced themselves with many pangs. But as for you, O man of God, flee these things. Pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, steadfastness, gentleness.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.

2 Timothy 1:13 Follow the pattern of the sound words that you have heard from me, in the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.

2 Timothy 2:22 So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart.

2 Timothy 3:3 Heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good,

Titus 3:15 All who are with me send greetings to you. Greet those who love us in the faith. Grace be with you all.

Philemon 1:5 Because I hear of your love and of the faith that you have toward the Lord Jesus and for all the saints,

Philemon 1:9 Yet for love's sake I prefer to appeal to you—I, Paul, an old man and now a prisoner also for Christ Jesus—

Hebrews 6:10 For God is not unjust so as to overlook your work and the love that you have shown for his name in serving the saints, as you still do.

Hebrews 10:24 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works,

James 1:12 Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.

James 2:5 Listen, my beloved brothers, has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom, which he has promised to those who love him?

James 2:8 If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,” you are doing well.

1 Peter 1:8 Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory,

1 Peter 1:22 Having purified your souls by your obedience to the truth for a sincere brotherly love, love one another earnestly from a pure heart,

1 Peter 2:17 Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor.

1 Peter 3:8 Finally, all of you, have unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, and a humble mind.

1 Peter 4:8 Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins.

2 Peter 1:7 And godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love.

1 John 2:5 But whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him:

1 John 2:15 Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

1 John 3:1 See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God; and so we are. The reason why the world does not know us is that it did not know him.

1 John 3:11 For this is the message that you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

1 John 3:14 We know that we have passed out of death into life, because we love the brothers. Whoever does not love abides in death.

1 John 3:16 By this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for the brothers.

1 John 3:17 But if anyone has the world's goods and sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against him, how does God's love abide in him?

1 John 3:18 Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.

1 John 3:23-24 And this is his commandment, that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us. Whoever keeps his commandments abides in God, and God in him. And by this we know that he abides in us, by the Spirit whom he has given us.

1 John 4:7-8 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love.

1 John 4:9-10 In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

1 John 4:11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

1 John 4:16-19 So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. By this is love perfected with us, so that we may have confidence for the day of judgment, because as he is so also are we in this world. There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. We love because he first loved us.

1 John 4:20 If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen.

1 John 4:21 And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.

1 John 4:12 No one has ever seen God; if we love one another, God abides in us and his love is perfected in us.

1 John 5:1 Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God, and everyone who loves the Father loves whoever has been born of him.

1 John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments.

1 John 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome.

2 John 1:5 And now I ask you, dear lady—not as though I were writing you a new commandment, but the one we have had from the beginning—that we love one another.

2 John 1:6 And this is love, that we walk according to his commandments; this is the commandment, just as you have heard from the beginning, so that you should walk in it.

Jude 1:21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life.

edit on 31-3-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I would have to agree with you. Although some explenation of the differance with the three types of love in those passages would be nice.

Cheers!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

"God is love", What more do you want him to be?

Hmmm? How about:

Nonviolent. (killer floods n' stuff)
Nonthreatening. (love me or go to hell)
Able to shut down oppressive religions.
Able to stop the killing in his name.
Able to give clear evidence of his existence that everyone can see and hear and understand without some arrogant, selfish, greedy know-it-all translating His messages to fit his own evil agenda.

And, oh yeah, just ONCE (JUST ONCE!!!) miraculously regrow someone's lost arm or leg!

Thought of more:

Tell god to stop throwing gays in hell.
And stop giving dead Muslims 72 virgins!

edit on 3/31/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

That is a choice too. But let me ask you this? How can anyone make a change? I am not asking, nor even requiring that you believe even one word of the bible. But rather you believe me. Not because I have some supper connection to God but because I approach you with logic and reason.

If you pursue love you will find love. Do you agree?
If you hurt someone you have failed love. Do you agree?
Make what was wrong right, even if your best is a heartfelt apology, and love will return. Do you agree?

Pursue love and find love.

Sit around and be indifferent and find nothing.

I am offering you a choice that requires no faith except faith in your ability to love one another. Are you willing to put love first, it is a choice we must make together. One cannot have love while another is without. Love will only be made perfect when all have found love. To love one another is the evolution of the spiritual man. It matters not how you get to love only that you find a path that leads to it.

I am not offering you anything that should separate us. I have to give credit to Jesus because he said it first. If they were my words I would take credit for them. I only repeat what he has taught me through his words. I am sorry this creates a stumbling block, but I am not here to convert you.

I only want you to love.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Love is just one of the things God is. According to the Gospel of the Nazarenes (which I've never found a reason to disbelieve), he's made up of four trinities of characteristics, as follows:
  1. Power, Love, & Wisdom
  2. Truth, Goodness, & Beauty
  3. Justice, Knowledge, & Purity
  4. Splendor, Compassion, & Holiness
"And these four Trinities are One in the hidden Deity, the Perfect, the Infinite, the Onely." Perfect infinite oneness. Nice concept. Also interesting... "This is the Mystery of the Trinity in Humanity, and moreover in every individual child of man must be accomplished the mystery of God, ever witnessing to the light, suffering for the truth, ascending into Heaven, and sending forth the Spirit of Truth. And this is the path of salvation, for the kingdom of God is within." Making all twelve of those characteristics a part of yourself is something everyone should strive for... and "Beauty" might not mean what you think it means...

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

I expect of him:
Integrity
Honor
Answer prayers in the affirmative, heck answer them at all.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thought Provoker

Power, Love, & Wisdom
Truth, Goodness, & Beauty
Justice, Knowledge, & Purity
Splendor, Compassion, & Holiness

Love is the ultimate source of Power, love conquers all.
There is no greater wisdom than the knowledge of love.
The truth can only be found in love.
Only love is good.
Only love is beautiful.
Only love is Just.
Only love is pure.
There is no splendor apart from love.
The fruit of love is compassion.
To pursue love is to pursue holiness.

There is a reason that the bible says God is love. To believe anything more than this is fine but we only need to agree that God is love. To find God one must only pursue love, because God is love. Love has many attributes but these attributes make up one love. A love that is in unity with itself and anyone who pursues love.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Treespeaker
I would have to agree with you. Although some explenation of the differance with the three types of love in those passages would be nice.

Cheers!

I prefer to see only one type of love. Unconditional love. Love may have many attributes and may be seen in different lights but unconditional love is the only true love. The love of the father and the son and the spirit of love are all one in the same, they are all poured out equally on anyone who would pursue love. Not that unconditional love needs anything from you but there is one rule.

Yes unconditional love has one condition.

You must pursue love to know unconditional love. Not that you must pursue love for God to love you unconditionally. Jesus already secured this promise for you on the cross, whether you believe it or not the son has promised you unconditional love from the father. If you are not faithful he remains faithful to you. Still, you must pursue love for the spirit of love to dwell within.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

He says he only answers prayers said in his name. His name is love. Pray for gifts of love and you will receive them. Pray for gifts of the flesh and you may receive those also but only the gifts received in love bring love. The gifts of love our the knowledge and wisdom to love, pray for those gifts and pursue love and you will find that love is the only thing worth praying for.
edit on 1-4-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Nice quoting from the bible....

So you conclude that God is "love". So why would God condemn people of the same sex from that very love you claim God is for?

Being gay is a form of love too yet the bible explicitly condemns it. I'm sure you know of the very quote of which I mean.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
reply to post by rangersdad

He says he only answers prayers said in his name. His name is love. Pray for gifts of love and you will receive them. Pray for gifts of the flesh and you may receive those also but only the gifts received in love bring love. The gifts of love our the knowledge and wisdom to love, pray for those gifts and pursue love and you will find that love is the only thing worth praying for.
edit on 1-4-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

Based on personal experience, he doesnt answer those prayers at all either....
So what good is love, if you dont have the rest????

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeverForget

Nice quoting from the bible....

So you conclude that God is "love". So why would God condemn people of the same sex from that very love you claim God is for?

Being gay is a form of love too yet the bible explicitly condemns it. I'm sure you know of the very quote of which I mean.

Anyone who breaks the law is under the law because the law is for lawbreakers. Anyone who follows Grace, the pursuit of unconditional love, will not break the law because by nature love does not go against the law. This is what Paul said and what Jesus said.

Because God is love. Unconditional love. Paul understood this when he said I can do anything but not everything is good for me. You can do anything that you are permitted to do, you have free will. Your father would not permit you to do anything that would prevent him from loving you so you can know that you are always loved. This is what the bible says.

Here is the problem. Knowing that you are forgiven through the unconditional love from God should not be considered a license to sin, but rather a calling to be holly. The Holy Spirit is the spirit of love. The spirit of love is always close to us, but the promise from Christ if you pursue love the spirit of love will make its home with you.

It is not for me to decide what law you live by, nor is it for me to decide what is or isn't clean in God's eyes. If what you do prevents you from fully pursing love than you will not find love. My advice to any couple, gay or straight. If you pursue sex/lust that is the deepest your relationship will be, you will not find love. If you pursue love apart from sexuality you will find love. My advice, pursue love over sexuality so that you find the truth for yourself. Only God can answer your question, but only when you pursue love will you find your answer.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I want your God to tell/order/command his followers to stop throwing around the word 'love' so arbitrarily and carelessly when it's evidently clear they really haven't ever experienced true love....

new topics

top topics

join