It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Scientist Predicts Ice Age Coming (it's here now!)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Sucks for people in Britan. Here in Arizona it was 97F where I live... so plenty hot atm.

I would love being 20F cooler

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

See my post on the previous page, we are still in the last ice age from 30m years ago, when the ice starts working its way out (which most people think is an ice age) it is called a glacial period.

Edit:

Glacial period:

glacial period (or alternatively glacial or glaciation) is an interval of time (thousands of years) within an ice age that is marked by colder temperatures and glacier advances. Interglacials, on the other hand, are periods of warmer climate between glacial periods.

Ice age:

Quaternary glaciation, also known as the Pleistocene glaciation, the current ice age or simply the ice age, refers to the period from 2.58 Ma (million years ago) to present, in which permanent ice sheets were established in Antarctica and perhaps Greenland, and fluctuating ice sheets occurred elsewhere (for example, the Laurentide ice sheet).

edit on 31/3/13 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
It is easy to let weather determine how you feel about the data. When I posted this morning it was cold (about 8 C)and we had the heaters on for a bit. It has turned out to be a nice afternoon and the temp has got to about 20 C. I notice that I feel differently about the reports depending on the weather.

What many of you have been talking about is weather not climate. We have just gone through our second hottest summer on record, last month's temperatures were 4 C above average, but the hottest March was 5 C above average. When you think that it probably works the other way too, that is a lot of variation - 8 degrees. So even in a glacial period where temperatures drop by an average of 2 C you are still going to get some warm summers, 2 C above current average, but also some very cold ones no doubt and more of them. It will take a few decades for the trend to become obvious. Even the report mentions the 11 year cycle and the 200 year cycle and there are others.

The scientist in the report is basing his predictions on solar activity, this was the way to predict weather trends (in Aus at least) till about 15 years ago, it led to many of the tools long term weather forecasters use in this country and they are pretty accurate. The man who discovered the 11 year cycle was an Australian who also discovered el Nino, he and his family lost their farm when he was 15 due to drought, this was in about 1898 I think. He vowed to discover ways to predict weather trends.

My biggest challenge will be that it usually gets drier and colder at the same time. We have enough heat here but not enough water. But that could change as well.

Might be a good idea to invest in shares of energy companies and thermal clothing companies anyway.
edit on 1/4/13 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Does this also mean Mammoths are coming back too?

I miss them...

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This is very interesting considering that a year ago I had a dream that it was snowing really bad and it was really cold. The man on the radio had annonced to the people that we were entering our 6th ice age or stage 6 ice age. And before I woke up it got so could and materials that normally wouldnt freeze began to froze. And the fact that i always think about it and how it always come to mind interest me. Earlier today it was snowing where I live actually. But yeah I want just looking for some type of proof thiscould happen, but dont think I want it too. I honest to god don't.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Ice age is comming. First earth has radical temp changes, the drought is global, europe every year you say ice age ice age snow and freezing temps not normal, EVERY year. Its funny you all forget in less then 6 months what you experienced the prior season's.
Infact upwards to 3/4th the globe is under drought conditions. The average earth temp has risen 2 degrees in the past decade. Ice caps melting and breaking off at all time records,.
All that i listed are precursors to a mini ice age. Using usa as a model i think folks living from around the middle of colorado that line extending east to West, south will not experience the full mini ice age but will have more extremely cold winters. I think it could happen around 2020-2025. Lasting up to a century, then the full glibal warming will be on.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Food for a thought: I was randomaly thinking and dont debunk what I say just understand it. What if the Mayans werent wrong and what if were wrong. What if the doomsday i.s coming, hack it probably is and we just dont know when because we wont. Lets face it we will never know when we hit an apocalypse, which is why I ignore it. Anyways the Mayans says and research says we're coming out of our 5th and final cycle, and scientist says the Earth is currently in an interglacial period of the Quaternary Ice Age, with the last glacial period of the Quaternary having ended approximately 10,000 years ago. More articles about the mayan 6th cycle explains how us entering the cycle of the sun is beginning to cause these eruptions and catastrophic events. So what Im trying to say is, what if the mayan doomsday and the bringing of a new ice age run hand in hand. I beileve for the first time that this is possible mostly because of that random dream I had with no knowlege of the ice ages and the stage we were in. Oh and just because the earths temperture rose 2 degrees proves nothing. Remember the day after tomorrow (i think it's called that), and how the earth got hot then it froze over and got warm again. The earth has many powers and can fo many things, for instance: in niagara falls last week it was pretty warm for a few days (44 to 56°), then the temperature dropped to 28 to 30 and it snowed, and now for the past two days its been been snowing on and off.
edit on 04/01/2013 by GoldenEmerald94 because: spelled something wrong

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

Bears in northern California (Mendocino County) started coming out of hibernation on March 20, 2013.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
If we do have another ice age, at least saint Peters square in Venice wont get flooded every time there is a rain shower.
According to climate depot reports, average temperatures have not changed for the last 15 years, so much for global warming. And arctic and antarctic sea ice is increasing, according to reports in climate depot.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join