It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Scientist Predicts Ice Age Coming (it's here now!)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I know there was a thread about the Ice Age coming 2 months ago but it was from a different source and I don't think anyone would have seen my post as the last one was 2 months ago.

I actually believe this guy as he is using the data we were using 15 or so years ago (before everyone went crazy with CO2) to predict global climate. Add to what he says that the expected sun spot peak this year has been a no show so far, and I think he is right.

Prof Warns Mini Ice Age Has Started

There are a couple of other sources too, but this is the best one I found.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Thx op,
Wondering how Geoengineering is going to prevent it

Sencond-ish.
edit on 3/31/2013 by zooplancton because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Good job I bought a job lot of jumpers then

I used to have a dream years back where some old dude kept telling me invest in arctic gear....maybe my dream old dude was right.
edit on 31-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

good man! that will keep you fine in the middle of an ice age so it will,

we should all go do the same...

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Well if an ice age happens ,I for one plan to help that poor squirrel,
I feel bad for it, it just wants that dang nut!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Good job I bought a job lot of jumpers then

I used to have a dream years back where some old dude kept telling me invest in arctic gear....maybe my dream old dude was right.
edit on 31-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

Are you cold? I am absolutely sick of this freezing cold weather we're having in Brit. Its odd for March/April. I absolutely would believe an ice age is here, shes says wiping away icy stalignites from her nose.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Coldest easter on record here in the UK, I got my jumpers on and no heating as me Grandad used to say "If you are cold put another jumper on "

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Ice Age?

You don't live in Florida then! We didn't have winter. It is non existent!! I can count on two hands the amount of cold days we have had and by cold I mean at least 58F in the day and in the 30s at night a few times.

I would love an Ice Age to cometh to Florida.

Wouldn't an Ice Age mean freezing weather all over?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Cinrad

There is no ice age coming......the last one hasn't ended yet! ........we've been in an ice age for about the last 30 million years, so long as permanent ice sheets exists then so does an ice age.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
Thx op,
Wondering how Geoengineering is going to prevent it

Sencond-ish.
edit on 3/31/2013 by zooplancton because: (no reason given)

Yeah,. the fact that they are spraying tons of aluminum in the sky to "cool" the earth is
laughable at best,.
its more like an extermination of the human population than a concern for the earths temps.

see"What in the world are they spraying"

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Coldest easter on record here in the UK, I got my jumpers on and no heating as me Grandad used to say "If you are cold put another jumper on "

Yep, thats what i say to my kids, i cant afford to have the heating on all the time, so put on a jumper, they seem to have a problem understanding this. Kids are spoilt these days, when i was little, we didnt have central heating, just a coal fire in the living room, and im starting to sound like a monty python sketch..........

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Normally, I wouldn't publicly acknowledge grim news such as this, but seeing as we are now in April and on the first day of British summer time, and snow predicted to fall in a number of areas through the coming week, one can only conclude that we are getting our first taste of the coming Maunder Minimum. Summer will arrive this year, but it will be late and short lived, and I would expect to see each subsequent winter to become gradually harsher and remain as extended as it has been this year. I reckon we may see snowfalls in Britain during June and July within 5 years time?

It might well be hard to gauge the effect a Maunder Mininum ice age may have upon the Britain of today, but there's no doubt the deeper we get into it, the more damaging it will be. I would not like to be around in fifty years, and fortunately I won't be. The coming years look like they are going to provide some bitterly cold winters, but at least the electricity and gas companies will be rubbing their hands with glee, as more and more households extend their useage of heaters and fires, which of course will place a massive strain upon the whole grid system. Now would be a good time to begin replacing your heating systems to wood burning stoves and ovens, if you can afford it. Begin to look at the feasible options of cutting off your gas supply, and vastly reducing your electricity supply useage for the short and long term future.

You might also want to look at your bedding and blankets and your clothing. Outdoor country clothing may well be the way to go. Use its sports range for base layers, and good quality weatherproof outer layers, water resistant trousers and fleeces, good walking socks and boots...and don't forget quality gloves and hats.

Next thing to look at is the structure of your house and its water pipe and toilet systems. Are the walls sound and damp free, is there any plastering required, any insulating to be done, cracks to be repaired, etc. When these winters hit it will be no good to begin such work then. Cracks retain moisture, and winter will freeze and expand it, enlarging the crack. Check your pipes and their joints and seals, but no matter how good your system, the water will end up freezing in the road at some point. Britain's water infrastructure is ancient and requires huge investment to both fix leakages and upgrade the system.

Make sure you have the tools to clear snow away from the external walls and pathways of your house, and also, plenty of thick rope which you can throw up onto thickly covered roofs of snow and drag it off. These are the things you may want to consider thinking about now and in readiness of what may be coming. If it doesn't happen, all well and good, but if it does, at least you have some preparation that might aid you and your family,

edit on 31/3/13 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Our Ice Age, should last another few thousand years. The very cold winter and spring in Western Europe might be due to the shrinking Arctic Ice.

First it was the fault of Punxsutawney Phil, the groundhog who mistakenly forecasted a quick end to winter. Now climate scientists are saying that Arctic sea ice—or the lack of it—is a driving force behind the Northern Hemisphere's unseasonably cold spring.

As Northern Hemisphere temperatures remain below normal more than a week into the official start of spring, a team of meteorologists and climate scientists are pointing to recent research that suggests sea ice cover is a likely culprit.

Recent imaging from the U.S. National Snow and Ice Data Center showed a historic minimum in Arctic ice cover last fall, and current data reveals that sea ice cover—which recently reached its maximum for the year—is at its sixth lowest extent in the satellite record. (Related: "Arctic Sea Ice Hits Record Low—Extreme Weather to Come?")

Less Arctic sea ice—which is caused by global warming—alters atmospheric circulation in a way that leads to more snow and ice, said climate scientist Jiping Liu, who led a 2012 study on the topic published by the Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences.

It's a tough thing to understand. Less ice at the top of the world, often considered the planet's thermostat, might normally signal warmer global temperatures, not colder ones.

But the way weather works isn't so simple. Without a substantial ice cover, Arctic wind is less constrained. The jet stream—the belt of cool air that regulates weather around most of the Northern Hemisphere—then dips farther and farther south, bringing cold air from the Arctic closer to the Equator.

The result is much colder weather dipping into the spring much longer, and more forcefully, than normal. (See a world map of potential global warming impacts.)

National Geographic
edit on 31-3-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
The last time i looked at the gulf stream current it wasnt there.Correct me if i need new glasses.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I know people think that the british moan about thier weather, (we do:lol
, but this is not normal, its 2 degrees in my kitchen right now.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I know people think that the british moan about thier weather, (we do:lol, but this is not normal, its 2 degrees in my kitchen right now.

You are right....we Brits do complain about the weather, reason being the weather in Britain is damned unpredictable!....we get extremes at all times and seasons of the year...... as cold as it is now, I'm going to stick my neck out and predict that within the next 21 days we have temperatures of 70+ degrees.....then we will all be screaming "global warming" as the current buzz word

It's just weather......it's cold now.....but it'll be hot soon.....then it'll get cold again......and it'll rain a lot in between.....welcome to the great British weather!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
AFAIK, the Earth is still undergoing the last ice age from 30m years ago, this is because there is permanent ice sheets in the Antarctic/Arctic.......when people say they think we are heading towards the next ice age, they are actually referring to a new glacial period, not ice age..............I think.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Jiping Liu:

Less Arctic sea ice—which is caused by global warming—alters atmospheric circulation in a way that leads to more snow and ice...

Who is he trying to kid? This is really irksome to me and very annoying. Our weather systems are driven by the sun and the sun alone. The reason why we only have ice at the extreme polar regions is because the sun rarely gets to shine upon them, and when it does, the angle of the planet ensures each region receives weak solar radiation. Ice at the Antarctic is actually increasing, whereas the artic ice has seen formidable melt.

At first glance, logic might suggest that it provides evidence of so-called global warming in the norther hemisphere, afterall, it is the most industrial and polluted side of the planet. However, the normally expected jet stream pathways would tend to distribute both solar radiation from equatorial regions southwards and return northwards, and in the same process, dilute any added heat from alleged warming processes. Bear in mind that warming is supposed to be 'global', not just northern.

At the moment, the jet stream is looping up towards Greenland then looping down the western side of the British Isles and swinging through over the English Channel and Northern France. All this looping is pulling cold air down from the Northern extremes and East from Scandinavia and Russia. Normally expected pathways of our jet stream tend to look similar to the stable layers of coloured gas streams flowing across the surface of Jupiter.

Our problem is that our jet stream is no longer stably fixed in its usual pathway, it is meandering all over the place, and the reason for this, I suggest, is a reduction in heat from equatorial regions due to a reduction in TSI from the sun. In other words, there is less driving heat from the equatorial regions that fix the jet stream in normal pathway. If the sun was to return to normal TSI I would lay money on the jet stream returning to normal pathway not long after? Our climate disruption is not due to man's industrial activity and modern lifestyle, it is due to a reduction in energy we receive from the sun. The less heat we receive, the colder our planet becomes.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
First and foremost, I propose "fragile earth" be re-named "climatetardation".

Second of all, with all this 'expertise' in ATS on climatetardation, I also propose that the climatetards start posting predictions on temperatures or vectors and an accompanying date we should see this change. Hotter/Colder/whatever, if you got an inside track on the weather beat then put your money where your mouth is. When they get it wrong they get banned until they are right.

The same should be true of the 2012 Prediction people.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Not ice everywere, an ice age would mean that the process defined as climate change would be working toward a decrease in mean temperatures. That the poles would have been increasing and extending and with time most of Europe, Canada and northern US would be covered with ice glaciers (that would take a long time 1000 years). But there would be livable space near the equator. Well now we know why they are f# Greece and Cyprus its a land grab...

I do not believe in the ice age theory, the weather is f# its becoming inconstant and the temperatures in general have been higher not lower...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join