It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F22s moved to Korea

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) — U.S. F-22 stealth fighter jets arrived in South Korea on Sunday for exercises as part of an effort to demonstrate advanced military capabilities, seeking to deter provocations from North Korea, according to reports. The move come after North Korea warned South Korea earlier in the weekend that the Korean peninsula had entered a “state of war,” according to an Associated Press report. Pyongyang threatened to shut down a border factory that is a symbol of North and South Korean cooperation, according to the report.

www.marketwatch.com...

Now she's getting a bit nutz, especially with this Russian war drill..

I sense pre-emptive war started by the west.

I hope not, but I get the feeling Kim is venting and spouting for good reason. He's scared ^&%-less.

edit on 31-3-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Unfortunately, North Korea isn't going to see this as a "deterrent". They will see it as they see all US presence as an act of aggression and prelude to War.

S&F

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I totally disagree with anyone who says that the west is going to make the first strike.

Military exercises happen all the time every year; America is using this exercise as a show of force but nothing more. America is just flexing those biceps showing what DPRK they would be up against should they do anything stupid and making sure that American forces are primed to react. The fact that Russia also has an exercise ongoing just now is a total coincidence these exercises were planned even before the recent nuclear test.

edit on 31-3-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I agree with this assessment. The West wont strike first. They will though follow up with an attack, if NK strikes. NK has played that card too many times.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Okay, it's gotten to the point I have to start asking.... Just how much was planned in advance for these exercises and how long are they supposed to be going on? These have sure turned into LOOONG exercises for the amount of equipment and degree of effort going into it. I know the standard line from the Government right now is that anything, anything whatsoever, is part of preplanned or annual exercises ...but this is getting silly.

B-2's? Funny.. I'd seen nothing about those planned in advance. F-22's? Yeah, they mean the same planes that have been having all kinds of serious problems for a long time now, right? Do we have anything predating this week that mentions F-22's would be moving into South Korea for simple exercises?

I agree with others saying that the US won't hit first. Obama is literally insane if he WANTS this war. On the other hand, he's criminally negligent and good for impeachment if he does nothing to fortify the American and ROK positions there, under almost daily threats of general open war.

This is starting to be like Daddy Bush telling people the buildup in Saudi Arabia for Kuwait was just a friendly exercise with the Saudi Military back in 1990. Of course, it doesn't directly relate (for the super nit pickers we have around here lately) but it's equally silly, how much is being added to "preplanned exercises".

Anyone have anything to back any of these statements coming from the officials? If we can't find anything, neither can Kim ...and it's his feelings of being trapped in a corner with no way out that I'm concerned with.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I'm guessing (as a witless civilian with no information perks other than the msm)

-I'm guessing that the f~22 deployment wasn't in the cards when this years war game were planned.
edit on 31-3-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I haven't the faintest clue what this truly means to the Situation... But as to my personal opinion the F-22's are awesome, and worth every penny if we could only find pilots able to take it to the limit of its ability..
I don't think there will ever be a more advanced air foil made in the future. I think this thing is the limit of what that type of propulsion and lift can accomplish. By the time we will need something else we will be fighting wars in space and need entirely different types of flight/weapons. But that's just my opinion...

As for NK's reaction, I'm guessing this will be the last or next to last straw.... They'll probably try one of their cowardly attacks and then try and play the victim. But unfortunately I think it'll be to little to late and the world powers will get their excuse to reshape the world as they see fit.

Thanks for reading and you can buy my book whenever I decide to write one @ sendmeyourmoney.com

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The best response for the world is to ignore NK and do whatever they were doing, military excessive or not.

Just ignore the idiots. If you give attention an an attention freak they love it. Just ignore them.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
When I see proof of drones flying over there I'll jump on the WW3 band wagon till
then I'm screaming propaganda.

Yep UncieO loves drones, and calling people terrorists.

When you see drones or hear him say Korean terrorists its all over, but the crying.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
This might be the plot:

1) NK is the technology supplier for IRAN. As it is not easy to engage Iran upfront at this point of time, but what we can do is to cut its supply of critical technology, and reduce its capability build-up.

2) How to cut off NK? Its a closed society, which means, you can push false media out as much as you like. Create an illusion NK is gone mad, and bring world opinion on your side long before any potential engagement, and get NK tight sealed for the same reasons. Nothing in, nothing out.

3) Once NK is sealed - so is its ability to supply IRAN equally cut off. Mission accomplished. NK cannot get oil, nor rocketry, and Iran cannot get hold on nuke tech.

4) If a war breaks up - its just a bonus.

This is simply a win-win scenario. Everybody's happy (except NK & Iran).
edit on 1-4-2013 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by NewsWorthy

By the time we will need something else we will be fighting wars in space and need entirely different types of flight/weapons. But that's just my opinion...

Those same words were said in the 1980's.

Here's the real scoop on the whole situation. It's really simple and has been mentioned before but not really believed by the masses.

Military exercises are normal. They happen every year. There are pluses to having them near countries you might actually fight. Mainly you get to see how they reposition their forces. That gives you an idea of how they think and their capabilities.
Second it gives you the chance to exercise your newest equipment in tandom with your existing equipment. Do they work as expected? Did you bring the needed tools? Were things compatible.

As for Kim Jong Toddler:
He is doing what every dictator does. Consolidating his power.
You tell the people and the military personell that the country is about to be attacked. Or there is a new enemy at the gates. Those that do not snap to it or fully believe you, cannot be trusted. They will be removed from their position(s) by unforseen accidnets. What you are left with are those that accept your power unconditionally because they assume you solved the problem through fist shaking and you saved the country without getting into war. But you must create a new crisis every two years or less to keep the fear high and shake any loose nuts from the power tree.

new topics

top topics

join