It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music died today again...Ant and Dec top Uk number one slot.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Oh please I hated it the first time and I still hate it...for you guys not in the UK here it is.

I apologise for posting it and I want to say sorry to all music lovers on behalf of the UK people

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
LOL the 90s... I never see anyone with a butt-cut these days.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
In my opinion, modern music has become something akin to a homeopathic remedy: one talented artist in a sea of rubbish musicians. Listenable music is still being made...only it's becoming harder and harder to find it.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Looks like they've still got it anyway!
From last week...

I hate to admit it but I enjoyed watching that.
edit on 31-3-2013 by GalaxyEyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GalaxyEyes

Oh Bod help us I managed 35 sec....

Bod =

BTW.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
dear god...

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

You have to remember that the UK music charts are for the benefit of music companies to promote "pop" music to pre-teenies by manufacturing boy band and solo girl performers to each subsequent generation. There is no relationship between the music charts and talent. Not from the days of Jimmy Savile on TOTP has it been any different.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
There just arent any words to describe that, at least none that are allowed by the Ts&Cs.

Naughty monkey for making those of us who were lucky enough to get this far in lives without seeing it actually click on that link

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
sometimes it doesn't hurt to be stuck in the 70s and early 80s

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

If I had to live through it in 94 and now again you lot must at least once.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by radioboffin

You have to remember that the UK music charts are for the benefit of music companies to promote "pop" music to pre-teenies by manufacturing boy band and solo girl performers to each subsequent generation. There is no relationship between the music charts and talent. Not from the days of Jimmy Savile on TOTP has it been any different.

That is the real shame in all of this, talent should = sales. And you're right, that load posted isn't any more crap than what's been topping pop charts over the decades. Why do people love trash? Trash music, trash novels, trash soap-operas, trashy tabloid news stories. My own behavior is perplexing...I'm disgusted at the consumption of rubbish entertainment and instead of abstaining from it I will go indulge in it later this evening...
edit on 31-3-2013 by FatherStacks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

If I had to live through it in 94 and now again you lot must at least once.

You can tell your grandchildren that, back in your day, you had to walk to school in the snow, up-hill both ways. But the worst of it was living through the second coming of "Lets get ready to rhumble."

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Its called hype. If they promote and hype people rolling around in a stinking pile of garbage with a paid audiences cheering and clapping then it will be accepted as the thing to do. The more money that is put into it the more it will be accepted.

In the late 80's and early 90's a singer, trying to boost her career, had a banner with here name and photo everywhere, on the Internet. I had to ask in a forum who this person was. I was told that she was a bubble gum music star. Her name is Brittney Spears.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I'm kinda torn with this.....

Yes I hate it...but my kid's love it....and I would rather my kid's listen to some harmless tripe such as this than a lot of the overtly sexual song's that are everywhere! Especially my 11 year old girl who is at that age that she listen's to music a lot.I hate to admit it but there is a market for this kind of crap in my opinion ( did I really just say that?!)
In her defence she is a huge Queen's fan

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Ok I use my normal; M/O, I started the link. Them went down the post while listening, arrrrg this is the first time that I have ever went back to the OP, and stopped the music.

But while we are on apologies I believe I owe you one for the U2U I sent you of yoko ono's heart warming rendition of the stars bangle banner. Was this pay back?

Remember this? I am not a musical sadist.

Once again sorry, and I leave you with this.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

At least they are not promoting a criminal lifestyle. And they are not denigrating women. They could have used some guitar solos though.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Now if there was somebody there with a gun....oops wrong thread.

On second thought maybe this is the right thread.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I managed 30 secs and had to turn it off. It is worse than Justin Bieber

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

:shk:

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh! What is seen and heard and cannot be unseen and unheard!

Must seek ... must find ... CONTRAST!

. Stutter Rap - Morris Minor & Majors .[youtube.com]

Personal Disclosure: Don't make me link Bros - When Will I Be Famous!

edit on 1-4-2013 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix spacing.

edit on 1-4-2013 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to fix spelling.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
From the lowly heights of biker grove. "I canny see man"

They've done pretty well for themselves.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join