It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellowstone is shaking a little today.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ballymoney50
I always keep a check on Yellowstone and I live in N.Ireland, its just because I worry about my American friends on ATS I worry about flipping everything these days mind you

keep safe and also I have 2 spare rooms free if anyone needs them

If the caldera under Yellowstone ever goes BOOM, trust me, you'll hear about it without having to keep track of it. One third of the US will become completely destroyed, millions of people in the midwest will die, the world's entire grain supply will be gone in a week, and supposedly the soot and ash it will throw up into the atmosphere will kick off the next ice age.

I think something of that magnitude would be covered in the news.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

Originally posted by ballymoney50
I always keep a check on Yellowstone and I live in N.Ireland, its just because I worry about my American friends on ATS I worry about flipping everything these days mind you

keep safe and also I have 2 spare rooms free if anyone needs them

If the caldera under Yellowstone ever goes BOOM, trust me, you'll hear about it without having to keep track of it. One third of the US will become completely destroyed, millions of people in the midwest will die, the world's entire grain supply will be gone in a week, and supposedly the soot and ash it will throw up into the atmosphere will kick off the next ice age.

I think something of that magnitude would be covered in the news.

I think the only way Yellowstone goes BOOM is if the magnetic poles on the Earth flip.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   
there are a lot of magnetic irregularities now, so (i believe) the flip is coming. and the live magnetosphere simulation showed some really wacky things before they shut it down. however, i dont see how that might affect Yellowstone, so could you explain what makes you lean that way?

i think that the greatest risks to Yellowstone are earthquakes. sure, that area is always humming, but it has made some louder noises lately. i first found ATS a while ago looking for information on some 3+ mag Yellowstone quakes that had been "disappeared" from the quake feed. when theres a big quake elsewhere Yellowstone seems to hum for a long time after. its just my impression, i dont have supporting evidence assembled or anything.
edit on 2-4-2013 by OopzyDayzy because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join