Yellowstone is shaking a little today.

page: 1
17
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
2 from USGS but we all know how that goes.

But still, a 3 is notable in this area IMO.

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...



64 minutes ago
Magnitude: 3.2
DateTime: Sunday March 31 2013, 17:41:08 UTC
Region: Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
Depth: 13.5 km
Source: USGS Feed

64 minutes ago
Magnitude: 2.9
DateTime: Sunday March 31 2013, 17:41:10 UTC
Region: Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
Depth: 5 km
Source: USGS Feed

As long as this is it for now, all good.


Anymore and I'm a gonna sit up straight and take notice.


Peace




posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Jude, I've seen the raw data on it, and it is just one quake. USGS reflects this now.

It is about 23 km northeast of the epicenter of the big Hebgen Lake quake. Depth at 13.5 km. Doesn't appear to be on a known fault. We're all gonna die.



posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
At first they listed it as a 2.9 and then they raised it, which is unusual for them.

I noticed there was another in West Virginia. Fracking maybe? Dunno.

Speaking of Fracking.... I saw on here the other day where someone stated they were doing this around Yellowstone. I shrugged it off as bs... I mean.... surely NOT!

Now... I wonder if there is going to be a sick April Fools joke where only some of us live to laugh??
edit on 31-3-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Jude, I've seen the raw data on it, and it is just one quake. USGS reflects this now.

It is about 23 km northeast of the epicenter of the big Hebgen Lake quake. Depth at 13.5 km. Doesn't appear to be on a known fault. We're all gonna die.


Not a known fault?

DOOOOMMM!!!!


Seriously tho..

USGS again recorded 2 different depths, mags and locations...WTH?

Peace



posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
At first they lsited as a 2.7 and then they rasied it, which is unusual for them.

I noticed there was another in West Virginia. Fracking maybe? Dunno.

Speaking of Fracking.... I saw on here the other day where someone stated they were doing this around Yellowstone. I shrugged it off as bs... I mean.... surely NOT!

Now... I wonder if there is going to be a sick April Fools joke where only some of us live to laugh??


They raised the few off Cali yesterday as well. Not normal. Usually it's downgraded.

But everyone makes mistakes right?


Peace



posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


Nah, it probably just keyed the autolocating threshold first, came up as a 2.9 in auto mode, then was reviewed, and upped to 3.2...No biggie. But Ima watchin.
Like always.



posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Could the magma from Yellowstone be moving to the Long Valley Caldera?


If its a stupid question.... sorry. My teachers always told me not to worry about asking stupid questions... so it applies here.


The one in West Virginia is also of interest to me. It seems as if people in TX felt an EQ around the time of that quake?? I dunno whats going on, probably normal as normal can be... hoping its just little burps here and there.



posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to post by jude11
 


Nah, it probably just keyed the autolocating threshold first, came up as a 2.9 in auto mode, then was reviewed, and upped to 3.2...No biggie. But Ima watchin.
Like always.


Yup,

Gonna watch this today to see if there's anymore little shakers. One or 2...ok...more...Not so ok.


Peace



posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 

Jude, just a quick note as a fellow quake watcher. I love Global Incident for a lot of things....especially the disease/epidemic index. However, they are sloppy about one thing. They don't clean up their listings. So overlaps, double reports and bad data tends to stay along side the valid stuff.

On those Yellowstone listings, look at the time on them. :02 seconds apart.... I see the different depths, but the time would be what would get my ears up for a duplicate or a bad entry...

For what it's worth, I use USGS feeds on my own site and then heliplots from all over the nation and in another display, worldwide for verifications Heliplots are always the true read, whatever the computers interpret for index entries.



posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I always keep a check on Yellowstone and I live in N.Ireland, its just because I worry about my American friends on ATS I worry about flipping everything these days mind you

keep safe and also I have 2 spare rooms free if anyone needs them



posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by jude11
 

Jude, just a quick note as a fellow quake watcher. I love Global Incident for a lot of things....especially the disease/epidemic index. However, they are sloppy about one thing. They don't clean up their listings. So overlaps, double reports and bad data tends to stay along side the valid stuff.

On those Yellowstone listings, look at the time on them. :02 seconds apart.... I see the different depths, but the time would be what would get my ears up for a duplicate or a bad entry...

For what it's worth, I use USGS feeds on my own site and then heliplots from all over the nation and in another display, worldwide for verifications Heliplots are always the true read, whatever the computers interpret for index entries.


Yup,

Got caught on a few from GI. What I found different today was the location difference as well. Seemed like 2 different ones. Still a 3 is worth a watch for me tho.


BTW...

Happy Easter!





posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
The one in West Virginia is also of interest to me.


Yeah, you could probably chalk-up the one here in WV to fracking.



posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FatherStacks

Originally posted by MamaJ
The one in West Virginia is also of interest to me.


Yeah, you could probably chalk-up the one here in WV to fracking.


Nowadays, anything can be claimed by fracking when it's not acceptable as natural. Quakes, sinkholes, loud booming in the sky...Big Foot...
So how are people to know that something REAL is happening? They can't.


You're probably right tho.

Peace



posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11


Gonna watch this today to see if there's anymore little shakers. One or 2...ok...more...Not so ok.


Peace


Agree.

S&F for the update.

I have family visiting that area this week.



posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Quakes cool.
Though I thought this was a bit more interesting.



21:51 utc. (It showed on pretty much every sensor across the park.)

M.

edit on 31-3-2013 by Moshpet because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Well, tomorrow is April 1st, maybe Mother Nature is planning to pull a big one on us!



posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacobsLadder
Well, tomorrow is April 1st, maybe Mother Nature is planning to pull a big one on us!


Mother Nature is a fickle bitch and I don't believe she has a sense of humor.

Unless you look at a platypus I guess...


Peace



posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   
It's a live volcanic area and it's shaking a little ?



posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   
yellowstone "shaking a little" almost everyday.

what makes it so special this time?



posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitman47
yellowstone "shaking a little" almost everyday.

what makes it so special this time?


There is speculation that the current coronal holes on our sun are above and below

the new magnetic field forming . We will be taking a direct shot from those coronal

holes. The ripple effects may be a lot of earthquakes and possibly a

magnetic pole reversal on Earth. Our tectonic plates may be on the move very soon.

Safest place on Earth? Denver, Colorado





new topics
top topics
 
17
<<   2 >>

log in

join