It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellowstone Erupts Supervolcano?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
We've got some activity: earthquake.usgs.gov...

Plus a Mayan elder said the sun will be blocked for 60-70 hours today, could a Yellowstone eruption cause such a blockage?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Foobler

How will the sun be blocked. To my knowledge, there are only 24 hours in a day...so 60-70 hours today makes no sense. There is EQ activity every day on good old planet Earth.

Des

edit on 31-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Foobler

Your "some activity" is a very minor 3.2 single-occurance earthquake at yellowstone. A mere shake of the lamb's tail. etc.
edit on 31-3-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

So now Mayan math matters?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by Destinyone

So now Mayan math matters?

Well...sure it does. Especially, if as claimed by the OP, it's coming from a Mayan Elder. How elder is this Dude...is he elder in the sense of lost his mind due to old age. Or, elder as in...dead for centuries....

Clarity is not running rampant in this thread.....

Des

edit on 31-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Yellowstone is always worth a watch when we see or feel anything over a 3.0.

A total of 49 earthquakes of magnitude 3.0 or greater have occurred within 16 miles of the epicenter since 1962. The largest was a magnitude 4.2 on November 23, 2000.

We seem to have them often, especially the last decade. I wonder if its doing anything unusual as of late or just responding to all its cousins globally that are about to blow? lol

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
well my dog told me that the myan elder was wrong, that he was out smoking
his peace pipe last night and has not gained his senses yet.

But my snake tells me that the polar ice caps are going to explode tomorrow for
198 hours, and when they do a ship carrying plastic bags will be tossed up in the air
and the ice will go into the bags and we will all have free ice for our drinks...

Although my cat keeps rolling over on its back and telling me this is how you do the Dougie
now i dont believe any of them, so i am going to take a walk out into the woods and find
Mr Bear and ask him what his opinion is.

Sorry op, had to have some fun. i wouldn't worry any about it, now when you start seeing a lot
of quakes one right after the other, then its time to pay close attention.
And if that happens i'm going to buy a case of beer and fill the cooler and take a short drive to
Yellowstone and watch this thing go in person. None of this hide in your house crap, i'm close
enough if it goes, i'm screwed anyway, i might as well get some cool pic's for ATS.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Interesting because even all those old prophesies aside, the Yellowstone cauldron area is something we should keep an eye on. It's not a matter of 'if' but 'when' and it could really be most anytime.

As for the three days of darkness? Maybe it depends on literal interpretation... there are a lot of events that could create some dark days.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Well it's cloudy and rainy here is dreary NE Ohio. I haven't seen the sun all day. This guy's prediction only has about 55 hours to go to be spot on.

Creeeeeeeeeppppppyyyyyy.

Those kooky Mayans are so 2012.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foobler----->a Mayan elder said the sun will be blocked for 60-70 hours today, could a Yellowstone eruption cause such a blockage?

An American elder, this one a volcanologist told me that before a big event/caldera forming eruption we would see quake swarms and ground uplift on a scale never seen before.

Personally i don't think a 3,2 is worth losing any sleep over.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Foobler

Just my opinion (for what it's worth), but I doubt very much that the odd smallish quake in the mag 3 range means a great deal at Yellowstone. They do get quite a lot of quakes there, you know.

If we see a swarm of them, then it's probably worth taking note. But even then, there have been some pretty good swarms at YS in the past few years and they didn't lead to anything startling.

While a mega-eruption at YS is pretty unlikely, a much smaller, hydrothermal explosion could occur, especially if there is a failure beneath the lake there that allows large quantities of water to hit magma (or get close to it). Last time it happened it helped to enlarge the lake. It was pretty recent, too -- geologically speaking. It happened about 13,800 years ago and created a crater about 1.5 miles wide in what's now known as the Mary Bay area.

However even in the case of another, similar hydrothermal explosion, while there would be quite a bang it wouldn't cause major harm beyond the local region.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Hey Mike! Happy Easter!

Glad you chimed in and as I do believe as you.... this isn't anything to worry about unless we see a swarm... I do have a question... and it can be found here. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks in advance.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

Well I surely hope yer dog's name is Duke!!!!
As far Mayan elders...Here is my take some dude back in the the "real" mayan days was the last of his kind when he died no one was able to continue the calnder
or scenario "b"
"these jack asses dont pay me enough to make calanders with chisels and stone...I Quit LMAO

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
Yellowstone is always worth a watch when we see or feel anything over a 3.0.

A total of 49 earthquakes of magnitude 3.0 or greater have occurred within 16 miles of the epicenter since 1962. The largest was a magnitude 4.2 on November 23, 2000.

We seem to have them often, especially the last decade. I wonder if its doing anything unusual as of late or just responding to all its cousins globally that are about to blow? lol

5 of these at 3 or larger over have happened over the last 7 months. Within 16 miles - dont think so but all considered within yellowstone territory which is huge.

earthquaketrack.com...

I am not saying it means anything at all but it is always worth watching when quakes are happening in this region that make the USGS map. There have also been 3 (a separate 3) that have occured over the last few days - not all at 3 and above yet still enough to draw my attention.

4/8 - 2.5 western MT depth 7 km
4/9 - 3.1 yellowstone depth 0 km
4/10 - something at old faithful but not recorded likely because it still hasn't been determined or has been ruled out
4/11 - 2.8 Wyoming depth 7 km

I did as much reading as I have time for to understand why quakes distances apart would be at the same depths. Im discovering its due to rock below//above magma being of the same density so it doesn't appear to be a red flag.

However, I live in this region and seeing 3 in the span of a few days is not common so keeping eye on. Maybe it has to do with the most recent CME.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Sadly, their is nothing for me to 'keep a eye on'.
I am way to close, if i am lucky i will have time to
run to the gas station and buy some beer and watch the show,
but that will be about it.

I dont worry about yellowstone, if it blows, so be it, i wont be around to
worry about the after effects, the eruption its self will get me.

Till then, i am going to enjoy the mountians and wildlife and isolation of the
great state of Montana.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
well my dog told me that the myan elder was wrong, that he was out smoking
his peace pipe last night and has not gained his senses yet.

But my snake tells me that the polar ice caps are going to explode tomorrow for
198 hours, and when they do a ship carrying plastic bags will be tossed up in the air
and the ice will go into the bags and we will all have free ice for our drinks...

Although my cat keeps rolling over on its back and telling me this is how you do the Dougie
now i dont believe any of them, so i am going to take a walk out into the woods and find
Mr Bear and ask him what his opinion is.

Sorry op, had to have some fun. i wouldn't worry any about it, now when you start seeing a lot
of quakes one right after the other, then its time to pay close attention.
And if that happens i'm going to buy a case of beer and fill the cooler and take a short drive to
Yellowstone and watch this thing go in person. None of this hide in your house crap, i'm close
enough if it goes, i'm screwed anyway, i might as well get some cool pic's for ATS.

Lol, this post made me spit out my coffee.

Good response.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
reply to post by redoubt

Sadly, their is nothing for me to 'keep a eye on'.
I am way to close, if i am lucky i will have time to
run to the gas station and buy some beer and watch the show,
but that will be about it.

I dont worry about yellowstone, if it blows, so be it, i wont be around to
worry about the after effects, the eruption its self will get me.

Till then, i am going to enjoy the mountians and wildlife and isolation of the
great state of Montana.

You should be prepared......... what no beer in stock for this occasion
What if everyone has the same idea, the store will be sold out within minutes.

posted on Apr, 13 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Another misleading thread title. I don't know why I bother reading stuff here anymore. The quality has taken a nosedive.

top topics

join