It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google commits suicide.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I just saw a sign at Walmart. "Glow in the dark egg hunt tonight" Not "Glow in the dark Easter egg hunt". This is bigger than it looks at first glance.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

We aren't a Christian nation...
Why is this a big deal? lol
Man don't make me defend Walmart please... lol
edit on 31-3-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

More like our government will start saying brought to you by: ______

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

America was founded under christian principles. The Constitution is based on christian principles. We are a christian nation. You may not be, America is. Obviously that is changing. It will not be for the better.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by TheIceQueen

The majority are not Christian....so turn it the other way If they did put up Jesus etc wouldn't they be spitting in the face of people who are not Christian?

69% of the world population are not Christian.

Nearly 80% of Americans identify themselves as being Christian. Google was created in the United States, first, before it branched off internationally. America's Google domain, not other country's Google domain(s), is the one place that has the face of some leftist who made some sort of movement for illegal mexican farm workers or something of the like (I don't really know nor care to delve into the nonexistent full extent of the 'contributions' that he made to this country), the front of the most popularly used and known website, on the very same day of a sacredly based religious Holiday which is celebrated by nearly 80% of this country.

That is a spit in the face. I am not even Christian, and I am offended by it. But, that's right.. I forgot, unless I'm of some other religion or background, it doesn't really matter what offends me or what religious intolerance rises in the midst of my nation, UNLESS, it is any other form of religion or people's background, then it matters. Gee, I wonder how well it would go if the face of George Bush (we'll say) showed up on the page of the Islamic world's google page not a moment after the clock struck Ramadan. That's right, it would matter then, wouldn't it?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

No. Our nation was founded on Liberty.
Not religion.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheIceQueen

The majority are not Christian....so turn it the other way If they did put up Jesus etc wouldn't they be spitting in the face of people who are not Christian?

69% of the world population are not Christian.

Nearly 80% of Americans identify themselves as being Christian. Google was created in the United States, first, before it branched off internationally. America's Google domain, not other country's Google domain(s), is the one place that has the face of some leftist who made some sort of movement for illegal mexican farm workers or something of the like (I don't really know nor care to delve into the nonexistent full extent of the 'contributions' that he made to this country), the front of the most popularly used and known website, on the very same day of a sacredly based religious Holiday which is celebrated by nearly 80% of this country. Of course, completely ignoring the existence of this holiday, and all that it stands for to Christians, not to mention Western civilization and what this very country was largely founded upon..

That is a spit in the face. I am not even Christian, and I am offended by it. But, that's right.. I forgot, unless I'm of some other religion or background, it doesn't really matter what offends me or what religious intolerance rises in the midst of my nation, UNLESS, it is any other form of religion or people's background, then it matters. Gee, I wonder how well it would go if the face of George Bush (we'll say) showed up on the page of the Islamic world's google page not a moment after the clock struck Ramadan. That's right, it would matter then, wouldn't it? It always matters when people show even the slightest bit of hesitation to engulf another people's religion, hell was almost broke loose when people said that it wasn't right for a mosque to be built on ground zero. Funny how it doesn't work both ways, huh?
edit on 31-3-2013 by TheIceQueen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Ah thats ok then I forgot the USA is the only country that uses google....
you said the world and I just told you you was wrong...
Why are you offended when you are not a christian?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I do not understand the controversy about Google today. I like that it discussed Cesar Chavez compared to Easter. We can both celebrate Easter and learn about Chavez. Win-win.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Ah thats ok then I forgot the USA is the only country that uses google....
you said the world and I just told you you was wrong...
Why are you offended when you are not a christian?

I never said that the USA was the only country to use google, perhaps you have a reading problem? That doesn't seem too far fetched. Try to read what I said again.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Also this is such a none issue...all the things happening in the world and the OP (who has said he is agnostic) decides to get upperty that google doesn't use any religion in their googlisms.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I read that you said the majority of the world population is Christian and you were wrong.
Or did you forget that statement? let me remind you.

Err.. I'm pretty sure that it is a big deal. It's a spit in the face to the majority of the world's population.

WRONG!!!!

Should every company be forced to follow religious holidays? how about Hindu holidays? you would only moan that it isn't christian pfft.
edit on 31-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I never said the majority were christian. I said 2 billion are christian.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

Wasn't aimed at you pal

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
What a knee slapper of a thread.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
It's all fun until someone loses a country.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

For all of you people who are complaining about Easter falling on Cesar Chavez Day and saying "I don't even know who this guy is or what he did so I'm going to stop using Google".

I'm thinking you guys don't really know how to use Google in the first place...

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Nobodys going to stop using Google.

Bwa-bwa-bwahahahahaha

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I got on ATS after using google and noticing that. I was surprised but who really cares? Are you saying that everyone must bend over backwards for Easter? It's a forgotten holiday.: (no reason given)

edit on 3/31/13 by SixX18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Semantics, the vast majority of the CIVILIZED world is christian. Since we live in the western world, even more vast. However since it's so trendy to be against western civilization that's why things like this happen. Believe it or not, when your life isn't consumed with pop culture and academia, there really are a lot of people annoyed about being systematically disenfranchised. You know, the people who do all the working and producing, building, designing, inventing, discovering, etc..

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join