It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google commits suicide.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

ya i know it so sad cause easter only happens once in a lifetime.......

oh wait it happens every year

google suxxor anyway. they dumbed down the search code. they work for cia and 90% is advertisements

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by EllaMarina
This thread needs more Christians in here to shed light on the OP's sentiment that Google's logo pissed them off.

Well here is some insight for you. Look at any country that was predominantly Christian that has allowed an influx of other religious factions, and you will see a constant, steady decline. The USA, the U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Australia, name it... I agree with the OP's sentiment, and don't think he went far enough. But then again you would have to be in complete denial not to see the obvious.

www.meforum.org...

ww2.onenewsnow.com...

atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com...

www.arabtimesonline.com... efault.aspx

www.theaustralian.com.au...

www.guardian.co.uk...

www.bbc.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

sheikyermami.com...

christiandefenceleauge.wordpress.com...

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I doubt it will even be noticed..

google has become such a main-stay that people will continue using google.. purely because it takes .0041 of a second to type google.com as opposed to the 1.42 seconds it takes for yahoo.com

Honestly, google is the biggest con going. Seriously...

Go to google and type in 'nike shoes'

What does it do? it sure as hell doesnt search and give you a result.
It gives you 67,800,000 pages to look through... its using YOU.. you have now become the search engine.

edit on 2-4-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
While two billion Christians around the world celebrate Easter Sunday, Google is using its famous “Doodle” search logo art to mark the birth of left-wing labor leader Cesar Chavez. While i use Google and really like it, i will be using a different search engine in the future and assume many people will too. This "politically correct" travesty will most likely cost Google big bucks. They just pissed off 2 billion people. Whether you are a believer or not this flies in the face of reason and they will not get through it unscathed. They went too far left.

Hahaha yeah right, like most people could give a crap. I really can't see millions of Christian internet users changing the way they search the internet just because Google failed to stick a picture of Jeebus on the page. Ridiculous and hilarious post.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

reply to post by Kali74

I recall an Easter egg last year. I could be wrong. Might have been the year before. They definitely just made a statement with this logo in any event. I bet their stockholders will be blowing up their phones pretty quick. I predict a stock drop in the coming weeks as well.
You really are digging yourself further and further into a hole of humiliation aren't you? You genuinely think Google stockholders will be pulling out because they didn't acknowledge the Easter holiday? Reality check needed. Nobody cares except you.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

While two billion Christians around the world celebrate Easter Sunday, Google is using its famous “Doodle” search logo art to mark the birth of left-wing labor leader Cesar Chavez. While i use Google and really like it, i will be using a different search engine in the future and assume many people will too. This "politically correct" travesty will most likely cost Google big bucks. They just pissed off 2 billion people. Whether you are a believer or not this flies in the face of reason and they will not get through it unscathed. They went too far left.

Why would any true Christians be offended by this? Cesar Chavez championed poor, itinerant farm workers -- likely something Jesus would applaud, if Jesus was the swell champion of the poor that he is made out to be. In addition, a lot of former and current poor itinerant farm workers are of some Christian denomination, so I don't see them getting upset by Google commemorating Cesar Chavez.

The only people getting upset are self-righteous, sanctimonious persons wearing their supposed Christianity on their sleeves. Not naming any name though...

Kudos to the OP for coming up with the most hyperbole-oozing thread title for the day.

Google may be harming itself by terminating some of its free, popular online apps, but commemorating Cesar Chavez is not.

And hey, if you decide to give up google search for Lent because of this, knock yourself out using the inferior search engine Bing. I'm no big Google booster either, but it is the superior search engine, unless you're searching potential purchases.

Also love some other poster's comment that this move my Google is another example of the anti-Christian militancy that's oh so rife these days. HILARIOUS.

Some people are evidently so insecure in their faith, that if everybody else of whatever faith doesn't recognize their religion's holidays, they claim people have it in for their religion. Ye of little faith and a whole lot of paranoia.

To quote the J-Man: "Forgive them, Father; they know not what they do."
edit on 2-4-2013 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Google can put whoever or whatever they want on their site.
It's their site.

That being said .. I didn't know who the heck that was.
And I still don't care. I was just there to use the search function.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by vtr99

Originally posted by EllaMarina
This thread needs more Christians in here to shed light on the OP's sentiment that Google's logo pissed them off.

Well here is some insight for you. Look at any country that was predominantly Christian that has allowed an influx of other religious factions, and you will see a constant, steady decline. The USA, the U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Australia, name it... I agree with the OP's sentiment, and don't think he went far enough. But then again you would have to be in complete denial not to see the obvious.

A steady decline in what, religious bigots?

I believe Australia went downhill when the Christians got there and started taking the indigenous people's children away from their parents and sending them to Christian re-education schools, where they were often abused - physically and sexually. This also happened to the First Nation people when Christians came to what is now called Canada. And clearly anywhere the Catholic Church has gone, systematic, protected pederasty by some priests has followed -- this is documented fact.

And boy, Christian Germany was so much better off once it got rid of its scurrilous Jewish population [extreme sarcasm alert for those who need to have it spelled out for them].

Christians should be VERY careful when knocking other peoples' religions, as those who worship in glass churches shouldn't throw stones.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~
reply to post by jimmiec

google suxxor [sic] anyway. they dumbed down the search code. they work for cia and 90% is advertisements

Those are good reasons for disliking Google, if they are true.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

Originally posted by semperfortis
Good Grief

Cesar Chavez
Activist
Cesar Chavez was an American farm worker, labor leader and civil rights activist, who, with Dolores Huerta, co-founded the National Farm Workers Association. Wikipedia

He was a GREAT man

All a matter of opinion as well

Just as whether or not Jesus was a great man -- or even existed.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt

Originally posted by CX
Do you really think two billion Christians will be upset over this?

Probably a handful will take notice, most others will be too busy to even bother about it.

As for suicide, i'd bet money that Google won't be crumbled by a few disgruntled Christians.

CX.

Yeah well, at least we don't riot and our clerics don't issue death edicts because somebody insults our chosen deity.

Tell that to Galileo and all the witches, pagans, Jews and Muslims who have been threatened with death/burned/killed/tortured by Christians operating under the orders of their religious leaders. Ever hear of the Crusades, the 30 Years War, the Inquisition -- NOBODY EVER EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION! -- the Salem Witch trials or the general Christianization of pagan Europe?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Easter is a national holiday. If it were Martin Luther King day do you think the black community would be upset? Do you think Google would put up a pic of Hillary Clinton to commemorate it? Google made a stupid choice. They made a decision to basically call 2 billion people stupid publicly.

No, Easter is not a national holiday. Looked like all the stores and banks were open today, i.e. the Monday after the Sunday holiday. And for your information, Cesar Chavez the the closest Latino equivalent to Martin Luther King -- and in case you weren't aware, their two days are several months apart, so there will never be a date conflict there. As for making 2 billion people look stupid, you and a few other posters in this thread are doing that; however, sensible people realize you don't speak for all Christians -- but rather just the ones who think they are entitled to have their religion kowtowed to by everybody else.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

reply to post by Kali74

I recall an Easter egg last year. I could be wrong. Might have been the year before. They definitely just made a statement with this logo in any event. I bet their stockholders will be blowing up their phones pretty quick. I predict a stock drop in the coming weeks as well.

And what exactly does an Easter Egg have to do with the Resurrection of Christ, i.e. the Christian celebration of Easter? Oh yeah, an egg is a fertility symbol and Christians co-opted a pagan spring fertility festival...

Guess Google thought commemorating a Latino civil rights and labor leader was more important than celebrating chocolate eggs and bunnies and bunny and chick peeps. How dare they!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

reply to post by Kali74

Good business sense dictates that they at least give the illusion that they commemorate a national holiday with a symbol recognizing it as such.

I would imagine you would register even more outrage if Google were to practice your view of what constitutes good business practice, and were to commemorate/celebrate various Muslim, Hindu and Budhist holidays -- after all, they make up more than 2 billion people.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

reply to post by Kali74

America was founded under christian principles. The Constitution is based on christian principles. We are a christian nation. You may not be, America is. Obviously that is changing. It will not be for the better.

WRONG. America was not founded under Christian principles. It was a product of the Enlightenment and taking the best ideas of governance from western society over the previous 2300 years or so. You're right, however, that some of the Constitution was based on Christian principles -- the 3/5 clause involving slavery, as there are passages in the Bible that promote slavery. But that's the only Christian principle in the Constitution. Although I would be more than happy for you to provide other examples of Christian principles in the rules of US government... I trust you wouldn't be including the 1st Amendment, the freedom of expression and religion one.

Many of the Founding fathers weren't Christians, but Deists at best. Thomas Jefferson was likely an Atheist -- although he did subscribe to certain Christian tenets, such as slavery.

Seriously, what were the Christian principles under which the United States was founded? Taxation with representation and due process are not Christian values. Nor is democratic or representative government.

Just claiming something is true doesn't make it so.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Your reply is completely uneducated. Try again.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheIceQueen

Nearly 80% of Americans identify themselves as being Christian. Google was created in the United States, first, before it branched off internationally. America's Google domain, not other country's Google domain(s), is the one place that has the face of some leftist who made some sort of movement for illegal mexican farm workers or something of the like (I don't really know nor care to delve into the nonexistent full extent of the 'contributions' that he made to this country), the front of the most popularly used and known website, on the very same day of a sacredly based religious Holiday which is celebrated by nearly 80% of this country.

That is a spit in the face. I am not even Christian, and I am offended by it. But, that's right.. I forgot, unless I'm of some other religion or background, it doesn't really matter what offends me or what religious intolerance rises in the midst of my nation, UNLESS, it is any other form of religion or people's background, then it matters. Gee, I wonder how well it would go if the face of George Bush (we'll say) showed up on the page of the Islamic world's google page not a moment after the clock struck Ramadan. That's right, it would matter then, wouldn't it?

So what you are saying is that you will fight for your right to remain ignorant of Cesar Chavez, and his contribution to the US civil rights and labor movements, in particular for Chicanos/Latinos. What a praise-worthy position to take.

He is obviously a "leftist" because he fought for labor rights and civil rights, which are clearly not good values. We really ought to have an Andrew Carnegie Day, Henry Ford and J. P. Morgan Day, huh? Perhaps you and your fellow travelers could work towards a Koch Brothers' Day. Keep your eyes on the prize, and keep it classy.

Your George Bush/Ramadan analogy is terrible. I imagine Cesar Chavez was Christian -- likely Catholic -- and the people he fought for in his social movement were poor, politically weak Latinos, who are predominantly Catholic, as well as being of other Christian sects. And let's see: helping the poor, who else did that -- or is said to have done that? Hmmm? Could it have been JESUS? So equating by analogy that Chavez was some heathen, anti-Christian with non-Christian values is so far off the mark that it is just plain ridiculous. And by the way, Chavez was a Mexican American, not an illegal immigrant, and many of the people he supported were also US citizens.

It seems that the persons who have the biggest problem with Google's commemorating of Cesar Chavez, are -- ironically enough -- the ones who need the most education about who Cesar Chavez was.

And it's not as if taking a couple of minutes to go to wikipedia and read about him is going to hurt anybody.

Is it just me, or is there a whiff of racism in some of the anti-Cesar Chavez vitriol in this thread?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrBelligerence
reply to post by boymonkey74

Semantics, the vast majority of the CIVILIZED world is christian. Since we live in the western world, even more vast. However since it's so trendy to be against western civilization that's why things like this happen. Believe it or not, when your life isn't consumed with pop culture and academia, there really are a lot of people annoyed about being systematically disenfranchised. You know, the people who do all the working and producing, building, designing, inventing, discovering, etc..

Oh, the vast majority of the CIVILIZED world is Christian. Thanks for setting us all straight on that matter -- particular the teeming billions of uncivilized non-Christians out there.

And then you go on some rant about people who do all the working and producing. You do realize that Chavez was a labor leader for farm workers?

The irony and ignorance of some in this thread is just too much. Clearly bigotry and racism are being extolled in coded language here as well.

And yeah, it's terribly trendy to be against western civilization. Western civilization is so second millennium, and clearly the current third millennium is all about the downfall of western civilization and the rise of the barbarous, uncivilized heathens from the darker continents.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

You are on a roll dude I agree with you keep it up

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

You mean that 2 billion people didn't notice that or care at all. Why should google favor religions? Why not make a tribute to atheism? Almost everyday is some religions holiday. Oh yeah, but I forgot, people are supposed to stuff christianity down other peoples throats and pay tribute to infantile religious mithologies...

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join