It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well we all survived in one piece

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
So what happened to the "October Suprise", the threatened attacks on America, the threats of "massive lives lost" by all those tea towel wearers speaking arabic???

Was it all baloney and empty threats?

Al Quaeda is looking pretty toothless at the moment, all roar and no action.

How real were the threats, or are we just victims of an hysterical press, and politically motivated anxiety?

[edit on 2-11-2004 by Netchicken]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Who can say?

I suppose there is time yet, though i hope not.

All the Army bases have gone on yellow alert as from today at 0600 hrs in the UK.
Not sure what this means as they have been on Black alert for months now.

Maybe its got something to do with the elections in the US.

Any more info would be welcome.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
So what happened to the "October Suprise", the threatened attacks on America, the threats of "massive lives lost" by all those tea towel wearers speaking arabic???

Was it all baloney and empty threats?

Al Quaeda is looking pretty toothless at the moment, all roar and no action.

Errr... Aren't we counting our chickens before they hatched (the election isn't over yet)?

The October surprise is a product of the Liberal Media, however, there may be a November surprise that may come from the Republican camp.

p.s. Yes, Al Qaeda is toothless, thanks to George W. Bush.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Well I guess the Bin Laden tapes were the surprise. People are trying to decipher them as 'Whatever state that votes for Bush will have a terrorist attack, whatever state votes for Kerry will be 'alright''. Sort of lame but I guess that's the point.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Honey, Darling, there is NOBODY that EVER gets out of here, alive.

Yes, we have made it to this point.

So?

Tomorrow could be another story.

Trust God, and it will all come out in the wash; but "we made it" just isn't REAL.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Two comments here:

1) In relation to:

state that votes for Bush will have a terrorist attack, whatever state votes for Kerry will be 'alright''

NY and Cali (two biggest) go Dem, always. Who's being threatened then, Wyoming Montana and Idaho? Gonna blow something up and take out two farmers and a herd of cows?

2) The power of September 11th was surprise. These stupid redundant video warnings in themselves show me that nothing is going to happen. Who the hell releases a video saying "I'm going to slap you when you're not looking"? Defeats the purpose doesn't it?

Osama got one thing right: Every time anyone in his crew farts on videotape the US government spends a billion dollars. Lose lose situation. You spend and nothing happens and you look dumb, you don't spend, people die and you look evil.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Djarums

[edit on 2-11-2004 by Bikereddie]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The only Terror that is going to be is the one that the elections is going to make when there is not president withing a week because of problems with the results that is the terror I see coming our way.l

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Terrorism before the elections? Was never going to happen. The key is waiting to see what happens afterwards.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums

NY and Cali (two biggest) go Dem, always. Who's being threatened then, Wyoming Montana and Idaho? Gonna blow something up and take out two farmers and a herd of cows?

Well that's an intelligent comment that I'm sure those of us who live in this part of the country will appreciate.
Just so you know....WA state is home to over 5 million people....including my children. These states are also home to one of the biggest tourist attractions in our country, The Seattle Space Needle. And Yumatilla Army depot. Hanford Nuclear facility. Several Air Force, Army and Navy sites...etc. etc. etc. Farmers and cows?? Uh-huh....

WA Census

[edit on 11/2/04 by HarmoniusOne]

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   

NY and Cali (two biggest) go Dem, always.

I'm sorry, but that's not correct. The two largest are California(55 votes), and Texas(34 votes) Darnit! How did us Texans let somone else do something bigger than us?. New York has (31 votes) and comes in third

California goes to Dem. and Texas goes to Rep.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Yikes, just a light-hearted joke about some of our more rural friends. The specifics are lovely and I'm sure it's a very nice place to live. FYI if you'll reread what I wrote (for the first time apparently) I don't believe I mentioned Washington State did I?

My point was to make a joke regarding population density. Apparently that was lost on you. I appreciate the opportunity to learn who can and can't take a joke though, it allows me to make clearer choices of how to phrase things with certain people. Good to know. Try meditation it relaxes you.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:18 PM
link   
dbates, yeah we did lose second place i suppose. you texans are unbelievable! you guys still resent the Alaskans don't you

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
We did have an 'October surprise' - Osama isn't dead (He looks pretty rough though - if he wasn't a fundamentalist Muslim, I'd have thought he had one hell of a hangover).

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

dbates, yeah we did lose second place i suppose. you texans are unbelievable! you guys still resent the Alaskans don't you

Alaska is bigger? That's not what they told us in school.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Yikes, just a light-hearted joke about some of our more rural friends. The specifics are lovely and I'm sure it's a very nice place to live. FYI if you'll reread what I wrote (for the first time apparently) I don't believe I mentioned Washington State did I?

My point was to make a joke regarding population density. Apparently that was lost on you. I appreciate the opportunity to learn who can and can't take a joke though, it allows me to make clearer choices of how to phrase things with certain people. Good to know. Try meditation it relaxes you.

You are absolutely right! ~laughing at me~ I grew up in Idaho and then lived in Washington for a good part of my adult life. I don't know why they are so closely related in my mind but they are. My family all lives in the Pacific Northwest now, maybe thats why. Just so you know...My children live in both WA and ID as do my parents. I do meditate but haven't yet today. Although I am not politically inclined I am very concerned about the outcome of the elections and the possibility that a terror attack may be the end result near my family. I didn't mean to sound B!+c#y and appologize if I came off that way. Humor isn't usually lost on me.
I slept little due to conversation with "Ali" who was translating the Assam Video for me. Maybe I just need a nap.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Yeah I think we can all agree it's a bit of an odd topic to joke about but as a new yorker i do that. We see ourselves as THE target because it just makes the most sense. 1 Square mile in NYC has thousands of people whereas somewhere in Wyoming that same 1 square mile... well you know what I'm getting at.

Anyways I like Wash and Idaho. Rain and potatoes, what would we do without you folks? At least the Mariners have become so pitiful that they don't need us to pick on them anymore.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Concerning this topic is anyone knows the DEFCON Status today? Due to the election, pretty sure the DEFCON is higher than normal.

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Wow the whole state of Washington has 5 million people. Thats amazing. Los Angeles County alone has over 12 Million people.

Its hard to kill a lot of Washingtonites then isnt it considering they are either so spread apart or in three or four major population centers then spread out with sporadic pockets of a few people here or there.

What is the population of Seattle, 1 Million, 2 Million about half the total population?

Safe to say that unless you live in Seattle you would probably be pretty safe from the terrorists if you live in Washington

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I seem to remember the Intelligence and Security community got a bollocking from the media for not making public intel that gave a threat indicator in the lead up to 9/11, and demanded that people be told about threats.

Well now we know why, because at least from the USA we seem to get a friggin new one every 15minutes. Its reached the point we are saturated with warnings and many people are taking the crying wolf view of the announcements.

Be careful what you wish for. Bugger our "Right" to know.

They used to try and judge them on risk, likelyhood and source. Add to that there is no point tipping off terrorists we know all the time because then we never get a crack at them, and they just change the plan until they get one through. Or people get lax....its just another dud warning.

When you think of it the terrorists must laugh themselves stupid. They know there are means to monitor them, some better or worse than others, some next to useless. They also must know the volume of information must be staggering. Even with computers, humans still have to pick and chose, and there is the concern of all programmers..."garbage in, garbage out"

There are "no technical" old fashioned means to pass on the really vital information that remain the hardest to intercept....written down, coded hidden in plain view, and delivered by non discript harmless looking strangers. Meanwhile on the mobile phones and two ways and computers of the world for every one peice of chatter how many deliberately planted false clues to these buggers plant?

Why actually execute a hundred plans of attacks, when with just a simple series of mobile calls you can plant 99 false alarms and leads, to cover the one big one.

There's an old saying (which I may be misquoting) that went "some days you cant see the trees because of the forest" in the information super highway age I think you could now say "some days you cant see the trees because of the planet"

I dont envy intelligence analysts and those who make decisions based on them.......theorys as common as backsides....everyone has one....and they are damned if they do and damned if they dont.

Oh for the wireless and morse code days when you could send a false message to catch out an enemy's plans

top topics

<<   2 >>

join