It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norfolk police officer 'sues garage burglary victim'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Norfolk police officer 'sues garage burglary victim'

www.bbc.co.uk

A police officer is suing a petrol station owner after apparently tripping on a kerb on his property when called to reports of a break-in.

PC Kelly Jones was called to Harvest filling station in Thetford, Norfolk, last summer.

She was not available for comment but claims she fell and injured her leg.

Norfolk Police said the force was "wholly unaware of this litigation", which it said appears to be "instigated privately" by the officer.

A spokesman added: "We have a duty of care to any officer injured whilst on duty, to support their continued health and well-being and fitness
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.independent.co.uk
www.thesun.co.uk
www.dailymail.co.uk

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I am absolutely amazed that this is allowed to happen, it is very worrying that the very people paid to protect us are able to do this sort of thing by turning a victim of crime into a free money machine.

One can only hope that for the future of law and order in the UK this is thrown out asap.

What will become of the country if people become too scared to even phone the police for help for fear of lawsuits like this. It's genuinely one of the most absurd things I've heard in a long time.

I can't be the only one who is deeply concerned by this and fearful of it's implications in the long run.

The first thing I'd like to see happening is as a result of this is more stringent physicals for our law enforcers, this police officer is a bit on the roly poly side and could quite possibly have contributed to her fall. If that is the case we need to make sure that from now on all active members of the police are in peak physical condition with immediate suspension for those out of shape.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Sorry dude beat you to it

link

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bates

Wow, and they allow this klutz to carry a gun?
If this sham is allowed to go through, this is going to open some interesting doors. If I call the cops and they get into an accident responding to my call, will I be held libel?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

sorry, delete this or whatever then.

looked everywhere but there for it as well.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
Sorry dude beat you to it

link

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

join