It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Watch 2013-2019

page: 90
<< 87  88  89    91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   
It's kind of dream to visit North Korea... So unique country, like no other.

posted on Mar, 31 2016 @ 04:57 AM
link   
NK will be gone in the near future.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Ben2522

I think so too. It all depends on how much longer China is willing to put up with them.

posted on May, 25 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: jaymp

In the end we are all dead, it is part of the condition of birth.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

lol. Yes, but I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting to delay that as much as possible. It's time to finish out the Korean war, and liberate these people. I'm so sick of the bureaucratic bs.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 07:47 PM
link   

It's time to finish out the Korean war, and liberate these people

As long as you lead the charge, rifle in hand!

Perhaps you may find this interesting. Here

A great deal of effort went into those referenced threads.

That is why we can't just walk in and save everyone.

P

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I'm already in the process of learning Korean for that very reason. Listen, I'm a pacifist. War should always remain a last resort, and should never be taken lightly. But I'm sure you're aware what's being done to these people. Specifically, the kinds of tortures that go on in the concentration camps. It's physically sickening.

I'm reading your linked post now, btw. North Korea was a capable enemy in the 50's and they still are. No argument there. They are indeed underestimated, but I'm still ready to fight if it comes to it. It's a cause I'd be willing to die for.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   

The people of NK, by and large, believe what their Government tells them and much of what they are told is the truth.

After WW2, the Allies decided to split up Korea into North and South. The South was under US control. The people of NK do not like having a puppet Government of the US controlling half their country. I would not like it as well.

You want to fight for freedom ...... so do they!

They look at SK and see waste, sex and everything else they hate about the West.

You will fight for your freedom and great!

But they will fight to 'rescue' you because you don't know what freedom is. Freedom is a re-unified Korea.

Everyone is right!

So many tunnels dug under mountains. Good luck to anyone who tries.

It was NK who sent people to teach the Vietcong how to tunnel and that worked out very well!

To put it bluntly, both sides can and will claim to have the higher claim to freedom.

P

PS. Thanks!

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

The people of NK, by and large, believe what their Government tells them and much of what they are told is the truth.

I don't think that's necessarily so these days. The newer generations are very much aware of the lies being told to them. Especially with the ever increasing influx of South Korean media penetrating the North through smuggled entertainment and radio broadcasts.

If there's change, it'll likely happen from the inside. The people are growing tired of the totalitarian dictatorship. That much is for certain.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Everything is based on Propaganda but I always wonder if these people truly believe their way of life or they just choose to accept it through fear. It's the easiest thing to do. Same with the west, we get fed Propaganda from the media to which the majority trust and believe but do we really? We all moan and groan about the way the world is but we still end up getting up and going to work in the morning.

posted on Sep, 5 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
The dictatorship of Kim Jong-un is like a blood clot to the region, and the only surgeon who could reasonably cut it out is China, and the only reason why it doesn't is because Kim Jong-un's presence acts like a convenient buffer against western expansion.

Personally, I feel China needs to accept its responsibility for the ordinary people of NK, it is their liberation that will bring a form of liberation to China and the region at the same time. Rather than hit Kim Jong-un with deeper sanctions, and hurt the people at the same time, China needs to use the most subtle military tactics it can to rid the people of NK of the military dictatorship they are under, and bring them into the political and military umbrella of China.

Yes, this would mean a Chinese puppet regime in NK, but in the least it would bring a more internationally accepted freedom to the people, and it would help to resolve the nuclear threat of Kim Jong-un. Through China, the people of NK would be released from the sanctions they are under, and in that process, be brought into the embrace of the international community.

Of course, it would mean opening up another theatre of war, but this time the international community could stay out of the conflict, and allow China the room to exercise the blood clot from the region forever. It would be the last great pain the people of NK would have to suffer before things ease towards an opportunity of growth and repatriation with the international community.

South Korea would be suspiciously nervous, as well as America, but I would think that SK would much prefer Kim Jong-un gone, and have to deal with a Chinese puppet regime, than have to continue to deal with Kim Jong-un setting off nuclear devices. The longer he stays in power, the more likely it will become to have to use nukes to get rid of him. His current continuation of his regime rests entirely on him being the devil everyone knows, and also remaining under control of China, and that control seems to be unravelling as time goes by. Be under no illusion, the world will have to deal with him at some point. China needs to step up to the plate.
edit on 9/9/16 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
China will wait until NK and SK are at war and will wait until both sides are exhausted and then install puppet governments in both. Remember always, the US influence on the Asian landmass is not wanted by China.

They will bide their time or let the US exhaust themselves trying to oust a well dug in enemy in country ill suited to their technocratic military.

P

posted on Sep, 25 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358I honestly think this is a non event. If North Korea starts a war I'm pretty sure the USA will finish it

posted on Nov, 14 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: northwestuk
a reply to: pheonix358I honestly think this is a non event. If North Korea starts a war I'm pretty sure the USA will finish it

How did that go for them the first time.

How many lives will it take.

Here is a rifle ... now ... if you want this war, then charge!

We will wait and see how successful you are.

Easy to send others to their deaths .... you first.

P

posted on Feb, 14 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Whenever North Korea wants some attention they launch some lame excuse for a missile at nothing. Then everyone prentends to take them seriously. Wash, rinse, repeat.

(post by ALSGoes4th removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 20 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I forget where but somewhere I heard ww3 is supposed to last 26 years. also there are multiple branches this is going. if you look at the U.S. like a center, its branching off to several problems. one being North korea, two izrael and palistine, and whats going on with the U.S. and Russia.

posted on Apr, 20 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   
i gotta say this whole situation has actually rustled the jimmies this time, u.s and north korea should start a fencing division called the Rattl'in Sabres!

top topics

<< 87  88  89    91  92 >>

join