It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Watch 2013-2019

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by pheonix358

well you do not see a Korea war now do ya! Bet if old Bush one or two was in office you ,er we would , but thank the good whom ever, [do not want to offend any one of what they believe in] their not, That does not mean there wont be one, for that is up to Un, and lets hope he is all talk, like he's been.

As long as both sides keep up the stupid rhetoric of Axis of Evil and Puppet Government there is always the potential for the war to start.

While you seem to think it is all over, in the back of my mind are two thoughts, "The Calm Before The Storm" and "Surprise Attack When You Least Expect It."

I am by no means relaxed with this situation.

P

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358

Originally posted by bekod

well you do not see a Korea war now do ya! Bet if old Bush one or two was in office you ,er we would , but thank the good whom ever, [do not want to offend any one of what they believe in] their not, That does not mean there wont be one, for that is up to Un, and lets hope he is all talk, like he's been.

As long as both sides keep up the stupid rhetoric of Axis of Evil and Puppet Government there is always the potential for the war to start.

While you seem to think it is all over, in the back of my mind are two thoughts, "The Calm Before The Storm" and "Surprise Attack When You Least Expect It."

I am by no means relaxed with this situation.

P
and you seemed to have missed this

That does not mean there wont be one, for that is up to Un, and lets hope he is all talk, like he's been.
from my post above in other words this is not over till the fat lady sings, and that is at least in act 7 or 8 we are now in the first act of part 5

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I read it, it didn't sink in. Most of my mind is occupied in the Boston threads. Sorry I missed it!

Not too many fat ladies in NK is there.

P

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   

well there is Un, and most of the DPRK leader ship but that is an other story

my computer is have a fit so it might be few before i post, but i will post.

edit on 20-4-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   

here is a good laugh you might like form Rodong Sinmun

DPRK NDC Policy Department Issues Statement

The Policy Department of the National Defence Commission (NDC) of the DPRK released the following statement on April 18:

An acute situation that has persisted on the Korean Peninsula since the end of last year is now putting the peninsula on the verge of war.

Much upset by the development, U.S. President Obama on April 11 reportedly stated in public of his intention to seek a negotiated and diplomatic settlement of the situation, saying that he does not want a war on the Korean Peninsula.

The chief of Chongwadae of south Korea, who is accustomed to currying favor with her master, let the "minister of Unification" make public a "statement". She even loudly spoke of "the authorities' proposal for dialogue to tide over the situation", a U-turn from her previous attitude of stoking confrontation. She used to say that there can be neither dialogue nor dispatch of a special envoy at present.

The rhetoric about dialogue raised by the master and the stooge almost at the same time is a political decision made by them out of their calculation that they can never bring the DPRK into submission with military threats and "sanctions".

It will be very much gratifying if they took a proper political decision to bring under control the grave situation prevailing on the Korean Peninsula with true interest in dialogue and negotiations.

But matter is that the U.S. and the south Korean puppet regime cried out for starting dialogue in an appropriate environment, in an appropriate time and under appropriate condition despite their loud claim that the U.S. and south Korea made a U-turn toward dialogue and negotiations. The preconditions for dialogue raised by them include a stop to "provocative" remarks which the DPRK has so far been engaged in and demonstration of its intention to realize denuclearization and suspend missile launch. These are absurd ones.

The U.S. and south Korea are opt-repeating "provocation" and "threats" from the DPRK, describing them as a stumbling block in the way of dialogue hoped for by them, while making the story of "north-south dialogue first and north Korea-U.S. dialogue next" an established fact as if the north had agreed to it.

In this regard, the Policy Department of the National Defence Commission (NDC) of the DPRK brings to light the nature of the prevailing situation and clarifies once again the principled stand of the DPRK.

There is a Korean saying which goes "Thief calls stop thief".

The U.S. and all kinds of hostile forces following it are the very ones who pushed the situation on the Korean Peninsula to such a grave phase as now.

But the masterminds of the tense situation are portraying the DPRK as "provoker", while describing them as victims. It appears that they are not afraid of divine punishment.

The "provocation" charge brought against the DPRK by the U.S. has become undisguised since they called the DPRK's legitimate and peaceful satellite launch as a "missile launch".

The DPRK's working satellite Kwangmyongsong 3-2 was confirmed to be going around its orbit by the North American Aero-space Defense Command. Russia and several other countries also admitted this and shortly ago a scientific and research institute of south Korea photographed the DPRK's satellite and made it public. But with their eyes shut to this stark fact, the U.S. and the south Korean puppet regime are stepping up provocations against the DPRK.

No wonder, the world public has now become increasingly vocal, condemning the U.S. and its allies' vicious provocation of getting the UN Security Council pass the "resolution on sanctions" and calling the satellite launch a "missile launch" as a "deception that disgraced justice and conscience" and an "act of blind men unable to discern skirt from trousers".

The UNSC's "resolution on sanctions" following the DPRK's legitimate satellite launch was a prelude to an open provocation by the U.S. and the south Korean puppet regime to inveigle all the forces following it to the worldwide campaign for isolating and stifling the DPRK. The nuclear war exercises being staged against the DPRK for nearly two months is a vicious, all-out military provocation.

The U.S. even brought to south Korea and to waters off it super-large nuclear-powered carrier task force equipped with nuclear warheads, B-52, B-2 and other nuclear strategic bombers, nuclear-powered submarines capable of launching cruise guided shells and guided shell destroyers and even F-22 Stealth fighter formation to be used for making maiden strikes at the targets of the DPRK's army in the early days of war. They have stepped up the military provocation in an all-round way which now has reached the most dangerous phase of nuclear blackmail.

The DPRK has never termed the U.S. satellite launches missile launches and attempted to urge the UN to adopt resolutions on sanctions under that pretext. It has never threatened and blackmailed the U.S. by deploying its elite armed forces in waters off the U.S.

If the U.S. and south Korean puppet forces are not wolves in human form, they should properly understand the word provocation and feel ashamed of their brigandish behaviors.

It is another provocation against the DPRK that the U.S. urged the former to show the "will for denuclearization" as a precondition for dialogue.

Denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula remains the unshakable will of the army and people of the DPRK.

The joint declaration on denuclearization adopted by the north and the south early in the 1990s was a gain common to the nation as it was initiated by the DPRK with such will.

The U.S., however, introduced nuclear weapons into south Korea and its vicinity in league with puppet forces and began to escalate threat and blackmail against the DPRK, bringing this precious gain to naught.

In order to cope with the U.S. escalating hostile policy and nuclear blackmail against the DPRK, it was compelled to have access to just nuclear force for self-defence.

Accordingly, nothing is more foolish and brigandish than pressurizing the DPRK to show its "will for denuclearization" first.

The nuclear force of the DPRK will always remain in the hands of its army and people as the most powerful means to protect the sovereignty of the country and its supreme interests and deal a retaliatory blow at the strongholds of aggression against it till the world including the U.S. is denuclearized.

Not content with terming the DPRK's toughest countermeasures "provocations", the U.S. and south Korean puppet regime went the lengths of ceaselessly hurting the dignity of the supreme leadership of the DPRK and its social system.

The army and people of the DPRK are demonstrating their just will to stand up against the enemies' moves to isolate and stifle it and nuclear war moves against it. They are, however, describing this will as one for "consolidating the heir's system", "enhancing image" and "rallying unstable ranks". This is the thrice-cursed politically-motivated provocation.

This is nothing but rigmarole let loose by the imbeciles who know nothing about the DPRK.

The bad-tempered U.S. and south Korean puppet regime can never imagine the tears of emotion shed by artillery women when the Supreme Commander took them to his arms and the warm feelings of service personnel and people shouting "hurrah" after jumping into cold sea waters.

As long as they persist in all sorts of provocations against the DPRK, its army and the people will steadily escalate the tough political and military counteractions as the days go by.

The U.S. and the south Korean puppet regime should make a bold decision to take the following practical measures if they want to shirk off the historical responsibility for the prevailing grave situation on the Korean Peninsula, escape sledge-hammer retaliatory blows of the army and people of the DPRK and if they truly stand for dialogue and negotiations:

First, they should immediately stop all their provocative acts against the DPRK and apologize for all of them.

As the first phase, they should take the measure of retracting the UNSC's "resolutions on sanctions" cooked up under absurd pretexts.

They should bear in mind that doing so would be a token of good will towards the DPRK.

The south Korean puppet forces should promptly halt all their anti-DPRK rackets, not linking their own mishaps such as Cheonan warship sinking incident and the "March 20 hacking case" to the north.

Second, they should give formal assurances before the world that they would not stage again such nuclear war drills to threaten or blackmail the DPRK.

Dialogue can never go with war actions.

Frequent nuclear war maneuvers will only strain the situation and totally block the way of dialogue.

The army and people of the DPRK will not be taken in by sophism that the nuclear war drills being staged under its very nose are annual and defensive military actions for defending the U.S. and guaranteeing the security of south Korea.

Third, they should make a decision to withdraw all nuclear war means from south Korea and its vicinity and give up their attempt to reintroduce them as their immediate duty.

They should bear in mind that the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula can begin with the pullout of the nuclear war means introduced by the U.S. and this may lead to the global denuclearization.

The chief of Chongwadae should not forget that the prospect of south Korea may be rosy when the north's nukes are considered as a property common to the nation but south Korea is bound to go to ruin when it remains under the U.S. nuclear umbrella.

The situation on the peninsula is directly linked with peace and security in Northeast Asia and the rest of the world.

The army and people of the DPRK together with the world peace-loving people who sympathize with justice and value conscience will closely follow the future behavior of the U.S. and its followers.

Rodong Sinmun
little Un might not sing be he can fart wind like no other.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
20/0413 N. Korea says may hold arms reduction talks with U.S., but no denuclearization dialogue
english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

SEOUL, April 20 (Yonhap) -- North Korea may hold arms reduction talks with the United States, but there will never be any dialogue with Washington on ending the communist nation's nuclear programs, Pyongyang's main newspaper said Saturday.[/.quote]

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Sorry, I missed the humor. When reading these I am always mindful that someone has translated the to English and the translators have a mission as well.

I find the point of view expressed in that missive to be accurate from the NK POV.

When you read the NK press releases please remember who is doing the translating.

A speech given by the President of Iran to the UN had so many deliberate and provocative errors that many called deliberate foul. That was the UN! This is the US or SK doing the translation!

P

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   

er no it is from there news source i can post a Micro and it will in a back words way, say the same thing , this is with out the foul language they use, this is not a site for that. here is the link www.rodong.rep.kp...
for some reason it does not show up as a full link but there it is DPRK at its finest. you can find it by using this Rod ong Sinmun no space between the rod ong it is one word try it rodong see it put the space there automatically

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Found it! Thank you for that! Good to know. I would have thought their English would have been better. That gives a good insight into their thinking. I wonder if they try and make it so wordy or it is just bad translation on their part.

Thanks again, did not realize it was their translators mangling the language. On the other hand, it is more understandable than some of Bush's speeches and just as good (or bad) as many US Senators. Perhaps it is better to be blunt than to go around in prosaic circles like Biden does.

P

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

your welcome i my self like to get thing straight from the horses moth , but in Un's case it come from the rear. here is the Micor translator www.microsofttranslator.com... where you see the link in the left side, translate URL box, copy the link you want to use backspace bar to delete the current link, paste and there you go any lang to any lang is self explanatory go to the China just had a 7 Eq

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This is odd why would Un DPRK deny ties to the Boston bombers when no official has made a link to them, from Yonhap news

2013/04/20 23:00 KST
text size plustext size minusprintsend twittersend facebooksend msn
(LEAD) N. Korea denies links to Boston Marathon bombing
(ATTN: RESTORES dropped word in para 5)
SEOUL, April 20 (Yonhap) -- North Korea on Saturday denied that it has any links to the Boston Marathon bombing that killed three people and wounded dozens earlier this week, saying it opposes all forms of terrorism.

On Wednesday, the conservative U.S. news Website WND reported that North Korea may be behind the bombing, citing the communist country's recent threats to attack the U.S. and its "history of committing terrorist attacks without taking credit for them."

The report also noted that the April 15 bombing coincided with the 101st birth anniversary of North Korea's founding leader Kim Il-sung, the grandfather of current leader Kim Jong-un. The anniversary is one of the North's biggest national holidays, which the communist nation has marked with large events, such as missile and nuclear tests, in the past.
seems to me they want you to believe this before being accused here is link english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Well considering they threatened to nuke us, I can see them distancing themselves....after all, if it had been NK, it would of been a dirty bomb, not some cheesy IEDs...IMO

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

when it comes to act's like this, they will,use what they can get, any form of nuke dirty or not, would be a direct link to DPRK , with the type of bombs used, there is no direct link, but it is nice to see them say... not us.
WND got to check that out here is that link www.wnd.com... well, well, it seems Bush has his hand behind this as well

New suspect in Boston bombing: North Korea
Pyongyang's history includes terror proxies, links to al-Qaida
Published: 3 days ago
author-image F. Michael Maloof About | Email | Archive
F. Michael Maloof, staff writer for WND and G2Bulletin, is a former senior security policy analyst in the office of the secretary of defense.

NorthKorea64

WASHINGTON – The Boston Marathon bombing that killed three people and wounded more than 180 was on the same day as the 101st anniversary of the birthday of North Korean founder Kim Il Sung, raising questions among analysts whether Pyongyang, as in some of its past terrorism, used proxies to carry out the attack in the U.S.

North Korea in recent weeks has been threatening the U.S. with attacks, including a pre-emptive nuclear strike. Pyongyang also has a history of committing terrorist attacks without taking credit for them.

President George W. Bush removed North Korea from the U.S. terrorist list as a compromise to the Hermit Kingdom to halt its missile and nuclear weapons development programs.
for you that seems to read only the top parts here it is again, the Bush link

President George W. Bush removed North Korea from the U.S. terrorist list as a compromise to the Hermit Kingdom to halt its missile and nuclear weapons development programs.
Yea that worked out well, DPRK has them now
more "ZIG BUSH" no surprise here so what freedom could be taken , how about the right to carry large back packs ban coolers , TSA scanners at all events, oh come on i am not telling them anything they have not already thought of.

edit on 20-4-2013 by bekod because: added link, line edit

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
All i know is things seemed to have really cooled down and all these threads on here from a couple of weeks ago seem idiotic. I told everyone nothing was going to happen. Guess what? I was right...AGAIN!

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

oh so the bombing is now nothing... right
DPRK and their talk of going to war still is nothing.... right. and this in nothing as well... right?

2013/04/20 17:02 KST
text size plustext size minusprintsend twittersend facebooksend msn
N.K. accuses S. Korea of having hands behind cyber attacks by 'Anonymous' hackers
SEOUL, April 20 (Yonhap) -- North Korea accused South Korea on Saturday of having hands behind cyber attacks on its propaganda Web sites by an international hacking group, denouncing the attacks as part of an organized smear campaign against the communist nation.

The Anonymous hacktivist group has conducted a series of attacks on several North Korean-run Web sites, including Uriminzokkiri, and stole lists of tens of thousands of their subscribers and made them public. The latest attacks came last week on the 101st birthday of the communist regime's founder Kim Il-sung.

"This is intolerable as it is a wanton violation of the DPRK's legitimate internet activities recognized by international law," the North's Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of Korea said in a statement carried by the official Korean Central News Agency.

"Matter is that the Intelligence Service and other forces of South Korea have their tentacles stretched deep into such provocative acts against the DPRK," it said. DPRK stands for North Korea's official name, Democratic People's Republic of Korea.

South Korean authorities have launched an investigation to see if those who registered with the North's propaganda sites violated related domestic laws. No South Koreans can contact North korea or its people without prior government approval.
The South's "puppet regime is kicking up the whirlwind of wholesale suppression of progressive organizations and figures on the list, branding them as 'North's spies' and "those following the North.' This proves that the puppet regime is the very one behind the cyber attacks," it said.

(END)
the above is form the link english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Anything is possible.

Maybe I just give the North Korean's to much credit.

I forgot about it being the 101 anniversary.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

we agree on that, for even they DPRK do not know if they will or not have a war, one day they say it the next day it we are ready for the word the day after the war against the US and puppet forces, seems they forget to take their Ritalin www.kcna.kp... but to make a long read short here is the last line from the link

The world's biggest possessor of nukes U.S. is waging nuclear strike drill against the DPRK. The latter, also a nuclear weapons state, is thus compelled not to remain an onlooker to it.
No one can vouch that exchange of fire will not spill over into an actual war.
Will the U.S. be able to have a complacent smile of satisfaction at that time? -0-
what a bunch of nut jobs the only one I see with a smile of satisfaction would be Un , proving he does have Nukes, and does know how to use them.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I will reiterate. Nothing has happened and nothing is going to happen. NK ran their mouths and they are now in retreat mode.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

it seems that KCNA is up to the game of go to link see it in Korean well lets see if this helps www.kcna.kp... ok should come up in english, but that does not mean it will satay that way.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Two more Scud missile launchers moved to N. Korea's east coast: source

SEOUL, April 21 (Yonhap) -- North Korea has recently moved two additional missile launchers believed to be for Scud missiles to its east coast, a military source familiar with the matter said Sunday, in yet another sign of preparations for a missile launch at a volatile time on the Korean Peninsula.

According to intelligence authorities, the North in early April moved two mid-range Musudan missiles to Wonsan, and placed seven mobile missile transporter-erector-launchers (TEL) in Wonsan and South Hamgyeong Province at its eastern coast.

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join