It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Watch 2013-2019

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by penninja

Well, we will have to agree to disagree. The difference in reality is that

NK know what system they are under. They believe they have a need to defend themselves from the imperialists.

You have lost your freedoms. You have lost control of your government and the really sad part is

You have not realized it as yet. Bit by bit you are becoming no more than a slave and you can not see it!

P

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

I can't tell you one "actual" freedom I have lost.

It's always the last bastion defense...sheep, slave...lost your freedoms.

I'll deal with Americans... what are the big debates on Ats in regards to freedom?

Digital Piracy (although I think piracy makes money in many ways or at least can and this is all stupid) It IS however...a fight over Free Entertainment, in the end Theft Lite....

Drugs, argumentation over ignorance of what kills you and doesn't... and in the end that's working out okay as weed becomes acceptable... I don't know if it is Your RIGHT to Meth out and ruin peoples lives including your own...

Taxes... having Taxes? endless debate... inevitable there will be some... 26% 34% this crap doesn't matter if your an entrepreneur and try to do stuff....

Airline checks....Isn't it cool enough to FLY lol, I take a hand bag and wear loose fitting shorts lol

Gun Rights? Did the govt make certain people Yahoos that we even need to defend ourselves.... it's a hot topic but in the end, most gun owners are shmucks, I don't actually need one...

Topics of lost freedom are Mostly MOOT if your an American... Freedom is CHOICE, you have IT

I have girlfriends in other countries... I'm sitting in front of 3 flat screens totaling 100" with 2 other computers to my left and right, I ate New Zealand Mussles with Crab tonight, I can download any music or information from anywhere, I talk to people all over the world and make money doing that....Going to Japan in the Fall, NY in 2 months.... I can order anything I want from anywhere in the world... Love who ever I want, Think however I want...

I'm not even rich.... mediocre... I wont break 6 figures this year....

What's FREEDOM... the capacity to blow peoples heads off if society says no? The right to kill my self on dope while driving?

Maybe I should bitch because they want to make sure I don't carry a grenade on a plane and scan my balls? before I GET to fly to Japan for 850.00 in airline miles which I don't actually pay for anyway? Do any of these nuts ever stop and think how awesome it is that I they COULD go online, make friends in other countries fly for free to a totally different culture, have great sex with said friend, eat like a King ate 100 years ago... do business on a phone the whole time never miss a days work

And if they want to scan my balls.... well screw all that!

Loss of freedom? NO WAY.... technology mandates some changes

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
You know what it really is?

A lot of people are disenfranchised by their own lifestyles and mannerisms because of technology... right here MURICA, there are a lot of ignorant asses who's own behavior leaves them functionally illiterate, they haven't done anything wrong and they are PISSED about it...

One day they had a job in a factory it could afford a small house, there was no intrusion from the outside world in most small towns... you had it SIMPLE, your mind never developed the the right connections to interact with different people, they are too old to change and the "New ways" PISS THEM OFF

Really it's no different than the last civil war.... Agriculture vs Industry, you wake up..the worlds changed and you can't so you find scape goats, fight for your "rights"

Most of these "Rights" will seem as stupid as slavery was in 50 years. And Just as Useless in the "modern world"

It's NOT FREEDOM... to NOT ADAPT, it's FUTILE

Americas doing something wrong? A place like North Korea can no more survive the modern world than a Plantation was going to survive the Industrial age.... They WILL starve either way, they will Lash out.... we're just controlling a demolition

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Inside the Ring: North Korea war strategy

U.S. intelligence officials assessing North Korea’s recent bellicose statements are increasingly concerned that Kim Jong-un could use his limited nuclear arsenal as part of offensive military attack that would be calculated to improve the prospects for reunifying the country rather suffering a collapse of his regime.

According to officials familiar with unclassified assessments, the North Korean leader and his military hampered by economic sanctions and a declining conventional military force remain paranoid about a U.S. military offensive.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

US has an easy way out? what about SK? or do you in your mind risk the security of SK? Lets say the US backs out, and with draws the sanctions, DPRK then builds up an nuke force, , with out waring they Nuke Seoul, then say they will nuke Beijing, La SF and Dc if any attempt is made to stop them , this includes your little home in the land down under, then they do it anyway because they have said in the past they would,. Do you feel better now knowing that the DPRK has nuked every one?

Name one nation that has threatened to nuke other nations in the past 20 years [Iran does not count, to open to interpretation] and then I will say let DPRK have them. For once and for all lets get this party started, tired of waiting for WW3. yea i know we are in ww3 but their aint no nukes, got's to have nukes for it to be WW3.
World.. oh yea it is, Global war on terror, is not to be considered WW3. Now before one says we have deference , i say read this as usual we'v been lied too here is linky if your up to reading it blogs.fas.org... from the link

April 17, 2013
Charles P. Blair
Leave a comment

Better Understanding North Korea: Q&A with Seven East Asian Experts, Part 2

Categories: Arms Control, North Korea, Nuclear Proliferation, Nuclear Weapons

North Korea flag nuclearEditor’s Note: This is the second of two postings of a Q&A conducted by the Federation of American Scientists regarding the current situation on the Korean Peninsula. Read the first part here. blogs.fas.org... Author responses have not been edited; all views expressed are their own. Please note that additional terms are used to refer to North Korea and South Korea, i.e., the DPRK and ROK respectively.

Researchers from the Federation of American Scientists (FAS) asked seven individuals who are experts in East Asia about the the recent escalation in tensions on the Korean Peninsula. Is North Korea’s recent success with its nuclear test and satellite launch evidence that it is maturing? Is there trepidation in Japan over the perceived threat of North Korea attacking Japan with a nuclear weapon? Has North Korea mastered re-entry vehicle (RV) technology? Is there any plausible way to de-nuclearize North Korea?

This is the second part of the Q&A featuring Dr. Yousaf Butt, Dr. Jacques Hymans and Ms. Masako Toki.
Dr. Yousaf Butt

Research Professor and Scientist-in-Residence at the James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies at the Monterey Institute for International Studies
well now you know what is all about.

edit on 18-4-2013 by bekod because: added link, line edit

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I do not know what to make of this , DPRK sends mil staff to Africa www3.nhk.or.jp... from the link

N.Korea sends military leaders to Africa

North Korea says it has sent a high-ranking military delegation to Africa, apparently contradicting reports of its war readiness amid rising tension in East Asia.

State-run media says the delegation, headed by Vice Minister of People's Armed Forces Kang P'yo Yong, left Pyongyang on Thursday. The report did not elaborate what countries they will visit or for what purposes.

Last month, Kang addressed a major rally backing Pyongyang's unilateral cancellation of the armistice agreement that ended the Korean War in 1953.

Kang said the North's inter-continental ballistic missiles with nuclear warheads are targeting the US and its allies.

Observers say the African tour is inconsistent with Pyongyang's recent remarks that it is ready to militarily confront the US and South Korea.

North Korea hosted an international marathon race on Sunday, inviting dozens of foreign runners. Earlier it had urged foreign diplomats to evacuate Pyongyang, saying it could not guarantee their safety in an armed conflict.

Apr. 18, 2013 - Updated 12:16 UTC
could it be that they are seeking war lords, or new links in the black market? Or could it that they want Un out of the DPRK and seeing if the Africa will take him.

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Hard to say for sure what they're doing there, but the city of Damaturu Nigeria likes the way Mr. Un rolls. They gave him honorary citizenship.

Yes, that's right. In a ceremony last week, the mayor of the town in northern Nigeria awarded Supreme Leader Kim honorary citizenship — citing his great wisdom and guiding hand against the imperialist powers. The state-run Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) reported that the Nigerian mayor said: "H.E. Kim Jong Un, supreme leader of the Korean people, is successfully carrying forward the cause of the preceding leaders and wisely leading the Korean people with his tireless efforts, extraordinary leadership ability and warm humanity. "He is steering the cause of building a thriving nation to victory with strong pluck and grit despite hostile forces' unprecedented provocations and manifold difficulties."

Source (I suggest reading the whole article) They actually have a lot of goings-on with Africa.
Weren't most of the runners in their marathon from African countries too? I know some weren't African, but if I remember correctly, a majority were.
edit on 18-4-2013 by PutAQuarterIn because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

yea could be they went there to put First Place medals on bomber. well form our Intel on DPRK Intel that we know nothing about english.yonhapnews.co.kr... form the link

2013/04/19 05:19 KST
text size plustext size minusprintsend twittersend facebooksend msn
(LEAD) U.S. spy chief: No uniform intelligence on what's happening in N. Korea
(ATTN: UPDATES with views by Pentagon's intelligence arm on N. Korea's intentions, firepower in last 10 paras; ADDS photo)
By Lee Chi-dong
WASHINGTON, April 18 (Yonhap) -- Speaking with unusual candor in public about the U.S. ability to know what's happening in North Korea, James Clapper, chief of the U.S. intelligence community, said there is a difference on the level of confidence among his agencies with regard to the communist nation.

On the controversy over whether Pyongyang has nuclear warheads to be delivered by missiles, he said it's still too early to confirm that the reclusive country has mastered the technology.
in other words they might might not but we can say we do not know.

edit on 18-4-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
reply to post by penninja

Well, we will have to agree to disagree. The difference in reality is that

NK know what system they are under. They believe they have a need to defend themselves from the imperialists.

You have lost your freedoms. You have lost control of your government and the really sad part is

You have not realized it as yet. Bit by bit you are becoming no more than a slave and you can not see it!

P

I don't want to go further with this... but checking on the thread I noticed this line here

"NK know what system they are under"

How is that?

They aren't allowed cell phone or any phone contact to any other nation

They don't sell "foreign" books or textbooks

There is no Internet at least not to the outside world

It is 100% state run media

VIOLATION IS PUNISHABLE BY DEATH

So what is it the North Koreans KNOW? about why they are doing anything?

These guys don't even know that "Panchos" 127-3 Itaewon-dong Yongsan-gu Seoul Korea has free Tacos on Tuesday night????? You gotta wonder how they'd feel if they did.

I Live in the South west and I know where to go for free Tacos in Seoul.... because there isn't a giant FENCE keeping me in.

edit on 18-4-2013 by penninja because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Name one nation that has threatened to nuke other nations in the past 20 years [Iran does not count, to open to interpretation] and then I will say let DPRK have them

Why restrict it to 20 years! GO back a little further.

US used two Nukes on Japan.

In the Korean War plans were drawn up to use Nuclear Cobalt devices.

The Cuban Missile Crises.

The number of ordinary people saying "Just Nuke Em."

These would all make me very nervous if I were in NK. TO put it in a nutshell, both regimes need to go, NK and the US. leadership.

P

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Yea and I bet if your neck of the woods got a surprise attack and wanted to end a long bloody drawn out war you would use them too. LBJ was the one who said to use them and if he did DC would get one from USSR, and China would nuke LA, look that up, it is declassified now. JFK used them as a bluff, and worked!!! Did he use them no, would he have??? that is what most likely got him killed. As far as Un, DPRK they have them but now what to do??? We can wait it out or see when he uses them , or have China handle it. As far as talks go english.yonhapnews.co.kr... from the link

2013/04/19 06:25 KST
(LEAD) Kerry not enthusiastic yet about N. Korea's talk of dialogue
By Lee Chi-dong
WASHINGTON, April 18 (Yonhap) -- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry on Thursday dismissed North Korea's preconditions for talks as unacceptable.

Testifying at a Senate hearing, he stressed Washington will not let Pyongyang play a gambit to get assistance without taking sincere steps toward denuclarization.

But he said North Korea's talk of dialogue itself is positive.

After weeks of bellicose military threats, Pyongyang has been talking about the terms to restart dialogue.

In a statement, the North's military said if the U.S. wants dialogue it should roll back U.N. sanctions and end joint military exercises with South Korea.

"That's the first word of negotiation or thought of that we've heard from them since all of this has begun," Kerry said at the Senate Armed Services Committee. "So, I'm prepared to look at that as, you know, at least a beginning gambit -- not acceptable, obviously, and we have to go further."

The secretary emphasized the importance of breaking the pattern of negotiations with North Korea -- rewarding Pyongyang for returning to the bargaining table after provocative acts.

President Barack Obama's policy is "to try to change this dynamic, which has been just a round robin of disaster for the last 20 years," he said.

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry speaks during a Senate hearing in Washington on April 18.

Kerry pointed out that Pyongyang has reneged on international deals, including the 1994 Agreed Framework.

"You reach agreement, they go back on it. You reach agreement again, you give them some food aid, there's some sort of bait, nothing happens," he said.

A problem is that North Korea has continued to progress in its nuclear weapons program, said Kerry.

Kerry, who traveled to Northeast Asia last week, expressed optimism that China will take the side of the U.S. and its allies in endeavoring to resume talks with North Korea.

"China sees a growing level of instability in the region," he said. "And the last thing they would want, I'm convinced, is a war on their doorstep or a completely destabilized Korean Peninsula."

Kerry added, "It is clear to me they are wrestling with their best approach. They're really thinking about this for a number of reasons."

In a sign that the U.S. and China are in close consultations on the North Korea issue, Wu Dawei, China's special representative for North Korea policy, plans to visit Washington next week, according to a U.S. government official.

Wu will visit Washington from Sunday till Wednesday for consultations with his American counterpart, Glyn Davies.

"Both the United States and China agree on the fundamental importance of a denuclearized North Korea,”the State Department official told Yonhap News Agency.

Wu is chairman of the six-way talks on North Korea's nuclear program, which also involve South Korea, Japan and Russia. The negotiations have been deadlocked for years amid Pyongyang's repeated provocative acts.

Earlier in the day, the White House insisted that the Sept. 19, 2005, deal at the six-party talks should be the basis for discussions if any negotiations with North Korea resume.

"The United States has been and remains open to authentic and credible negotiations that would implement the September 2005 statement of the six-party talks," White House spokesman Josh Earnest told reporters.

In the agreement, the North pledged to abandon all of its nuclear program in exchange for political and economic incentives.

The U.S. is open to "credible, authentic negotiations, but it's going to require clear signals from the North Korean regime... to live up to their international obligations and to keep their commitments to end their nuclear weapons program," he said.

[email protected]
[email protected]
(END)
bet DPRK has the same war talk talk they been spewing for the past month and a half now. oh they are silly of em to doubt them, from your fav and mine KCNA linky www.kcna.kp...

Confrontation and Dialogue, War and Peace Cannot Go Together: KCNA Commentary

[Article List]
[Video]
[Photo]
[Music]
[Larger Font]
[Smaller Font]
[Expand]

Korean / English / Chinese / Spanish / Japanese
Pyongyang, April 18 (KCNA) -- High-ranking U.S. officials are vying with each other to talk about dialogue.
They said that "the U.S. keeps the door open to north Korea so it may make other option", "Obama clarified more than once the U.S. is ready for dialogue and negotiations if north Korea takes part in a sincere discussion" and "the U.S. has no intention to attack north Korea".
This is, in fact, nothing but a base artifice to hide the true colors as the arch criminal who wantonly infringed upon the sovereignty of the DPRK and created the worst tension on the Korean Peninsula and evade the responsibility for it.
The U.S. completely lost the face to talk about dialogue with the DPRK as it has committed hideous criminal acts against the latter.
The U.S. prodded the UN Security Council into fabricating "a resolution on harsh sanctions" against the DPRK in wanton denial of its right to satellite launch, pushing the situation on the peninsula to the brink of a war.
It is staging joint military drills with huge armed forces and nuclear attack means involved, posing the biggest-ever threat of nuclear strike to the DPRK.
Even at this moment when the U.S. is talking about "dialogue", its strategic nuclear strike means including super-large nuclear-powered carriers are watching for a chance to make a preemptive strike, operating in waters off the peninsula. Nuclear submarines and the U.S. forces including thousands of U.S. marines are being rapidly dispatched to the operational theatres on the peninsula.
The U.S. talk about dialogue at this time is nothing but a cunning behavior to pass the buck for the situation inching close to a war to the DPRK and a disgusting deceptive artifice to mislead the public opinion.
The U.S.-touted dialogue goes to clearly prove once again that its scenario for a nuclear war remains unchanged as it is keen to invade the DPRK by force of arms while stepping up the preparations for a war behind the scene of dialogue. This once again confirms its nuclear war policy towards the DPRK and is another unpardonable hostile act against it.
It is by no means fortuitous that the U.S. put forth the restraint on the DPRK's "additional provocations", fulfillment of international commitments and measure for denuclearization as preconditions for dialogue.
In a nutshell, the U.S. wants the DPRK to dismantle its nukes, the treasured sword for self-defence, before starting dialogue.
It is absurd rhetoric for the U.S. to urge the DPRK to abandon all its rights and capabilities for self-defence in face of the former's brandishing of nuclear stick and come out for dialogue with bare hands.
By origin, the process for the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula had been derailed by the moves of the U.S. for a nuclear war and finally had come to an end.
The U.S. has shipped nuclear weapons into south Korea since several decades ago and threatened the DPRK with nukes, spawning the nuclear issue on the Korean Peninsula. It is illogical and preposterous for it to urge the DPRK to dismantle its nukes and commit itself to their "nonuse."
The dialogue between the DPRK and the U.S. should strictly be based on the principle of respect for sovereignty and equality.
There can be no genuine dialogue between the DPRK and the U.S. unless the latter rolls back its hostile policy toward the former and lifts its nuclear threat and blackmail against Pyongyang.
Confrontation and dialogue, war and peace can never go together.
The DPRK will escalate its military counteractions for self-defence unless the U.S. halts its nuclear war drills and pulls back its war hardware for aggression from south Korea. -0-
well they do know when to say things best

Confrontation and dialogue, war and peace can never go together.
to bad they never take their own advice.

edit on 19-4-2013 by bekod because: added link, line edit

edit on 19-4-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Yea and I bet if your neck of the woods got a surprise attack and wanted to end a long bloody drawn out war you would use them too. LBJ was the one who siad to use them and if he did DC would get one from USSR, and China would nuke LA, look that up, it is declassified now. JFK used them as a bluff, and worked!!! Did he use them no, would he have??? that is what most likely got him killed. As far as UN DPRK they have them but now what to do??? We can wait it out or see when he uses them , or have China handle it. As far as talks go english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

mods double post pleas delete

edit on 19-4-2013 by bekod because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
US Japan agree no talks with DPRK er Un till real show of peace acts
www3.nhk.or.jp... from the link

Japan, US agree on condition for N.Korean dialogue

Senior officials from Japan and the United States have agreed that the 2 countries will not engage in a dialogue with North Korea unless the North takes concrete steps toward denuclearization.

The head of the Japanese Foreign Ministry's Asian and Oceanian Affairs Bureau, Shinsuke Sugiyama, and US Special Representative for North Korea Policy Glyn Davies met in Washington on Thursday.

Earlier in the day, North Korea demanded that UN Security Council resolutions imposing sanctions on the North be retracted as a precondition for any resumption of its dialogue with the US and South Korea.

Sugiyama and Davies agreed to refuse such a move, noting that it is no possibility that resolutions adopted under due process will be retracted.

The 2 confirmed that their countries and South Korea will coordinate their policies and urge China to play a more active role in urging the North to abandon its nuclear weapons. China has considerable influence over North Korea.

The 2 also agreed to cooperate in carefully monitoring North Korea's possible launch of a ballistic missile and protecting themselves from such acts.

Apr. 19, 2013 - Updated 05:16 UTC
bet Un will be hot over this, might be the same words as this, from KCNA short for Kim Can Not Answer, the link www.kcna.kp...

CPRK Secretariat Threatens to Deal Deadly Blows at S. Korean Group of Traitors

[Article List]
[Video]
[Photo]
[Music]
[Larger Font]
[Smaller Font]
[Expand]

Korean / English / Chinese / Spanish / Japanese
Pyongyang, April 19 (KCNA) -- The Secretariat of the Committee for the Peaceful Reunification of Korea (CPRK) released information bulletin No. 1031 Friday in connection with the fact that the south Korean puppet forces have become all the more undisguised in their moves of hurting the dignity of the supreme leadership of the DPRK despite the repeated warnings of the DPRK.
At a time when all the Koreans were celebrating the Day of the Sun, old riff-raffs of the "Association of Elderlies" and other ultra-right conservative gangsters went on the rampage in downtown Seoul, hurting the dignity of the supreme leadership of the DPRK. This proves that the puppet conservative group's provocation farce has reached an intolerable phase, the information bulletin said, and went on:
Despite their hideous crime, the puppet conservative villains do not hesitate to make the whole gamut of rubbish to justify their hideous acts.
They called the ultimatum sent by the Supreme Command of the Korean People's Army "an act hardly understandable" and called on the army and people of the DPRK to make "decorous words and deeds" in reference to their will to take retaliation.
The puppet military hooligans led by Kim Kwan Jin are coming out in a provocative way, threatening to "punish the north if it makes provocation under any pretext" following the ultimatum of the DPRK.
All facts prove that the ultra-right hooligans' act of hurting the dignity of the supreme leadership of the DPRK was a deliberate and planned provocation to fan up confrontation with fellow countrymen, incite hostility and strain the situation, and that the puppet authorities are a chief culprit.
While conniving at and defending the thrice-cursed treason, the puppet authorities are speaking loudly of "dialogue" in public. This makes the DPRK burn with indignation.
The puppet group is seriously mistaken if it thinks it can go unpunished without making a word of apology for mangling the hearts of the army and people of the DPRK who regard the dignity of its supreme leadership as their life and soul.
As they had already declared, they will deal retaliatory blows at those who hurt the dignity of their supreme leadership no matter wherever they are.
The puppet group should clearly know that the moment of its most miserable end has come. -0-
and this is from a Committee on Peaceful Reunification?? oh hate to think if they are for war. oh yea they are,,, silly me

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
This is going to be good China to hold talks with South Korea over Little Un and the DPRK mad men english.yonhapnews.co.kr... formt he link

2013/04/19 16:16 KST
China eyes 'in-depth' talks with S. Korea on N. Korea next week: envoy
SEOUL, April 19 (Yonhap) -- South Korean Foreign Minister Yun Byung-se will hold talks with his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi next week and Beijing expects to hold "in-depth" discussions with Seoul on North Korea, the Chinese ambassador in Seoul said Friday.

Chinese Ambassador to South Korea Zhang Xinsen made the remarks during a meeting with Yun earlier in the day. Seoul officials have said that Yun was considering visiting China as early as this month, but Zhang revealed Yun's scheduled visit to Beijing.

"Minister Wang Yi expects to hold in-depth talks on inter-Korean relations, regional and global issues with Minister Yun when he visits Beijing next week," Zhang told Yun during his opening remarks.

It will be Yun's first visit to China since taking office.

"Your visit to China is expected to generate momentum for bilateral relations to move forward," Zhang said.

South Korean Foreign Minister Yun Byung-se (R) shakes hands with Chinese Ambassador to South Korea Zhang Xinsen during a meeting on April 19, 2013. (Yonhap)

In return, Yun told Zhang that he will visit Beijing "in the near future" and hold talks on the issues regarding the Korean Peninsula.

Foreign ministry officials confirmed Yun will visit China next week and then head to Japan.

Officials said Yun's visits to China and Japan are aimed at discussing ways to get North Korea to back off its threats of provocation and forge a coordinated approach toward the North.

Pyongyang has intensified its belligerent rhetoric since the U.N. Security Council imposed tougher sanctions that punished it for conducting a third nuclear test in February.

North Korea suspended operations at an inter-Korean industrial complex in the North's border city of Kaesong early this month, while South Korean President Park Geun-hye vowed to stop rewarding the North's brinkmanship.

Yun's trips to China and Japan also come as an annual summit between South Korea, China and Japan appears unlikely to take place in May amid claims that Beijing has been noncommittal about Seoul's proposal to hold the meeting next month.

The three countries have held a cooperation summit every year, and it is South Korea's turn to host this year's session. But the two sides have yet to reach an agreement on when to meet reportedly due to China's reluctance over a territorial dispute with Japan over a group of islands in the East China Sea.

Seoul's foreign ministry officials also said a May meeting is unlikely because of the time needed for preparations.

[email protected]
Little Un is in for a spanking he'll never for get, Un going to be really upset at this, [bet he get so hot, he set of nukes by looking at them] think of hop sing form Bonanza when reading that. Un is not going to like this one bit wonder what Un er the DPRK will say after there meeting, bet it is not OK US you win I give up nukes , we have peace talks... yes? but more along the lines of "China is now in bed with venomous US puppet forces, not to be trusted, turn on little bro to become US slave, they to shall have nukes rain down on them". Oh Un pleas say that word for word, see how fast China smacks you down. US has not, or wont. SK cant, not by it self. Japan to far away to do any good. China what do they have to lose?? one big pain in the rear, parked on their front door.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

yongyang has laid out its conditions for dialogue in an effort to reduce fears of nuclear war on the Korean peninsula. South Korea has rejected them for offering nothing new, which is true, as North Korea's main demands have been the same for years: An end to UN sanctions, which helped create major food shortages last year, and a promise from the US and South Korea to stop the ongoing military drills which appear to Pyongyang as preparations for an invasion.

Pyongyang also said the first step towards denuclearization must begin with first ensuring North Korea's safety. That requires a promise by the US not to re-introduce nuclear weapons into the region, as they did last month.

If North Korea isn't proposing anything new, neither is the US and South Korea. Their offer last week of restarting the 2005 Joint statement was rejected, as North Korea sealed their only nuclear reactor in 2007, only to see the US fail to keep their side of the bargain.

While negotiations are off to a rocky start, many expect the atmosphere to improve when the US-South Korean training drill "Foal Eagle", which lasts 2 months, finally ends on April 30.

In North Korea's proposal they mentioned the NATO invasion of Libya as the reason they now refuse to give up their nuclear weapons. The next outbreak of tension could occur if they successfully test a missile which can actually carry a nuclear warhead to South Korea.

Most analysts believe Pyongyang would take major steps towards ending its isolation if the United States would finally recognize North Korea. Last month Pyongyang canceled the 60-year old armistice between the two nations, meaning that unless diplomatic talks take place, and are successful, the United States and North Korea will continually to remain technically at war.

www.presstv.ir...

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
China is finally going to talk to North Korea.
I hope they can find a firm and permanent solution.

N. Korea accepts China's offer for dialogue: Japanese newspaper

TOKYO, April 20 (Yonhap) -- A senior Chinese official, such as top nuclear envoy Wu Dawei, could visit North Korea as Pyongyang indicated its willingness to talk with Beijing about ways to defuse tensions on the Korean Peninsula, a Japanese newspaper reported Saturday.

North Korea conveyed the intention to China in mid-April, the Asahi Shimbun newspaper reported citing an unidentified source. This has made South Korea, the United States and Japan believe that Pyongyang is less likely to press ahead with a medium-range missile launch, it said.

The Musudan missile, which is believed to be capable of reaching as far as the U.S. territory of Guam in the Pacific, still remains ready for a possible launch, but some missile units have begun withdrawing from the east coast, the report said.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueAjah

well thank you just put that in other thread and was going to post that here, now that the bombing madness is over, i can get back to this thread, need a break any way
news for the day, KCNA today same as it was yesterday, no need to post anything from there NHK nothing new and what is was going to post is posted.

well for now.

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Thank you for the update.

Let us hope and pray to whatever deity you believe in that cooler heads prevail!

P

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

well it is not over the fat lady has not sung yet, China need's to play out the 5th act then it will back to the 6 party talks Un will then do an other test say mid June or July then it starts all over again. well want you know NK willing to talk to US after China say they want to talk to Un

2013/04/20 11:01 KST
N. Korea says may hold arms reduction talks with U.S., but no denuclearization dialogue
SEOUL, April 20 (Yonhap) -- North Korea may hold arms reduction talks with the United States, but there will never be any dialogue with Washington on ending the communist nation's nuclear programs, Pyongyang's main newspaper said Saturday.

The Rodong Sinmnun newspaper accused the U.S. of suggesting its willingness for dialogue with Pyongyang is an attempt to unilaterally disarm the country. The North won't give up its nuclear program until the entire world is denuclearized, it said.

"There may be talks between us and the United States for the sake of arms reduction, but there will never be talks for denuclearization," the paper said. "Our position is clear. Never dream of denuclearization on the Korean Peninsula before denuclearization of the world is realized."

Demanding the North take denuclearization steps first as a condition for dialogue shows Washington's ulterior intention to rid Pyongyang of nuclear weapons and to militarily overpower the country, the paper claimed.

(END)
thought there might be some news tonight, the above is from this linky english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

edit on 20-4-2013 by bekod because: added link, line edit

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

well you do not see a Korea war now do ya! Bet if old Bush one or two was in office you ,er we would , but thank the good whom ever, [do not want to offend any one of what they believe in] their not, That does not mean there wont be one, for that is up to Un, and lets hope he is all talk, like he's been.

new topics

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join