It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Watch 2013-2019

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

yep today they are 17 hours ahead of US time here it is the 15th there it is the 16th just found this Japan official says it has right to make preemptive strike on DPRK english.chosun.com... from the link

Japan Claims Right to Pre-Emptive Strike on N.Korea

Former Japanese defense minister Shigeru Ishiba, who is considered a likely prime minister, on Sunday said Tokyo should have the ability to deliver a preemptive strike against its enemies.

The comments came amid mounting threats of a missile launch by North Korea and resurgent Chauvinist sentiment in Japan.

Ishiba, the second-highest-ranking member of the ruling Liberal Democratic Party, said in a TV interview that preemptive strikes against enemy bases in order to prevent ballistic missile attacks "legally constitute self-defense."

Under its pacifist post-war constitution, Japan is prohibited from launching a first strike against its enemies and is allowed to retain a military only for self-defense.

Japan does not have any long-range missiles that can deliver a preemptive strike. But Ishiba said, "It would be too late to come up with a response after North Korea fired its missiles and tens of thousands of people have died."

On Saturday, he also said that since North Korea has threatened Japan with a missile attack, Tokyo would be allowed to defend itself by striking first.

Ishiba's stance is shared by a growing number of Japanese politicians who feel their country must develop a long-range cruise missile capable of attacking North Korean missile bases. Ishiba said steps to revise the constitution are aimed at giving Tokyo the ability to launch a preemptive strike and the right to wage war against its enemies.

North Korea has threatened to attack Aomori Prefecture, Misawa city and Okinawa, which house U.S. military bases, warning that the "sparks of war" would hit Japan first.

The Wall Street Journal reported on Saturday that North Korea's belligerence is boosting support for Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe's plans to bolster Japan's military power.

Takehito Yamamoto at Waseda University said North Korea's threats have "severely weakened" repulsion felt by Japanese about bolstering their military.
Read this article in Korean
[email protected] / Apr. 15, 2013 11:17 KST
little Un must be hopping mad about now China not behind him, Japan say we have right to first strike, US say give up nukes we will talk.

Isn't it against their constitutional article 9? I mean they are not even allowed to train their "military" ("military", because article 9 forbids an army) within their own country, so they always have to train in the US.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by aLLeKs

They train in their own country all the time. They train in the US, because the training here is more realistic, as we have a lot more land to build bombing ranges, and simulate missile sites, and the like. Japan doesn't have room to have things like Red Flag, Red Flag Alaska, and Green Flag, so they train in the US a lot. Most of our allies like to train here, because our simulations are hyper realistic. I've heard pilots comment after landing (in combat) "That was it? That was EASY compared to Red Flag."

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Remember that NK and Iran are working together. And via extension of Iran, is various Islamic terrorist organizations.

And Iran has been conspicuously quite lately.

My own opinion of the overall situation has not changed. It may start getting worse very quickly from here.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
Remember that NK and Iran are working together. And via extension of Iran, is various Islamic terrorist organizations.

My own opinion of the overall situation has not changed. It may start getting worse very quickly from here.

NK and Iran may be friendly but the last thing Iran wants now is attention. They want to continue their nuclear program and not be disturbed. This just isnt NK's "style". They are too proud to deal with this sort of petty attack. If they are going to attack it will be very clear and they will be more than proud to take credit.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by underduck
NK and Iran may be friendly but the last thing Iran wants now is attention. They want to continue their nuclear program and not be disturbed.

What if they are already finished with their program, and now is the time to get the party started.

This may be just the precursor attack. Something to get people riled up for the main attack.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by underduck
NK and Iran may be friendly but the last thing Iran wants now is attention. They want to continue their nuclear program and not be disturbed.

What if they are already finished with their program, and now is the time to get the party started.

This may be just the precursor attack. Something to get people riled up for the main attack.

It certainly is possible but I just dont see that happening for the same reason I dont see NK being involved in the Boston bombings. When you have nuclear capabilities you do not put relatively small explosives in trash cans to blow up civilians.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
But I did see this ...

www.cnn.com...

This is not getting any less tense like we were hoping. Apparently Un is not happy with the most recent attempts to calm him down.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by underduck

But do they have nukes? The tests (from what I've been told) were all fizzle level tests, and not full up nuclear blasts.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

That is a major debate right now. Some say "Certainly not" and some say "Definitely Yes". I think that allows the world to treat them as if they do. That is a really tough bluff to call. Regardless they are certainly able to create dirty bombs and the like.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
reply to post by penninja

I can understand your love for China, blind adoration for it and would never hesitate to spew further propaganda to mislead others on ATS, BUT you are technically hijacking this thread which is about Korea Watch, and not China Watch.

Excuse me

PLEASE do NOT put words into my mouth. I have no BLIND LOVE for anything. I have INTERESTS one of those INTERESTS is the continued SURVIVAL of South Korea and Japan and that WILL be determined by how China is Handled.

AND CHINA was on our side in WW2 and China was ALIGNED with the USA against the Soviets until 1978 when we CHOSE to interfere in their backyard

Derailment my arse..... What CHINA does determines OUR actions in NORTH KOREA there is no discussion about these events or actions without the China factor PEACE or NOT PEACE in the region will be determined by THEM their choice of sides DECIDES if North Korea is handled in 2 weeks or if Millions die...

Neither South Korea or Japan can take another BLEED and people are being Idiots IN THE END Western OIL Interests will be the END of these cultures

My ACTUAL concern is for SK and JAPAN not CHINA....

Japan hasn't suffered enough? From TEPCOS actions? They need have CHINA turn out on the opposite side because of largely WESTERN OIL INDUSTRY CORRUPTIONS???????

And honestly all the rest of your post is the same crap China is the enemy, Chinas stuff is cheap blah blah bs AND COMPLETELY AMERICAN POV.... Taiwan, South Korea and JAPAN.... DO export A LOT to CHINA we DO NOT

And in the End.... this is about ASIA and it's future....

There IS a future for America ...Maybe if we are opposed to CHINA.... There IS NO FUTURE for South Korea and Japan/ End Seoul and TOKYO those cultures are DONE

So MAYBE just maybe everyone stops their BS view of AMERICA as central to all things and Concentrate on ASIA where we honestly DO NOT EVEN BELONG AND IT'S OUR INTERESTS LITERALLY CAUSING ALL THIS

MY INTEREST I want to spend the rest of my life in JAPAN ( half the year at least) because I enjoy my life there better than 90% of the United States where i'm bombarded by TRASH and STUPIDITY daily.... I'd prefer the place isn't a nightmare because of more US Effin Oil Interests.... Japan, will make plenty of money without this nonsense and be just FINE

I supported what we did in the ME, America needs Oil too... to assure our survival... messing with Chinas needs for the same reason has NOTHING to do with Japan and South Korea.... China will GLADLY take our side against NK, they will Never invade Japan or SK for Business reasons... $$$$. The ONLY people who will pay a price for OUR greed and belligerence will be Korean and Japanese these people DO NOT need to DIE for our pissing war with China that exists ONLY because some real morons in OUR country can't stand the Number 2 in regards to economics....

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
reply to post by Gazrok

Where does a bombing coincide with gun grabbing? How could they relate a bombing to gun legislation? I"m just thinking out loud but to me "Common Sense" doesn't put these 2 together. I'm just speaking out loud.....

Is it the thought of this being a homegrown militia act that is helping you come to this conclusion?

Please advise.

First Up - My Condolences and Deepest Sympathy To All Those Effected by todays manipulation. That Said - Wake Up! There is an Agenda at hand.. First the crap coming out of the Korea's which is just a maniuplation to put folks on edge. Then bombings in MA... Cause and effect - sheeple will be scared - time to boost HLS.. That's why we purchased all that Ammo and Equipment - so this doesn't happen - yeah, - Sheeple = oh yes, need HLS, NWO and the #21.... my ass... This Makes Me Sick!!! I want to vomit!!! and, yes - will tie right into the gun control - They want full control... What a load of Crap!!! Again, Please understand, my heart breaks for those effected by Their Agenda

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
In more important news....

US recovers North Korean Missle Head

Well know by the end of the week... if there is anything up on that Satellite or not... how well shielded these things are against counter measures, etc, etc et al

One good thing about the US military... they don't debate anything.... they go acquire answers

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96

Originally posted by sulaw
reply to post by Gazrok

Where does a bombing coincide with gun grabbing? How could they relate a bombing to gun legislation? I"m just thinking out loud but to me "Common Sense" doesn't put these 2 together. I'm just speaking out loud.....

Is it the thought of this being a homegrown militia act that is helping you come to this conclusion?

Please advise.

First Up - My Condolences and Deepest Sympathy To All Those Effected by todays manipulation. That Said - Wake Up! There is an Agenda at hand.. First the crap coming out of the Korea's which is just a maniuplation to put folks on edge. Then bombings in MA... Cause and effect - sheeple will be scared - time to boost HLS.. That's why we purchased all that Ammo and Equipment - so this doesn't happen - yeah, - Sheeple = oh yes, need HLS, NWO and the #21.... my ass... This Makes Me Sick!!! I want to vomit!!! and, yes - will tie right into the gun control - They want full control... What a load of Crap!!! Again, Please understand, my heart breaks for those effected by Their Agenda

What the hell evidence on Earth do YOU PEOPLE have that this is some sort of false Flag

Some of you scare the hell out of me you know that?

Maybe 9-11 was a setup to bring us into war for OIl sure... Maybe with Good reason? (sad as that is) That doesn't however mean that every idiot on the wrong meds and moron that puts a small explosive device in a trash can is some needed continued plot.

Frankly i'm pro gun control.... I have at least One neighbor out of 30 units who's armed to the teeth for no reason what so ever and will pop in the event someone lights of fire crackers near his doorstep... This guy might KILL people I know or worse ME over anything as idiotic as skipping his meds, a vote on abortion he doesn't like or seeing two homosexuals kiss in public.... MEANWHILE, none of these things even affect me...personally all the stuff INTERNALLY that has most whack jjobs ready to shoot.... random people for no effin reason, never even touch my daily life.... LOL I don't like Monsanto either...so I don't eat it... End of issue for me personally... I'll survive Idiot government decisions and corruptions... Joe Retard on anti depressants clucking in forums with 12 automatic weapons might randomly shoot ME

To relate to thread... Red Dawn was retarded North Korea wont be landing men in the North West...I don't need to shoot anything.... As per our Govt? Moronic political agendas in the USA .... they END of their own accord... Never liked the Marijuana laws either....didn't need to shoot a Senator to be able to smoke legally did I.... common sense prevails in due course with most things in a Democracy

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
North Korea threatens to strike without warning

(CNN) -- North Korea turned up the temperature yet another degree on its neighbors Monday, warning that it would not give any advance notice before attacking South Korea. "Our retaliatory action will start without any notice from now," the North said in a statement carried by its official news agency, KCNA.

www.cnn.com...
Sooo....does this count as a warning or not?

'We're warning you, that will not warn you.'

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
it is just simply amazing how much this little guy can get away with..
he has been slapped on the wrist and still.. flips the world off..
But.. so far.. he is still nothing but a nuisance..

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by PutAQuarterIn

Let me ask you this - If you were planning an attack, would you let your enemy know? - No of course not! - Just scare tactics which you just fully fell for, No??

eta - It's a mind game - what's the technical term - physiological warfare? We hope!
edit on 15-4-2013 by Anmarie96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by PutAQuarterIn
North Korea threatens to strike without warning

(CNN) -- North Korea turned up the temperature yet another degree on its neighbors Monday, warning that it would not give any advance notice before attacking South Korea. "Our retaliatory action will start without any notice from now," the North said in a statement carried by its official news agency, KCNA.

www.cnn.com...
Sooo....does this count as a warning or not?

'We're warning you, that will not warn you.'

The “without warning” is in reference to them warning you how and when they will attack you.
Examples would be.
“we will send the military in your country….”
“we will attack your navy…..
“we will bomb your city…..”
“we will take out your power grid….”
“we will destroy your sea ports…..”
“we will nuke your capital….”

It’s like telling someone that you will get revenge at a time and place of your choosing. You tell them there will be an attack, but they will have no warning of when or where.

edit on 15-4-2013 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Have they?
Didnt they just test launch some rockets?
it was of course not headline news due to all these other distractions.
but hmm.. "keep looking over there" maybe?

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

Have they?
Didnt they just test launch some rockets?
it was of course not headline news due to all these other distractions.
but hmm.. "keep looking over there" maybe?

Instigators are always quiet once the chaos starts

Once you've pissed off the nuts in the street enough to go places with bombs and have propped up your buddy in regards to "having his back" to the point he's willing to throw punches.... that's exactly where the Instigator personality retreats and has no idea what so ever what is going on lol

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

I had actually figured all that. I still find some humor in the warning though. I mean, why state that at all?...if he was serious about it anyway. If they were to pull something, it would be a surprise at the moment, but at the same time it wouldn't be very surprising in the grad scheme of it.

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join