It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Watch 2013-2019

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
english.yonhapnews.co.kr...

S. Korea sets out 'active deterrence' against N. Korea's nuke threats

SEOUL, April 1 (Yonhap) -- South Korea's defense ministry unveiled Monday a new contingency plan of "active deterrence" that allows its military to launch a preemptive strike against North Korea if the North shows signs of an imminent nuclear or missile attack on the South.

The new contingency plan was outlined in an annual policy briefing by Defense Minister Kim Kwan-jin to President Park Geun-hye amid heightened tensions over the escalation of North Korea's bellicose rhetoric against Seoul and Washington.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
Every once in a while you run across someone that seams detached from reality. They just do not grasp the gravity of the situation through their ignorance, to the point that it is dumbfounding. I just seen such a person on Arirang tv.

I was just tuning through the channels on intelsat 9 and came across an interview on Arirang tv. My jaw almost hit the floor. There was some fat American/Canadian/European idiot on there talking out his rear end. He was saying, we need more tolerance and understanding in regard to NK.

Um….I am sorry but…. They are threatening to nuke our asses! The time for tolerance has officially past.

I wish I had a copy of the interview, or a link to it so other people could see it but I don’t. I couldn’t even stand to watch it long enough to figure out who was talking, let alone watch it to the end.
edit on 1-4-2013 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

Sadly, I think he believes his own propaganda. He really thinks he could rule the world with his 'elite" army. That's what scares the living bajesus out of me. The lack of reality in this man's mind.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Also, what's to stop them from blowing a nuke miles into their own boarder, claiming "I accidently detonated while in transition to a safe location due to SK provocation."? It's done on their own territory and would radiate SK, Soul to be exact. I know it's hypothetical but these people are absolutely freaking mad!

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Twitter@BreakingNews: US Navy shifting guided-missile destroyer in Pacific Ocean in response to ongoing threats from North Korea.

And a new link www.breakingnews.com... ocean-in-response
I have seen this come up several times now on twitter so don't think its bogus.
And
01/04/13 US Navy shifts destroyer in wake of North Korea missile threats
worldnews.nbcnews.com...

U.S. Dept of Defense official tells #CNN Navy deployments result of belief that North Korea may launch missiles in coming weeks.

The U.S. Navy is moving at least one warship closer to the North Korean coastline and more may be on the way, CNN has learned. The SBX-1 radar, a sea-based platform with a radar on top, is also on the move.

These deployments are aimed at monitoring North Korean military moves - in particular upcoming missile launches the U.S. believes may be happening in the coming weeks, according to a U.S. Defense Department official.

edit on 1-4-2013 by Senduko because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Kim jong Un made Nigeria citizen

Title of Honorary Citizenship of Nigeria Awarded to Kim Jong Un

[Article List]
[Video]
[Photo]
[Music]
[Larger Font]
[Smaller Font]
[Expand]

Korean / English / Chinese / Spanish / Japanese
Pyongyang, April 1 (KCNA) -- The dear respected Kim Jong Un was awarded the title of honorary citizenship of Damaturu City, Yobe State of Nigeria.
A ceremony of conveying the certificate of the citizenship took place at the presidential guesthouse in the city on March 25.
Present there were personages of the city administration and members of the DPRK group for technological cooperation working in Nigeria.
The governor of the city administration said at the ceremony:
H.E. Kim Jong Un, supreme leader of the Korean people, is successfully carrying forward the cause of the preceding leaders and wisely leading the Korean people with his tireless efforts, extraordinary leadership ability and warm humanity.
He is steering the cause of building a thriving nation to victory with strong pluck and grit despite hostile forces' unprecedented provocations and manifold difficulties.
Our city administration hopes that the friendly and cooperative relations between the two countries will steadily grow stronger.
We deem it the greatest honor to hold Kim Jong Un as an honorary citizen who is making a great contribution to the progress and prosperity of mankind and the global peace and security in the wake of registering President Kim Il Sung and leader Kim Jong Il as honorary citizens.
The certificate of the honorary citizenship presented to Kim Jong Un was conveyed to the head of the DPRK group for technological cooperation. -0-
If war does break out will he flee to there? makes one wonder.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taissa

Originally posted by eriktheawful
You need to add these:

North Korea Threatens To Shut Down It's One Remaining Link With South - Kaesong - 30 March, 2013

I was told the other day by a family member who is military that if they do that, it would be a bad sign. Hope that's not true.

I, like many people here, have followed any news about North Korea since Maj. Dames "seeing into the future" guy said that something major happens when North Korea kicks it off.
I always use the Kaesong factory as my truth or lie detector......so if they do shut this down, it crosses over into new territory as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
HELLO peeps!

Not to be rude, but can we stick to the OP's original format, like bold and larger fonts for the headlines then a quote. Just my $0.02. I sort of liked the original format.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
tweet from nbcnews
US Navy shifting guided-missile destroyer in Pacific Ocean in response to ongoing threats from North Korea, officials tell

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by headb

Haha, ty
I also think this is a good format to work with, so u can see its purely an update. I don't apply this for twitter information because well... Twitter needs to be taken with a grain of salt, if you knew how many times I have seen today that NK fired a nuke in SK killing 4 people and 9 injured.

Also poster above me; if you look 3 post's above me you will see I posted this
Thx for contributing though.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Sea-based radar to watch North Korea

Source

Washington (CNN) -- The U.S. Navy is moving a sea-based radar platform closer to the North Korean coast in order to monitor that country's military moves, including possible new missile launches, a Defense Department official said Monday.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I honestly don't think we've seen so much movement against NK rhetoric in the past.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
China mobilizing troops, jets near N. Korean border, US officials say

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

China has placed military forces on heightened alert in the northeastern part of the country as tensions mount on the Korean peninsula following recent threats by Pyongyang to attack, U.S. officials said. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

This is extremely concerning!

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
In the past, the rhetoric from Pyongyang has essentially been brushed off by western powers. Using aggressive language against America is as much a part of their culture as grilling hamburgers on July 4th is to ours, and our leaders have always understood that. But this time it seems different. IMO, the biggest concern is that this young leader will back himself into a corner, out of which the only way to extricate himself and save face, and be taken seriously in the future, would be to act upon his language. The Pentagon understands this, and that, in my estimation, is the reason why we are responding by moving assets, even relatively minor ones as bombers, fighters, and a destroyer, into the region.
edit on 1-4-2013 by RidgeWalker because: Grammar correction

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The way this fat ass is running his mouth it's about time ATS launched the official 'North Korea' forum.

At least we know he doesn't follow through when he farts.

Meanwhile, Park Geun-hye has hit back and is ready to lay the 'smackdown' on lil Kim's ruddy-poo, candy ass should he start anything!

edit on 1-4-2013 by Just Chris because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
security.blogs.cnn.com...

edition.cnn.com...

ON ITS WAY

If that's not a "I dare you to shoot it" device sitting off the coast of NK, I don't know what would be. LOL.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bearack

China has placed military forces on heightened alert in the northeastern part of the country as tensions mount on the Korean peninsula following recent threats by Pyongyang to attack, U.S. officials said. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

With regards to the news article you posted up. Is this supposed to give the impression that China will be siding with North Korea after-all?

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris

Originally posted by Bearack

With regards to the news article you posted up. Is this supposed to give the impression that China will be siding with North Korea after-all?

That is how it sounds. Not sure the validity, however, they could be doing measures with no clear indication of how they truly feel just to make their own statement that we might use them to control a mass exodus of refugees or it might be just exactly as it appears. Anyone entering NK will face Chinese military.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It does seems like allot of "exercises" are being conducted. China is never gonna back the US on this one.
Seems like the powder keg is about to ignite.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
hmm, were are spending allot of resources to position our chess pieces, I am thinking maybe a preemptive if this idiot keeps running his gator..

The chinese mobilizing on the North Korean border concerns me a bit, not to mention the catastrophe, that will occur with the World markets if war breaks out in ASIA, all those that are predicting a iraq, war v2.0 scenario, do not quite understand the geography or nature of the North Koreans, its not a desert folks, it a rugged mountain terrain, that will be fortified, ya ya, the air force will drop bombs, and we will scorch North Korea, but its not going to be a 2 week, 24 hour cable news orgy affair..

We talked the same way, before the Vietnam war, we ended up losing that war, and our soldiers returned mentally limp and dysfunctional.. Also I suggest talking to some old Korean war vets, and listen to some of the war stories, they tell, it was not all fun and games over there man...

Considering the POTUS, is silent, and his talking parrot is not talking much to the press about this, I take it something serious, I can presume the troops on the 38th are at full alert..

Not to mention a conventional war in Korea, is going to destabilize the middle east even more, who knows what will occur down there, while we are occupied with Korea, Iran, Syria, Egypt, etc, that is a powder keg, and a korean war is all its going to take to destabilize the world peace...

North Korea, and whoever his allies are know this..
edit on 1-4-2013 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join