It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Injustice of North Korea's Prison Camps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Mods I'm sorry if this contains controversial content. I feel people throughout the world need to know about this. Not just the rumors of war with North Korea. I cannot sugar coat this information as to it will be a slap to the face of the victims.

Che Guevara: "If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine." I'm not a supporter of Guevara, but his quote reigns true to my anger after reading in-depth about the prison camps in North Korea. You don't have to agree with politics, but what is going on angers and upsets me like I have never seen before. Imagine the darkest and scariest (fiction and non fiction) you have read, watched, seen, etc and multiply that to a very high number. With the hundreds of thousands in prison camps and millions starving to death it's scary to imagine how we know so little about this country. The individuals and families do not matter; the hive (state) has to survive regardless of the people suffering and dying.

According to the testimony of former camp guard Ahn Myong Chol of Camp 22, the guards are trained to treat the detainees as sub-human, and he gave an account of children in one of the camps who were fighting over who got to eat a kernel of corn retrieved from cow dung.

Women who are found pregnant are forced to get abortions. The fetus is injected with poison. One case had a baby being born and then killed.

Here are quotes by the book about Kim Jong-il by Michael Breen.

Some women arrived pregnant. Poison was injected in the fetus, but some live babies were born. Prisoners assigned as medical assistants were order to strangle them. Kim Bung-ok gave birth to a boy begged the medical officer not to kill him. The baby was throttled. The commotion attracted the attention of the senior medical officer and Kim was thrashed and put in the solitary cell where, five days later, she died.

During the rainy season in the summer of 1991, a Christian woman named Lee OK-dan was working in the discipline department accidentally slipped into the sewage tank. It was so deep that they needed a rope to get her out. A guard told them to ignore her. In order to save her another Christian prisoner jumped in to rescue her, followed by two more. The guard order the door of the tank closed and the four women dies from the noxious fumes. Their bodies were never taken out.

The following year, in the smelting works, an officer order prisoners to pour molten iron on eight Christian men who had infuriated him by remaining silent when he commanded to them renounce the existence of heaven.

Officers in these prisoners are thought the prisoners are less than human and are rewarded for hurting and killing prisoners. I cannot believe this happens in our world. I am shaking because of how upset I am at this injustice.

Prisoners are forced to watch public executions.

A former prisoner tells his stories of pain and struggle with many in the camp.

As I watch these videos and read the stories I am upset. I'm one person who never thought something like this can upset me this badly. But it did and I want these stories of injustice shared with others. Together we can bring to light and hopefully not let these people's death be in vein.

Source
Source 2
Source 3
Source 4
Wiki Article

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Merica still has capital punishment dont they?

And how many in prison?

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
You need to do better than that.

How about babies thrown out of incubators? Oops. That is already taken.

Perhaps you can create some videos or "confessions" where the DPRK leaders' (Kim Jong-Il is dead) favourite delicacy is the flesh of a few day old babies? Then you can all pretend to be enraged by this barbaric behaviour and cry "Bombs away!"

new topics

join