It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officer 'Sues Garage Burglary Victim'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Her bosses don't know anything about her suing the garage owner:

Norfolk Police has said the force is unaware of the legal action which appears to have been taken privately by the officer.

www.itv.com...-owner-sued-after-policewoman-trips-o n-kerb_182701

edit on 31-3-2013 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
She's making an idiot out of herself and her colleagues, and I imagine most of them are pretty p!ssed off at her. She's probably thinking of leaving the force anyway and, spurred on by the endless "Shysters4U" adverts on daytime TV, has seen a way to get out with a bit of money in the bag.

My money, for what it's worth, is on the insurance company settling out of court, simply because it is cheaper than fighting the case.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
If she injured herself on the job then this would be a workman's comp case then wouldn't it?

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
A testament to the calibre of coppers being recruited nowadays.

She won't sue, in fact, this time next year I doubt she will be even in a job. Absolute disgrace and a joke, if she wants to sue for that, then she wants to do some of the jobs I've been on in properties that are literally death traps, but you get on with it, no matter what, that's what I get paid to do and every member of our front line services, including this moron, knows there are a million and one risks, that's just how it is. This woman is a disgrace to the uniform!

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by RAY1990
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

I didn't half laugh when I read this on BBC earlier, it's just downright stupid... there is people who actually go out and "trip" on purpose too just to put claims like this in. I'm not saying that is what is happening here but here in the UK we really have adopted the suing and compensation as a way of life.

Sometimes there is good reason for it, others it is just... American (no offense to any Americans)

Wait a second, no offense?! How in the hell did you just admit that in the UK you have adopted the suing and compensation as a way of life, then immediately call it American? You just admitted it was YOUR way of life! And you don't generalize an entire country then immediately say no offense, that's just a cop out for not owning up to what you just said. Dumbass.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Before we all jump on our high horses, the Police Officer is in the process of suing the garage owner. So, as of now, she hasn't been successful. Hopefully common sense will prevail and she will lose her case and then have to pay costs too!

I won't hold my breath though........

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

wow you would think a copper coming onto a burglary scene you might be mindful of your surroundings. you know gas stations or petrol stations usually have slick surfaces with spilled gas and oil.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Cosmic yes i agree with you if every persone just thing about it so i think bigest problem of the world to aoutometicly solved.
edit on 3-4-2013 by nila11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Her own Chief Constable is NOT IMPRESSED with her actions. :|

www.dailymail.co.uk... -staff.html

Good. Neither are we.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
"The letter concludes the 999 call-out ‘exposed our client to an unnecessary risk of injury’."

This might be one of the GREATEST lines ever written. The implication is staggering. The plaintiff, a police officer, states in her complaint that the emergency call ITSELF exposed her to injury. If we follow the negligence trail, he never should have called as he knew full well she might be hurt responding to his call and should have called someone else. Only, he call was generic, not to her personally, so this line negates the suit on its face.

This lawyer should be disbarred for being a total idiot, a complete moron, the dumbest of the dumb, for including that preposterous line, which, by its very inclusion indicates the police department were the ones to be sued as they took the damn call.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by dalepmay

I didn't half laugh when I read this on BBC earlier, it's just downright stupid... there is people who actually go out and "trip" on purpose too just to put claims like this in. I'm not saying that is what is happening here but here in the UK we really have adopted the suing and compensation as a way of life.

Sometimes there is good reason for it, others it is just... American (no offense to any Americans)

Wait a second, no offense?! How in the hell did you just admit that in the UK you have adopted the suing and compensation as a way of life, then immediately call it American? You just admitted it was YOUR way of life! And you don't generalize an entire country then immediately say no offense, that's just a cop out for not owning up to what you just said. Dumbass.

Didn't you know? The UK is full of people who are all too willing to express negative opinions about their own citizens, but then somehow negate that issue by bringing up Americans.

Hey, rest of the world, listen up!!. Either stop saying that America isn't the center of the universe, OR stop ACTING like America is the center of the universe. It's horribly hypocritical to bash Americans for thinking they are the center of the universe, when EVERY subject or topic you talk about, you end up somehow talking about how awful Americans are. Considering many of you people are incapable of discussing any topic without talking about Americas and/or America, it appears America really IS the center of the universe,

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

So, when people complain about "compensation culture" and ambulance chasing scams, they have no right to refer to the nation that created such practices and encouraged such practices beyond their own shores?

If the US populace hadn't lapped up the possibility of making hilarious compensation claims and getting paid handsomely from them, this dumb-assed excuse for a police woman wouldn't be in this predicament and none of us would be here criticising her pathetic claims.

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalepmay

Hmmm did you read what I wrote? maybe I should have emphasised on the word adopted and I never said our way of life I said a way of life,"I think your whole post is a cop out" because you obviously have no grasp or knowledge of where the ideology of the suing came from.

I'll happily admit I was being somewhat stereotypical but it was all in good fun and obviously not intended to be offensive

I have a good friend who works for a company called ASDA and that company is owned by WALMART and in his work place their is big changes and training happening around Health & Safety all adopted from the USA, long story short the reason why this is happening is to save money on suing and compensation, since they have been trained and educated on how to correctly and safely operate in the work place. Many big companies will be following this approach and guess what it is adopted from an American company.

Then again I'm a dumbass and know nothing... especially where the culture " I'm suing you're ass" comes from

posted on Apr, 4 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Didn't you know? The UK is full of people who are all too willing to express negative opinions about their own citizens, but then somehow negate that issue by bringing up Americans.

I express negativity to whatever I feel negative about but even then I try not to be too negative in approach about it, to be honest I don't get what you mean by this I've never heard anyone I have ever talked to here in the UK who are basically bitching about someone or a group then randomly associate it with the US

Hey, rest of the world, listen up!!. Either stop saying that America isn't the center of the universe, OR stop ACTING like America is the center of the universe. It's horribly hypocritical to bash Americans for thinking they are the center of the universe, when EVERY subject or topic you talk about, you end up somehow talking about how awful Americans are. Considering many of you people are incapable of discussing any topic without talking about Americas and/or America, it appears America really IS the center of the universe,

Never have nor will I any time soon, I have learned that black holes are generally the center of the universe and the theory is is that it is due to having so much matter that light does not escape it's gravity... but anyways I grasp what your saying and again to be honest the only time the US comes up in conversation when I have conversed with my fellow countrymen is where it has it's place, maybe your using the internet as a general point of view of a nation?
I don't know
catholics believed the Earth was the center of the universe but they were wrong, I wouldn't give you the false sense of pleasure of convincing you that you're nation is the center of the universe because quite frankly it's not, it is however a modern day nation a trend setter and influencial one at that.
I could go on for hours about what the US has done around the world to deserve negative attention but I'd rather just leave it at that.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

On topic,
I'm glad that officials within the constabulary have came out and expressed their displeasure of this as like I said in an earlier post I believe a risk assessment is the first thing any emergency service's are supposed to do upon arriving at scene, especially the first at the scene. I'm not an expert on that and may be wrong but when I have talked to emergency services it has always came across as a very important thing, something she has clearly failed to do and not only that she blames the store owner and claims it was he's job!. Heck if I was her boss I'd be pee'd off at her... it's obvious why this is a 'suing case' and not a compensation one.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join