It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women are equal to men/men are equal to women. People can be good.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I think the intensity of our anger dropped with 80% now.

Still, we have a profound 20% remaining.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
And with today's technology, men can be women, and women can be men!

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

nah man, such women can never give birth ey. whoops.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

I was just joking. Making a play on words off the OP.

I think a sex change is probably the single grossest thing a person could do.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Equality is nothing more than a socially constructed lie with evil intentions.

Your list of why we are 'equal' only mentions the similarities of the sexes.Could you make a list of the blatant obvious differences between us? Differences matter more so than similarities..

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Yep, but they're a lot more caring.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

I explained these differences. Women just aren't women anymore... dear hammer of Thor.
edit on 31-3-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
reply to post by SilentKoala

Both have leggs, arms and a head, a heart and intestants?? or how do you call that last.
edit on 31-3-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

I call it's time you went back to school instead of posting a bunch of crap.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knives4eyes
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

I

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MUness

I understand. The level of morale of the feminine population is dragging mens down. Or is it the opposite. Whatever they imply on themselves. They won't get what they want.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by HairlessApe

Originally posted by salainen

Originally posted by HairlessApe
Wow you took basic psych at a Uni? Like everyone who goes to one because it's required? Astounding.

Your arguments towards the difference between genders are based in semantics, yet you don't comprehend the term "differences" correctly in the context of the discussion.

Anatomy. Never did psychology. The arguments are based on semantics, but extend to real differences.

I completely agree that men and women should both be allowed to vote, and should both be given an equal opportunity to choose between abortion or life of a child.

Whats your opinion on sport? Should men and women both compete in the same league? If not, then clearly men and women are not equal.

So... Have you ever studied anatomy? I assume you did psychology. So you do understand men and women are different, but you feel that they are same.
edit on 31-3-2013 by salainen because: (no reason given)

A woman can do any job that a man can do.

I did not claim that any woman can to the same job as any man, but not any man can do what is typically considered a "man's job," if you will. In fact, most men can't.

I think some women would do fine in a male league, but playing a sport is not a real job, it does not benefit society, and quite frankly should not even be considered. You also don't pit featherweights against heavyweights in competative fighting or substitute a lineman with a quarterback.

You have no proof that females could not excel in male sport leagues, nor do you have females training to compete in a male's league. While a textbook may or may not tell you that a male league is more competative because males are naturally more competative, these textbooks are likely dismissing that fact that our culture bred the competition, not the gender.

edit on 31-3-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

one word golf lol good day

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by liejunkie01

Originally posted by smyleegrl

The empowerment of the woman was a detriment to the human cause.

That's right. Women are incapable of rational thought, shouldn't be allowed to vote, ought to be forced to stay at home fixing meals for the man of the house.

When will people realize that women are INDIVIDUALS, same as men?

Did i say you,were not an individual?

Did i say what i thought a woman should do?

it is not about voting.

It is about the whole empowermemt thing.

You are not equal. In a court of law the woman holds all the cards to all the decks,for every game.

There are no jobs because we have the all powering woman doing the mans jobs.

our kids are all screwed up because mommy is out working. I know that men are a part of that but.

You women have grown to believe that you run the show, with the exception of a few, there will be a time when the tables are turned again.

Look at the words you've chosen. You make it sound like men and women are at war with each other.

Is that really what you think? It's an us versus them sorta thing?

Men and women are different. We're supposed to compliment each other. A man's strength, tempered with a woman's gentleness. A man's cold logic, eased by a woman's more emotional side.

I'm stereotyping here, not every man or woman will fit that mold. But I don't understand why you seem to view this as a battle.

Step back for a moment, and truly think about women's history, both around the world and in the US. We've not been equal (in a legal sense) for very long. And, based on this thread, quite a few of our male counterparts would gladly see women reduced to back to chattel.

Harmony is balance. When one sex holds the other in submission....it's no good for either.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Men and women are not equal when it comes to the pain threshold.

A woman has a small human being come out of their vagina...and then may choose to do so again willingly.

Is there any man in here would go through that same type of pain..not only once but 2 or more times willingly?

I consider myself a strong man and all that other jazz...but women got us beat on that aspect.

Men who believe that women are less than us...need to get a life and grow up. Life is not about strength and yes maybe 8 out of ten time we would be stronger...but can we say that about what really matters...the brain.

Can any man on here truly claim that women cannot be and that some are more intelligent than some men.

Yes we are all equal.

Damn tired..sorry if this was utter crap...

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

You women have grown to believe that you run the show, with the exception of a few, there will be a time when the tables are turned again
reply to post by AK907ICECOLD

Why, Paul. Such a mysoginistic dear.

I no longer consider myself Christian, although I grew up Christian and actually have a degree in theology. And I just love it when men start quoting Paul as the ultimate authority on women.

Read a little further....what about the sections dealing with men? Men are to love their wives as Christ loved the church. Considering the type of man Christ was, it's safe to assume he would put the needs of the church ahead of his own. Christ would never force the church into submission, because he would understand that true submission must be given willingly.

What makes me so sad about thinking this way is that some people truly view women as "less" than men. Not so. We are different, yes....but neither inferior or superior to men. We mesh together to form a better union. Bring the strengths of both sexes together, instead of having one sex dominate the other.

For millennia men have subjugated women. Is it any surprise that women want loose from that tyranny? And like any teenager who gains their freedom, some women take it to far. That's the ultra extreme feminists who believe women can get along without men. Personally, I think that's as asinine as a male dominated society.

We should work together. Harmony.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
women and men are obviously different
each has it's own strength and weaknesses
and should work together in harmony like ying-yang
shutting your eyes, blocking your ears and pretending there are no
physical/psychological differences is a disservice to both woman and men
its better to "play to your strengths"
edit on 31-3-2013 by quietlearner because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

A woman has a small human being come out of their vagina...and then may choose to do so again willingly.

Is there any man in here would go through that same type of pain..not only once but 2 or more times willingly?
I think men would do what they had to do to propagate our species, if faced with that choice.

I consider myself a strong man and all that other jazz...but women got us beat on that aspect.

Men who believe that women are less than us...need to get a life and grow up. Life is not about strength and yes maybe 8 out of ten time we would be stronger...but can we say that about what really matters...the brain.

Can any man on here truly claim that women cannot be and that some are more intelligent than some men.

Yes we are all equal.

While I agree that we are for the most part equal, I disagree on the intelligence part. Hear me out. On average, I'd say today, women are probably smarter than males. There are currently more women going to college than males. Does that indicate they are smarter, or just more motivated? I don't care. I think it's safe to assume that on average, they are smarter. Now I was talking about on average. Let's take a look at the smartest people. From my experience, I have to say that the smartest man is smarter than the smartest woman. Look, throughout history, natural selection favored males who were more intelligent. It really didn't matter how smart females were. That's not how their genes were chosen. This phenomenon likely led to an alteration of the female brain. There are some flaws in their logic patterns. Now when you look at average intelligence, these flaws don't matter. But when you look at the very peak intelligence rates, the geniuses, men are still smarter. This doesn't mean they are better or worse. It just is.

I decided I should find some evidence of this theory of mine that I've had for a while. There are twice as many male geniuses as female geniuses.
evidence

edit on 31-3-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

I decided I should find some evidence of this theory of mine that I've had for a while. There are twice as many male geniuses as female geniuses.

Do you think the fact that women have traditionally received less education than men may be part of this statistic? I wonder, for example, how many female geniuses are living in Saudi Arabia right now....but without the means or avenue to grow and nurture that genius.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I think some people use the word "equal" to mean "the same", which in this case is wrong because men and women are not "the same". While both deserve the same rights, there are very real differences in the psychological, physiological and cognitive make-up of both sexes.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

If it meant having children without having to spend every last drop of energy and money on finding and keeping a wife and mother, then yes....gladly.

posted on Mar, 31 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catacomb
The worst thing that a human being can do is to rationalize that we are all the same. We are not all the same, but saying that doesn't mean you should then jump to how different we are, and try to ostracize someone, or separate them from society. Women, and men, both have distinct advantages and disadvantages based on gender. But, you can't go by gender alone. Each man and woman in this world is a distinct individual, and can often break the mold of what you think is possible for them to do in everyday life.

Yes, this is what I think, and I agree with you 100%.

Originally posted by luciddream
Oh?

The other difference is the length of time the pain takes. Then again women prepare for it, and it doesn't really take them by surprise, plus there is usually lots of support. Another interesting thing is how people laugh when that happens to a man. Imagine a man laughing at a woman giving birth.

Originally posted by luciddream
Yes Men and Women are equal, except...

When men are at court

When Woman gets pregnant

When Men plays at beach with his 5 yr old daughter(hint, only men can be pedophiles)

When a Male Teacher has a "relationship" with female student

When Men gets raped

and on and on and on....

Men and women currently don't have equal rights, and they aren't treated the same.

Originally posted by Ghost375
And with today's technology, men can be women, and women can be men!

Not yet! That would require changing all the DNA in our bodies. Yes, the difference between the sexes goes all the way down to our genes.

Originally posted by smyleegrl
Step back for a moment, and truly think about women's history, both around the world and in the US. We've not been equal (in a legal sense) for very long.

We're still not equal. But the thing is, in history you might feel that women were repressed by non-equality. In reality, history shows us that men and women were not equal, but had different rights. Eg. women were first in line, and always the first to get out of danger (lifeboats). Men had to go to war, while women were allowed to stay in safety with the children. Things were different, but were they necessarily as bad feminists say? And as I said, things aren't equal now.

You can't compare it like that though. I don't think that any woman would choose to give birth if they didn't do it for a child. If a man only got a child by going through pain, men would go through the pain. Its also possible that the pain endured by women during birth isn't as bad as some of the pains experienced by men.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join